• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    President Theodore Roosevelt despite his many progressive faults had it correct when he said:

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all … The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic … There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else".
    Gun Zone Deals

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Guys, the point isn't about being able to take a joke or not. Think about what an outsider, that isn't used to this site, might think. If there is one thing that modern liberals and opportunists in media are good at, it is pulling obscure little comments out of context and creating a massive public spectacle out of it to support agendas and sell news. We need to consider that with some of the jokes and comments we make. For those that don't remember, within the past year, we already saw evidence of a news source directly quoting a TGT member's comments on a subject (I believe it was AWB or gun control related). So consider that what you say here very well could end up in the news.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I already tried open carry with Open Carry Texas in Temple for lunch. Ehhh....not my thing, but I fully support the guys that want to do it.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Guys, the point isn't about being able to take a joke or not. Think about what an outsider, that isn't used to this site, might think. If there is one thing that modern liberals and opportunists in media are good at, it is pulling obscure little comments out of context and creating a massive public spectacle out of it to support agendas and sell news. We need to consider that with some of the jokes and comments we make. For those that don't remember, within the past year, we already saw evidence of a news source directly quoting a TGT member's comments on a subject (I believe it was AWB or gun control related). So consider that what you say here very well could end up in the news.

I want to agree with this statement so bad, but I don't. The people that oppose us gained power over the firearms community at all because we accepted our "hobby" as an outside community and let the communists put firearm owner's into the taboo category. I refuse to be politically correct and couldn't care less (that's the proper way to say that too, not could care less) what outsiders think. I'm proud that I can laugh at a seemingly racist joke, and proud that I can laugh at jokes towards me... A joke is a joke, anything can be derogatory whether it's a joke or a statement. If it's meant to derogatory, it will be. I am a man and I will say what's on mind. You don't agree or like it tough shit. I don't expect to agree or like everything a man says, but if it's honest, I'll respect him more for it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

erratadata

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    NW SAN Antonio
    I had a good laugh at the local news tonight.

The group "Texas chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America" are planning a counter-rally... wait for it... 10 BLOCKS AWAY!

Paranoid much?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I wonder if the guy who was painted red, white, and blue and was wearing a banana hammock and a Stars and Stripes ski mask will be there. He made such a wonderful impression at the Capitol. :|

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    From watching the group, it seems like he has backed off from wearing that at meets because it puts the group in a bad light even to people on their side.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    And they ran the same preview during every commercial break leading up to the actual news. If I remember right, this groups "supports" the 2nd Amendment but doesn't support open carry - which shows what they REALLY believe. What the news should have said is "On Saturday, just like every other day, American gun owners will obey the law while being in a place they have a lawful right to be."
    I had a good laugh at the local news tonight.

The group "Texas chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America" are planning a counter-rally... wait for it... 10 BLOCKS AWAY!

Paranoid much?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    And they ran the same preview during every commercial break leading up to the actual news. If I remember right, this groups "supports" the 2nd Amendment but doesn't support open carry - which shows what they REALLY believe. What the news should have said is "On Saturday, just like every other day, American gun owners will obey the law while being in a place they have a lawful right to be."

Well said.:D

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Another sad fact is, that within a 1/4-mile radius of Saturday's event, there will be numerous criminals illegally carrying concealed weapons. Yet the news reported that there will be an increased police presence at the event.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So you guys don't have a problem having a quasi political event at the Alamo?

I'm really on the fence about this. If it really is the hallowed memorial that I hold it as. I'd be pissed. (Imagine a political event at the tomb of the unknown soldier)

On the other hand I can't imagine a more worthwhile cause than gun rights at the Alamo.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I think having it in Gonzales would be more apt.

Agreed!

cannon-107w-3.jpg

But I always chuckle at how small that cannon really is, it's depicted as being much larger in most graphics!

Still, it's not the size that matters! :D

Last edited:

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Agreed!

cannon-107w-3.jpg

But I always chuckle at how small that cannon really is, it's depicted as being much larger in most graphics!

Still, it's not the size that matters! :D

Actually, it's a controversial topic but most historians tend to agree that's probably not the Gonzales cannon.

I concur with Lindley that the Gonzales cannon likely made it to the Alamo before the battle. Unfortunately, the cannon itself was probably melted down by that bastard Santa Anna.
    GONZALES COME AND TAKE IT CANNON | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA)

I fully support those folks demonstrating at the Alamo today. I'd be there, but my wife and I just had our first baby and my desire to spend time with them outweighs my support for open carry...

Top Bottom