• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Im pretty big so my shirts and coats are big anyhow. When Concealing a AR, I simply put the barrel in my front pocket. I use a 5 round mag and carry a 30 rounder in my back pocket. Believe it or not, you cant hardly tell I have it on me unless you realy look.
    A folding stock would be easier for smaller people, but a AR just fit me well.:cool:

HOLY SHIIT. The last post I shall ever see of yours and it is another blatant sack of BS. At least I got a GREAT laugh out of it.
    Military Camp

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You seem to have made some huge leaps to conclusions about things I never said. Most of your post has nothing to do with anything I posted.

i can see how you could see that.

i was simply trying to find an analogous situation. then i remmebered my old GMC from when i was a kid. so i used it. doing something that most people dont think of doing doesnt mean they are trying to walk the line of justice.

i do agree if you come rushing up to a line on a slick floor, 7/10 you might stop directly behind it. it is a gamble.
    but i carry concealed or even open from time to time. not very frequently but it happens. i dont see it as such.
    it jsut doesnt make sense to think this way about anything.

i read your post, and it struck me as strange, becasue from reading what you said, about a guy carrying a an AR, ( i agree all the time is a little far fetched) in a thread about carrying rifles.

i could see if you were in a thread titled "ways to get around having a CHL" that would alteast make a little more sense. but saying someone is likely prison bound becasue they excersise their rights... seems... i dont know, a little harsh? far fetched? something. there is a word i dont knwo what it is.

i knew i should have included a disclaimer for my orginal post as well.

i was going suimply from what was included in your post, i dont knwo your politics, or your agenda. and i apologize if i offended you. like i said, i had to take a shit >=) i feel much better now.

also, please excuse my dijointed posting style tongiht. i am on a 12 hour shift and mega dosing caffeine every hour.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    and yes. i did jump to conlcusions.

jsut to clarify, you dont think MrRedneck is jailbound for utilizing rights and yada yada yada,

instead becasue of his perceived contrary attitude twoard LE, his feelings of autoresponsibility (if not a word it should be) and his knack for getting into sticky situations...

either that or you are callign him a liar, or both.

im not sure anymore. im going back to the post whore thread.

love you man!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    instead becasue of his perceived contrary attitude twoard LE, his feelings of autoresponsibility (if not a word it should be) and his knack for getting into sticky situations...

either that or you are callign him a liar, or both.

love you man!

all of this.

its a little early in our relationship to use the L word...but I like you alot......

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    1.) Nothing wrong with the word "alarm" in the statute. 2.) Carry an AR concealed all the time?....ummmmm sure you do. 3.) It makes me feel like at some point you will cross the line and be a guest of the taxpayer. As with most who want to always live right on the line of legality, you will cross it at some point.

This isn't right at the line. It's well within the lines of it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good idea. I was thinking about getting one of those Maxpedition sling bags to carry my MSAR in. The thing is surprisingly heavy though.

Anyone that would call legally carrying a rifle on the line of legality is a few degrees off plumb.

7.5 lbs, IIRC. I think it seems heavier because it's such a small package.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    going from houston to galvez with a double bbl shotgun visible on my motorcycle...
    made it thru houston and all the way down 45, no problem.
    some busybody must've dropped a dime on me on broadway. i was stopped and jacked up felony style. must've wasted 20 minutes with those cops smh

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    going from houston to galvez with a double bbl shotgun visible on my motorcycle...
    some busybody must've dropped a dime on me on broadway. i was stopped and jacked up felony style. must've wasted 20 minutes with those cops smh

Yes sir!! That is what happens even though we have a right to carry shotguns and riffles without restrictions other than regulated places such as school and court houses.
    That word " Alarm" is the reason Law Enforcement will jack you up everytime! Get youself a AOW stamp and saw that thing down. Then you can hide it under your jacket like a criminal would.
    If your ridding down the road on your bike, I see no reason for any Cop to assume you mean to " Alarm " people. If you walked into a store full of people and yelled " Look What I Got", then yea I would think that would be called alarming people!
    The simple truth, your screwed if you exercise your Texas Rights.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

So what happened?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

What did they say when you asked them why you were stopped?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Oh, come on, don't stop now...I've read it all...Need more, need more....LOL...

I tell you what, if I walk around in my yard with my AR I mean to "Alarm" Folks...That'd be anyone that is casing the neighborhood!!

But seriously though, it is sad that people would be alarmed if you were not doing anything wrong...I guess we can thank Hollywood for that one..and the libtards...

I sling an AR or Shotgun and ride my motorcycle to the range several times a year...Never been stopped, or questioned...1431 from Round Rock to Nameless Rd...nice stretch...Not once...ever...

Good thread...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Yeah, you're going to have to fill us in on how that went down. I'm all ears.

Top Bottom