• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    The absolute best handgun would be a 1911 of any brand, no? Why did I forget the Glocks, but? Now that I think of it it's gotta be a CZ, Colt, Kahr, Sig, Cabot, Custom.... oh, geez. If your still reading this thread you should be at the range.

P.S. - sorry for leaving a lot of stuff out
    Capitol Armory ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I prefer the same. It's about precision and comfort.

Just a thought, and I'm not trying to change yours, but if I were woke up in the middle of the night (home invasion) with sleep in my eyes, precision is not on my mind. The comfort is in knowing I don't have to be precise.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just a thought, and I'm not trying to change yours, but if I were woke up in the middle of the night (home invasion) with sleep in my eyes, precision is not on my mind. The comfort is in knowing I don't have to be precise.

How large are your rooms?

A 20 foot distance will give you maybe 2-3" of spread....

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    2-3" is a mighty big hole, besides, nothing says "you are in the wrong house" better then the pump of a shotgun.

But, you stated you were concerned about not being able to be precise, 2-3" won't make a whole lot of difference, especially if you wouldn't be able to point & hit something at that range anyway.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    But, you stated you were concerned about not being able to be precise, 2-3" won't make a whole lot of difference, especially if you wouldn't be able to point & hit something at that range anyway.

My point isn't that I wouldn't be able to hit at that range, it's that when I do I want them out of commission. Put a 2-3" hole is someone most anywhere on their body it will do just that.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My point isn't that I wouldn't be able to hit at that range, it's that when I do I want them out of commission. Put a 2-3" hole is someone most anywhere on their body it will do just that.

But that is what you stated you were concerned about in the post I replied to, concern about being precise.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You misunderstood me, and again, I'm not trying to change anybodies opinion. What I meant by precise is I don't want to miss a vital area and just wound, giving someone a chance to fire back, I want to defuse the situation immediately. I am quite sure I can hit someone at close range even half asleep no matter what firearm I'm holding.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've got a variety of handguns, Glocks, Walthers, Springfields, Beretta, Sig... My favorite shooting gun is a CZ-75 clone that I paid $280 for brand new.
    It's a EAA Sar BP6P stainless. It's a really nice shooting gun. My favorite carry gun is my XDS 9mm 3.3

Top Bottom