• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Maybe I would support open carry based on the following: if you are licensed to conceal carry you are allowed to open carry if you choose. In other words, if you are not licensed to conceal carry, then you are prohibited from open carry.
    Guns International

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Maybe I would support open carry based on the following: if you are licensed to conceal carry you are allowed to open carry if you choose. In other words, if you are not licensed to conceal carry, then you are prohibited from open carry.

I think we should require a license to partake of your right to free speech sometimes ... mostly when I read things like this. Then I remember that we live in America, which is still the greatest country in the world, though definitely headed in the wrong direction. Actually, maybe we should just amend the line that says "inalienable rights" to something like "inalienable right as long as your rulers say so". That might work.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    My friend,

I think we should require a license to partake of your right to free speech sometimes ... mostly when I read things like this. Then I remember that we live in America, which is still the greatest country in the world, though definitely headed in the wrong direction. Actually, maybe we should just amend the line that says "inalienable rights" to something like "inalienable right as long as your rulers say so". That might work.

Based on your comment, please allow me to recommend a book by Mark Levin "Liberty and Tyranny". The important concept for many to understand is that of maintaining a civil society at the same time promoting liberty and freedom.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Based on your comment, please allow me to recommend a book by Mark Levin "Liberty and Tyranny". The important concept for many to understand is that of maintaining a civil society at the same time promoting liberty and freedom.

When you violate the very principles upon which your society is built, you're already on the road to tyranny. As for maintaining a civil society, an armed society only threatens two groups of people - criminals and politicians. Wait, that's only one group.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    When you violate the very principles upon which your society is built, you're already on the road to tyranny. As for maintaining a civil society, an armed society only threatens two groups of people - criminals and politicians. Wait, that's only one group.

LOL.....I agree as to the one group!! Believe me, I do support an armed citizenry, but that is not the same as open carry in my opinion.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    LOL.....I agree as to the one group!! Believe me, I do support an armed citizenry, but that is not the same as open carry in my opinion.

The particulars of how to accomplish an armed society can be discussed ad nauseum. My only point to this is the denial of open carry is very simply an infringement upon American citizens' inalienable right to keep and bear arms. Any abridgment of that right is an erosion to our rights. For people to willingly forego aspects of that right and still claim to support it is illogical.

It should be my choice to carry open, not the choice of our overlords.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I definitely think that it is a right granted to us by the united states constitution. But I just don't ............. I don't know I guess I'm still conflicted on this topic.

One more thing guys and gals. I have noticed that some of the arguments for either side are starting to get a little personal. Try and remember we're all friends here when the smoke clears.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Uhhh. Please read my post again. I said I would LIKE to have the right to open carry. Don't talk down to me when you're the one being ignorant.

After you're done being the ignorant one maybe take a gander over and reread my post as well... At no point do I ever disagree with your remarks, in fact I support them with more general examples instead of the way that you yourself would carry... The comments were meant in support of our choice and our rights if you reread it... If I'm getting onto you reread some of my earlier posts where I make rough use of people's words...

Ignorance is in the eye of the society not in the eye of the beholder...

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I definitely think that it is a right granted to us by the united states constitution. But I just don't ............. I don't know I guess I'm still conflicted on this topic.

One more thing guys and gals. I have noticed that some of the arguments for either side are starting to get a little personal. Try and remember we're all friends here when the smoke clears.

Sometimes in a truly free society, people are going to do things you just don't like. As long as they aren't harming anyone, then you just have to live with it. If they're harming someone/society, then you have to make the consequences prohibitive. Open carry doesn't harm a soul.

One of the many problems in our country is that too many people have taken up crusading for behavior modification.

As for the latter part of your comment, I certainly hope no one has taken any of my comments personally, and if they seemed directed as such, I apologize. I feel strongly about the subject, and voice my opinion accordingly. I do not wish to level any attacks on anyone, however.

/tip hat

sv6er

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    After you're done being the ignorant one maybe take a gander over and reread my post as well... At no point do I ever disagree with your remarks, in fact I support them with more general examples instead of the way that you yourself would carry... The comments were meant in support of our choice and our rights if you reread it... If I'm getting onto you reread some of my earlier posts where I make rough use of people's words...

Ignorance is in the eye of the society not in the eye of the beholder...

