• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    That illustrates the problem. You'll get a Samsung phone that runs google android. Google is doing the same thing (and is really far more evil than apple).

Hey killer you can root any android phone to run alpine linux or other open source OSes. The beauty of android phones and their ARM processors is they aren't locked to an OS :-p nice try though.
    Venture Surplus ad

Reactions: gll

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Hey killer you can root any android phone to run alpine linux or other open source OSes. The beauty of android phones and their ARM processors is they aren't locked to an OS :-p nice try though.
    Yeah, but do you think the average consumer even knows that is possible let alone can figure it out? And you think that can be done on every phone? Ever heard of UEFI secureboot?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Has the comms with the baseband processor been figured out? I remember way back when that was the stumbling block.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Yeah, but do you think the average consumer even knows that is possible let alone can figure it out? And you think that can be done on every phone? Ever heard of UEFI secureboot?

I work at Dell in the engineering department. I might know one or two things about UEFI and secureboot.

Has the comms with the baseband processor been figured out? I remember way back when that was the stumbling block.

Yes,

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I work at Dell in the engineering department. I might know one or two things about UEFI and secureboot.

Yes,

I implement and deploy for clients in the real world. And I was involved in some of the research on opening up the MSM8966-based platforms to third party loaders. I have a little bit of practical experience in the area.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    I implement and deploy for clients in the real world. And I was involved in some of the research on opening up the MSM8966-based platforms to third party loaders. I have a little bit of practical experience in the area.

Congratulations I used to do rack and stacks for a long time and then worked in the field for 20 years before coming to dell :-p I would love to talk alternatives with you sometime!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Why do tech companies have to make any political statement? It always polarizes the general public into loving or hating them. Prior to this week I was pretty ambivalent to the tech companies. Now I have strong opinions against them.
    The same thing happens to actors. Just say nothing and be liked by all. Open your mouth, and you are only half the star you were before.

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    Not sure if this made it to the conversation, but AWS dropped parler.

Maybe godaddy will host?

Reading The Guardian is like self injecting a deadly virus. Reading the article and the section under it says “since you are here”; begging for donation to fight against “white nationalism”, and “trump”... disgusting.

Godaddy won’t host jack shit they are pussies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Why do tech companies have to make any political statement? It always polarizes the general public into loving or hating them. Prior to this week I was pretty ambivalent to the tech companies. Now I have strong opinions against them.
    The same thing happens to actors. Just say nothing and be liked by all. Open your mouth, and you are only half the star you were before.

Because their upper management and CEO's are in bed with Democrat politicians, and they all see themselves as the ruling class making better decisions than the peasants (that's us), and they feel entitled to determine what the common rabble see, hear, learn, believe, say and think. And right now they have the power to enforce those determinations, and in doing so help their politician servants (bought and paid for with massive campaign contributions) secure more power and bigger portions of the economy for them.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Probably due to their relationship with politicians. They need to scratch each other's backs or Dutch rudder.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Because all of the kids who hav been indoctrinated in school, are now working there and running the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    An acquaintance sent me this. Seems pretty malicious on Twilio's part...
    Everything you ever posted on Parler including your location data is now in the public domain thanks to a couple of security researchers.

Because of a Press Release that Twilio put out at midnight last night in which they accidentally revealed the different services Parler was using. Turns out it was all of the security authentications that were used to register a user. This allowed anyone to create a user, and not have to verify an email address, and immediately have a logged-on account.

That gave them access to the login box API that is used to deliver ALL CONTENT (parleys, video, images, user profiles, user information, etc). It also revealed which USERS had "Administration" rights, "Moderation" rights to the entire platform... The hackers then used the "forgot password" link to change the password which worked because Twilio was no longer authenticating emails. This allowed them to get directly to the "reset password" screen of that Administration user. They then used that account to create a handful of other ADMINISTRATION accounts, and then created a script that ended up creating MILLIONS of fake administration accounts.

Now that they had a way of creating admin accounts without interruption, they created a Docker Image (basically a virtual machine) called a Warrior, that anyone could download, and when fired up, would immediately start collecting data off of Parler, in a coordinated fashion.

All of this data, the videos, the images, the posts, the metadata (including the GEO location of all images and videos, and the connections to the accounts that posted it, has been (since midnight) being uploaded to various cloud drives and storage arrays for the purposes of Archiving this information, for later retrieval by law enforcement, by the public, by Open Source Intelligence communities.

And the kicker.. is this: all of this information was thought to be secure and private by individuals who were making the posts. A significant number of those individuals went through the process of being a "Verified Citizen" on Parler. What does that mean?
    It means they uploaded a picture of the front and back of their REAL State Driver's License........ Let that sink in for a second.
    I am positive the FBI has been actively soaking in this information along with the Internet Warriors, but this is how they are going to officially track down.

And it's how the FBI, DHS, and FAA have been able to immediately and exhaustively create no-fly lists. Every verified attendee of the Capitol riot where they can find a real name has been placed on No-Fly Lists.

It might seem like a small geeky glitch or hack.. but in the age of Information warfare... this is the silver bullet for the people who used Parler as a place to organize their efforts.

Also, a lot of posts were deleted by Parler members after the riots on the 6th. Turned out... Parler didn't actually delete anything.. just set a bit as deleted.

Guess what has access to all "deleted" content? Administrator accounts.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    And if all traces of your efforts never make it to a DNS listing? Then the solution is? Plant telephone poles? Build Cell Towers. launch satellites to in effect construct a parallel InterWeb?

Enlist Elon Musk...?

He has a bunch of Starlink satellites already up, doesn't much like Jeff Bezos, and understands how to set up finance systems... If anyone could do it, seems like he could!

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Received an email from Gab yesterday...

attachment-3.jpeg

Meet the Gab Phone.

Yes, it’s real.

The Big Tech data mining silo must come down.

We will no longer be serfs on your digital plantation.

You will no longer control our digital destiny.

You can’t stop the signal.

Stay tuned for pre-order information

Top Bottom