• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I can't agree with this I had a p320c for over a year and I love the gun I don't believe this crap in the first place I never had a problem with the gun and it never failed in any way. You notice all of a sudden that none of this came out till after Sig won the Army contract, and it all of a sudden appeared. Come on I know Glock is a gun company trying to have the contract voided. Who out there has ever had anything fail on their P320.

No one is claiming the gun doesn't function, or has experienced failures...not sure what that has to do with a fix that prevents accidental discharge when dropped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Capitol Armory ad

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    This dropped firearm problem goes way back to the old west days. Remember the old adage "never leave a loaded round under the hammer".
    If you don't drop the damn thing, you don't have to worry. Besides Sig is a responsible company. They will make things right. If not, then I bet some aftermarket firearm parts manufacturer is working on a fix as you read this thread. Thank God for American ingenuity.
    I recently bought my first and only Sig. It is the P320. It seems like a fine pistol. It shoots where I point it. It has never had a failure to feed. At first, it ejected the spent cases directly to the rear into my face. As I shoot it more the problem seems to be going away.
    If a long time loyal 1911A1 fellow is comfortable with a P320, you younger more tactical guys should be too. Remember, all things come to those who wait.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I registered for the upgrade the day it came out, although I haven't received my label yet it is good to hear they are starting to. I may have to go to the post office to pick mine up, not often someone will be here to sign for it. I am looking forward to the new trigger, heard nothing but good reviews on it.

HunkirDowne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2017
    Hallsville, Texas
    This guy talks about it.

Thanks! So this helps. If I get a new calX it will work with my old FCU, albeit not with the full upgrade.

So I'm playing a waiting game to get reports on upgraded models before I make my decision on the upgrade but I'll probably end up doing it just to stay current. Not too worried about the safety issue at this point. It's not my primary carry and I usually carry it in Condition 3 when I do (depending on several factors that I won't go into here) although I am not critical of those that carry with a round chambered (like I do with my primary).

Again, many thanks!

-HD

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I registered for the upgrade the day it came out, although I haven't received my label yet it is good to hear they are starting to. I may have to go to the post office to pick mine up, not often someone will be here to sign for it. I am looking forward to the new trigger, heard nothing but good reviews on it.

I registered the morning (around 5:30am) it went live as well, so I would think your label should be showing up soon.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    Got the label late last week. I just dropped the wife's P320 off at the FedEx in Stafford today. We will see what the turn around time is like. God, I hope it's not as bad as Colt's. Four months in with them on some paid work on my SAA and still nothing.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Got the label late last week. I just dropped the wife's P320 off at the FedEx in Stafford today. We will see what the turn around time is like. God, I hope it's not as bad as Colt's. Four months in with them on some paid work on my SAA and still nothing.

I hope it didn't go off....

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Figured I'd share this part of the Sig Sauer email for those interested.

4 Steps for Sending in Your P320:

1. Verify the address above it correct. If it is incorrect, STOP and please call Customer Service at 603-610-3000, Option #1 to update your address. If the address is correct, continue to Step 2.
    2. Please pack up the unloaded gun(s) in a case or box and secure it inside another shipping package. The original SIG SAUER pistol case is preferred. Remove ALL other items from the case including magazines. DO NOT SEND MAGAZINES OR ANY ACCESSORIES (a SIG Romeo 1 on an RX model is acceptable to ship). Please also send back any 320 caliber exchange kits for upgrade (without magazines).
    3. Print out the attached document (.pdf) and include it in the box with your gun.
    4. Print out your FedEx shipping label from the separate email and attach it to the package. Be sure all label information prints out on the paper clearly, and take the package to your main FedEx shipping hub/terminal. They will ship it to SIG SAUER on your behalf. Most retail locations such as Kinko’s or Mail Boxes Etc. do not ship firearms.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    It wasn't too long ago that there were several Glocks that discharged when dropped the most famous incident was in a Wal Mart restroom, and I believe it happened in a couple of Police departments. I don't recall Glock doing anywhere near as much as Sig is doing to stop that from happening. Oh yeah it's a Glock and they are after the same contract. I am sure if you dropped a loaded gun enough times it will go bang at some point.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Thank you for posting, AustinN4! That is an excellent report. The guy states a 48 hour turn around time on one P320 which is amazing! I sent in 1 P320 and 1 x-change kit, so maybe it will take a little longer. Not worried either way. Tracking shows mine was delivered on the morning of 19OCT2017.

Looking at the video it looks like the work was done very well, which is what I would expect from Sig. he talks about how his Sig P320 was very clean and packed very good. Same experience I had when I sent my P229 in for service.

Here is the video the owner from the SigTalk forum made for those that do not want to read through the SigTalk thread.

Also, if anyone is interested here is an article that reviews some training courses taken at the Sig Academy. Thought it was interesting to hear that in the P320 armorers course the instructor brought up the P320 "drop safe" issues and told students to ask all the questions they wanted about it. I think Sig is handling this very well.

https://triggercontroldotorg.wordpr...or-courses-conducted-august-14-15-17-18-2017/

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Got my label today but due to travel can't send it in right away. When I do, I'll post my times.

Most reviews of completed upgrades over on SIGTalk are positive regarding the trigger.

Top Bottom