Apology accepted.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Sometimes in a truly free society, people are going to do things you just don't like. As long as they aren't harming anyone, then you just have to live with it. If they're harming someone/society, then you have to make the consequences prohibitive. Open carry doesn't harm a soul.

One of the many problems in our country is that too many people have taken up crusading for behavior modification.
    I didn't say that open carry is wrong just that I'm personally still conflicted with it. Because of issues like a gun being seen is no longer PC to stop the neighborhood drug dealer who can now have his fire arm out for the world to see. There would be no guarantee that the person packing the pistol would know what he is doing other than carrying his gun. I know multiple LEOs that do not like the idea of open carry because there is no training required in the process. And some of us either have had jobs or do have a job that requires you to carry a gun. And I mean no disrespect if you've served or are a LEO but I don't want some jackass that doesn't know the muzzle from the slide release behind me if some one starts shooting. The later is my main issue. If there was some kind of mandatory training that was free or really low cost or something like that it would help me be at ease

As for the latter part of your comment, I certainly hope no one has taken any of my comments personally, and if they seemed directed as such, I apologize. I feel strongly about the subject, and voice my opinion accordingly. I do not wish to level any attacks on anyone, however.

/tip hat
    I just thought I'd verify that I was not referring to anyone in particular just a friendly reminder that when the smoke from a heated discussion that people are passionate about that we are all still on the same team.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I didn't say that open carry is wrong just that I'm personally still conflicted with it. Because of issues like a gun being seen is no longer PC to stop the neighborhood drug dealer who can now have his fire arm out for the world to see. There would be no guarantee that the person packing the pistol would know what he is doing other than carrying his gun. I know multiple LEOs that do not like the idea of open carry because there is no training required in the process. And some of us either have had jobs or do have a job that requires you to carry a gun. And I mean no disrespect if you've served or are a LEO but I don't want some jackass that doesn't know the muzzle from the slide release behind me if some one starts shooting. The later is my main issue. If there was some kind of mandatory training that was free or really low cost or something like that it would help me be at ease

See, to me that's where we ought to be legislating. Everyone ought to be trained to use a firearm (potential militia duties). I'd much rather go the Swiss route and have every household required to keep and maintain a firearm and require training for said firearm.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

You STILL don't get it. Constitutional RIGHT.

I am sure glad you are not in the Texas legislature.... or is this your way of getting your kicks...... to watch peoples blood boil.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

I just thought I'd verify that I was not referring to anyone in particular just a friendly reminder that when the smoke from a heated discussion that people are passionate about that we are all still on the same team.

Would you rather have the neighborhood drug dealer carry concealed ? If they are not a convicted felon and meet the other requirements, they probably conceal legally ( as far as CHL )now. I know that carrying a weapon while commiting a felony is a crime, but if you can't prove they are dealing...... The other thing that is assumed, is that the drug dealers will abide by the Texas CHL law. We both know that criminals don't care what the law is. They conceal carry already, just not legally.

There are things in the laws of this state and country that we would like to tweak. I do think that requiring training to open carry is like requiring training to excercise your freedom of speech.

On second thought, that may not be a bad idea LOL ! I'm sure you know what I mean.

Open carry is legal in most other states. I have not heard of any problems with it in AZ, in the 25 years I lived there. Texas would be no different. It will just take some getting use to. In AZ, it is so common that no one really gives it a second look.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    First of all that is a quote of me labeled as a post buy eriadoc. LOL!
    But I see the constitutional right to open carry and do not deny that. But if said drug dealer is in fact carrying concealed legally (I doubt it to) then we wouldn't know about it anyway, but if said drug dealer is carrying openly and the law allowed it then just the fact that they are carrying a weapon would no longer be probable cause to stop them and question them as to how there business is doing.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sounds to me like open carry is a right. Anything else is an infringement. I'm not a lawyer, scholar, politician, cop, or soccer mom, so ...

We could get into felons carrying, old wild west precedents, safety, percieved safety, etc., but in my mind, we have the right. Would I do it? probably not. Would I say hang a felon high? In a heartbeat.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have met some felons that have done there time and come back into society to be productive, fairly successful and pretty good guys. I work with a guy (he's not in security) that did a stretch I don't ask what for but I know he did and he is a good guy. I guarantee he wouldn't carry a weapon. but I have also met a few that would if there was a way they could get around being stopped and questioned. It is a right afforded us by the US constitution and should be legal. I just think that there needs to be some details ironed out as to how some other things directly effected by open carry.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom