• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Who uses an optical sight and or a light on their carry weapon. What are your thoughts on ease of concealment. Jury is still out for me.
    Capitol Armory ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m not a fan of a light on the firearm because it generally requires the firearm to be pointed at a target to illuminate it. I admit that an Illuminator on a rifle Is a slightly different beast when the Illuminator operation is controlled by the non-firing hand, but that takes a lot of discipline for folks who don’t practice with those tactics.

I have yet to shoot a mini-red dot on a pistol, but that’s on my list of stuff to do.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I only have lights on my HD pistols but no RD or lasers. My HD rifles have lights and RD/irons. My carry pistols just have iron sights.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    As far as red dots on pistols, they aren't going anywhere, though i doubt they will become as universal as red dots on rifles.

The cost of a good dot, and getting a slide directly milled to accept it can almost triple the cost of a carry gun, which most people aren't going to be willing to spend

Maybe someday we'll get a universal standard mounting pattern.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Im trying out a light on my carry pistol for the first time. Im torn... its small & compact... Olight Mini Valkyrie, but makes your holster larger. The issue im having is i like to carry appendix i/w & the light makes the holster rub the crease of the thigh & hip area at 11 or 1.
    I think im try to convert this holster to an OTW & get a new holster without the light.

20200107_161359.jpg

Attachments

• 20200107_161359.jpg
      20200107_161359.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 483

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Nightstand gun has a light as does one in the living room. One of the ARs has a green light that sometimes lives on a 10/22 (varmints). My carry gun does not have lights but has night sights.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No....just no. NONE of my handguns have rails - and when I look at one to possibly buy, a rail DQ's it for me. To each their own, but if I put a gun in my hand, it's already hit the fan, and I'm a minimalist....I'm gonna double-tap my problem without being worried about being tacticool and lighting them. My nightstand gun is more likely to have a suppressor on it than a light.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    It's really dark in my house at night, where I live there are no streetlights or nightlights at all. I don't prefer to mess with a light but not inclined to shoot wildly into the dark either.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's really dark in my house at night, where I live there are no streetlights or nightlights at all. I don't prefer to mess with a light but not inclined to shoot wildly into the dark either.

Strategic placement of night lights will backlight your opponent without your eyes having to adjust to a sudden burst of light from you.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It also helps knowing that anybody else in the house is an intruder, without having to actually identify them...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom