• ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That's why roads get that bad.
    And peckerwood is also commonly used by members of white gangs (AB,AC and other skin heads ) to address other whites from the those gangs. And other whites to I think but I don't know.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!
    Gun Zone Deals

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Not to me....hell, I've actually tailed drunks on IH-35 while on the phone w/PD dispatchers, being handed off from one community to another, for over 40 miles, and STILL never got a cop on 'em! So, I think he did something pretty gutsy - call the guys hand, and make 'em go back and get their stuff.

I would consider that to be significantly more important than tailing someone who's about to dump a tree. Especially on I-35 because people drive terrible on that highway when they're sober.

Miloe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    DFW
    Sec. 49.04. DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person is intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle in a public place.
    (b) Except as provided by Subsections (c) and (d) and Section 49.09, an offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, with a minimum term of confinement of 72 hours.
    (c) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that at the time of the offense the person operating the motor vehicle had an open container of alcohol in the person's immediate possession, the offense is a Class B misdemeanor, with a minimum term of confinement of six days.
    (d) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that an analysis of a specimen of the person's blood, breath, or urine showed an alcohol concentration level of 0.15 or more at the time the analysis was performed, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor.

Added by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994. Amended by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 76, Sec. 14.55, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
    Amended by:
    Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 960, Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2011.

Sec. 49.045. DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED WITH CHILD PASSENGER. (a) A person commits an offense if:
    (1) the person is intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle in a public place; and
    (2) the vehicle being operated by the person is occupied by a passenger who is younger than 15 years of age.
    (b) An offense under this section is a state jail felony.

Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 787, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.

Sec. 49.05. FLYING WHILE INTOXICATED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person is intoxicated while operating an aircraft.
    (b) Except as provided by Section 49.09, an offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, with a minimum term of confinement of 72 hours.

Added by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 49.06. BOATING WHILE INTOXICATED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person is intoxicated while operating a watercraft.
    (b) Except as provided by Section 49.09, an offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, with a minimum term of confinement of 72 hours.

Man if I get caught drunk flying, I HOPE all I get is a DUI, more likely ill loose everything.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I swear, some people are lucky it's not illegal to be stupid.

I'm coming home from work today and see a pick-up truck with two teenagers in it and a Christmas tree in the back. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out what they're doing, especially when I see them turn down a deserted back road.

I wait a minute and head down the same road and here they come in the other direction sans Christmas tree (I had their license plate number so I know it was them). I do a U-turn and catch up with them at a stoplight. I signal the driver and he rolls down his window. I instruct him to go back and retrieve the tree or I'm calling the SAPD. Oh, and I've got pics of them with the tree and without it, so all I need to do is find the tree and I've got all the evidence I need of illegal dumping.

I wait a few minutes in a nearby gas station then head down the same back road, and lo and behold here they come with the tree back in the bed of the truck!

I am pretty sure they're just going to dump it somewhere else, but what peckerwoods go to illegally dump a Christmas tree in the middle of the day near a crowded intersection?

Honestly, it's sad what our society has degraded in to. That particular road is only about a half mile long but is constantly used as a dumping site by lazy scumbags who can't be bothered to depose of their trash properly. There is a group that cleans it up all the time, as well as a SAPD sign for reporting illegal dumping (207-SAPD, I've got it on my cell phone); but still these jerks continue to toss their trash and let someone else clean it up.

I doubt they realize I did them a favor by telling them to retrieve the tree. I could have easily reported it to the police and with all the evidence I had, it wouldn't take much effort to track down the culprits.

Sorry, I just had to rant. Things like this tend to irritate me.

Cheers! M2

I know a road just like it here on the NE side. There are also assholes who dump stuff under the high voltage lines that run through part of my neighborhood...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That's a bit harsh. I don't promote littering, and that's really what this is. But again, we're talking about a Christmas tree. Not tires, batteries, or an old tv. Suddenly if I think that maybe this guy went a bit overboard by chasing some people down for dumping a Christmas tree, rather than simply just calling it in in the first place, I'm no longer allowed to make a claim about doing what's right?

I had no idea that my views on the severity of dumping biodegradable waste on some backroads would have an impact on my overall moral code. Forget all the other courteous things I've done such as returning a Springfield 1911 to the RO that some yahoo left behind at the gun range, and may I forever be known as a terrible person.

:rolleyes:

Why do we care about littering?

• It looks like shit, yeah. That's obvious.
    • Public health hazards. Nobody thinks about that one. Trash decomposing, hazmat, etc.
    • Fire hazard. Christmas trees apply here.

He did the right thing. Today they were dumping a tree, but they'll be back with an old TV or some tires or some other nastier shit next week. Or some other asshole tooling down the road will see the tree and come back with his old couch, all because he knows that nobody will do anything about it.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    See all the trouble you caused, when I told Mad Max the Police would cry him a river!

Who would dump a Christmas Tree one month after Christmas?

Lighten up!

Had to dump the carcass of a goat (who died of head-butting with another goat) in cluster of rock and cactus in the back forty.

Buzzards picked the carcass clean in less than 48 hours.

There are scavengers who clean up our roads just as efficiently. How many Christmas Trees do you see on the side of the roads in late January?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Big difference between an old Christmas tree and a dead goat. I have never seen a buzzard, racoon, or opossum eat an old Christmas tree. Or a new one for that mater. Oddly enough I have seen a goat eat both live and dead Christmas trees.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    See all the trouble you caused, when I told Mad Max the Police would cry him a river!

Who would dump a Christmas Tree one month after Christmas?

Lighten up!

Had to dump the carcass of a goat (who died of head-butting with another goat) in cluster of rock and cactus in the back forty.

Buzzards picked the carcass clean in less than 48 hours.

There are scavengers who clean up our roads just as efficiently. How many Christmas Trees do you see on the side of the roads in late January?

I'd beat the shit out of someone for dumping a dead goat on my road. Your goat on your back 40 is not the same.

Top Bottom