5u4y5u5u.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Sunday morning sounded like a storm rolling in out near Granger dam. Nonstop gunfire the night before as well. Kinda pissed me off to hear someone shooting them down a day early. The overlapping fire from autoloaders definitely was not a clay shoot. We counted about 60 doves over my buddies tank on Saturday and about half that on sunday. Many of them out of range. At least sunday morning I put 5 on the ground and got a good idea of their directions of travel to and from the roost. Only one more bird for me that evening but at least Mic downed a handful. Overall, didn't limit out like I had hoped, but a beautiful day to hunt in spite of the heat and at least I hit enough to make a meal out of. One of them had a belly full of clean corn, which made me think someone in the area was probably baiting too. Makes it a bit harder for us honest types. Last year I did really well about 3 weeks into the season, so there's still hope yet. Thanks for sharing some pictures y'all, I'll be sure and take a few on my next outing.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I had a buddy at a shop I worked at who would call "Bulls balls" if he thought you were lying about something. I always thought it was a great saying. I bet Rustyshackleford enjoys that pic, might make his screen saver on his home computer.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Had my limit on Sunday by 9:30am in a corn field in Waller. The only problem is that i should have had my limit an hour earlier but my accuracy was sucking big time. LOL! Nice hunt though, with UTV transportation to and from your spot, routine delivery of breakfast tacos, coffee and drinks, and then beer and BBQ for lunch under shade tents. Porta-pots too! ;-)

The men in green never showed up, which was surprising. <shrug>

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Had my limit on Sunday by 9:30am in a corn field in Waller. The only problem is that i should have had my limit an hour earlier but my accuracy was sucking big time. LOL! Nice hunt though, with UTV transportation to and from your spot, routine delivery of breakfast tacos, coffee and drinks, and then beer and BBQ for lunch under shade tents. Porta-pots too! ;-)

The men in green never showed up, which was surprising. &lt;shrug&gt;

All the reports I heard was there were lots of birds moving. Good weekend for hunting.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hunted near Pflugerville with my buddy, Gil-Bob. Got our limits both days. All but 3 were white-wings. Now on way back to New Orleans.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom