• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    "A Connecticut police officer has filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against Sig Sauer for injuries he suffered when his department-issued P320 — a version of U.S. Army‘s new service pistol — accidentally discharged and wounded him in the leg after he dropped it."
    Clumsy has consequences.
    DK Firearms

Reactions: ScS

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    SIG SAUER Stops Production of P320, ‘Voluntary Upgrade’ Details on Monday

"Meanwhile, tens of thousands of P320s will soon be rolling back into the company’s New Hampshire production facility, once the upgrade details are announced. Customers opting for the upgrade will have to send in their complete gun; both the frame and slide have to be modified.

"That’s an enormous logistical challenge. Given the number of P320’s already in the wild, SIG’s “voluntary upgrade” will be an extremely expensive endeavor — even if SIG decides to charge consumers a fee for the service. And there’s no way [yet] to estimate the amount of time customers will be without their firearms. Or the damage done to the SIG brand."

More at: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...0-voluntary-safety-upgrade-details-on-monday/

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    1nIl8W.jpg

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    SIG SAUER Stops Production of P320, ‘Voluntary Upgrade’ Details on Monday

"Meanwhile, tens of thousands of P320s will soon be rolling back into the company’s New Hampshire production facility, once the upgrade details are announced. Customers opting for the upgrade will have to send in their complete gun; both the frame and slide have to be modified.

"That’s an enormous logistical challenge. Given the number of P320’s already in the wild, SIG’s “voluntary upgrade” will be an extremely expensive endeavor — even if SIG decides to charge consumers a fee for the service. And there’s no way [yet] to estimate the amount of time customers will be without their firearms. Or the damage done to the SIG brand."

More at: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...0-voluntary-safety-upgrade-details-on-monday/

This is very disheartening but at the same time happy news. I have the subcompact, compact. I also have the full sized tacops P320 on the way to the FFL. Sucks, but oh well, time to ship them to Sig next week.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    This is very disheartening but at the same time happy news. I have the subcompact, compact. I also have the full sized tacops P320 on the way to the FFL. Sucks, but oh well, time to ship them to Sig next week.
    Can hardly wait until Monday to find out at who's expense the ship back will be.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Can hardly wait until Monday to find out at who's expense the ship back will be.
    i had a P938 that I wanted them to look at because it was denting brass. They told me it wasn't covered under warranty, but still paid shipping to/from so they could inspect it.

the brass thing turned out to be the least of their worries, but at least they paid the shipping.

biggest concern I have is how long this will take.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston

Regardless if they passed the government drop test, if they aren't completely owning up and paying for their mistake fully, their reputation will be further marred. I trust they're not that dumb.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I may just wait and see, I haven't had any problems in 2 years and I don't expect that I will if I wait a bit.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    It will be interesting to see what Monday brings. As of right now My P320c has been unloaded and taken out of service. Oh, and if anyone is thinking of selling, the list of P320s is stacking up by the day on Texas Gun Trader.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    There are untold numbers of pre-Series 80 1911s out there and people are going bat-crap nuts over this!?!?! Get a grip (pardon the pun!)
    My thoughts too. I figure I can pick up one cheap, maybe put it in the safe next to that dangerous old Rem 700 I've got.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Oh, and if anyone is thinking of selling, the list of P320s is stacking up by the day on Texas Gun Trader.
    I am not seeing an unusually high amount, and certainly none at a price that would make me add another one. Prior to this there were usually plenty there for sale.

Top Bottom