• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you respond to seeing the gunbuster sign?

• Carry my gun into the store. I'm not breaking any laws.

Votes: 25 27.5%
    • Take my business elsewhere. If my guns are not welcome, then they don't deserve my business.

Votes: 42 46.2%
    • Respect the right of the property owner to forbid firearms if he wants to. I'll go somewhere else.

Votes: 17 18.7%
    • Store my gun and come back later. I'm annoyed, but it's not the end of the world.

Votes: 5 5.5%
    • I believe that meets the requirements of notice per 30.05, making it illegal for me to enter armed.

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    Wow I know some people here have been burned before by trolls and impostors but y’all need to calm down. If I start posting leftist propaganda feel free to start throwing tomatoes. If you want to know where I stand it’s in my first post. The laws are a mess, and we’d be better off if they just deleted basically all of chapter 30 of TPC. As it is, it’s a confusing maze of rules that leave people wondering if they’re going to inadvertently trespass and get in legal trouble while minding their own business.

I support true constitutional carry over what we have now, but every two years we inch closer and closer.

Roughly 1/3 of the responses were some variation of “**** off, you troll” and that’s disappointing. I’ve followed this forum for a long time and just wanted to join the conversation and get some honest opinions. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone else.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I want the OP's definition of a gun buster sign.....

No offense to ScottDLS.............

I think you understand why...............

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Wow I know some people here have been burned before by trolls and impostors but y’all need to calm down.

How do you know this if you joined Sept 3? OK I guess you could infer it from some of the responses. On the other hand the poll answer:

Respect the right of the property owner to forbid firearms if he wants to. I'll go somewhere else.
    seems to imply: That a property owner, who otherwise opens his property to the public, has some right to the State's assistance in regulating other people's choices that are unobservable, and have no effect on anyone else. I can put up a "no fat chicks" sign on my store, but I don't expect the cops to come to throw out a "birthing person" of size if she should ignore it and enter my store. That and the fact that owner(s) intent or desires of how people behave are irrelevant to the law. If you don't like someone in your store, tell them to leave. Or put up a sign saying NO TRESPASSING so no one can come in. Don't put a toddler's crayon drawing of a frowny face and a squirt gun and expect us to discern that it means "your entry to this property is forbidden".

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Wow I know some people here have been burned before by trolls and impostors but y’all need to calm down. If I start posting leftist propaganda feel free to start throwing tomatoes. If you want to know where I stand it’s in my first post. The laws are a mess, and we’d be better off if they just deleted basically all of chapter 30 of TPC. As it is, it’s a confusing maze of rules that leave people wondering if they’re going to inadvertently trespass and get in legal trouble while minding their own business.

I support true constitutional carry over what we have now, but every two years we inch closer and closer.

Roughly 1/3 of the responses were some variation of “**** off, you troll” and that’s disappointing. I’ve followed this forum for a long time and just wanted to join the conversation and get some honest opinions. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone else.
    I wouldn’t usually respond to a poll or question like this on a public forum. My opinion is my business and of no concern to anyone else. But, just this once I’ll comment. You need another option that states “Concealed is concealed so **** ‘em.”

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    I want the OP's definition of a gun buster sign.....

No offense to ScottDLS.............

I think you understand why...............
    What ScottDLS said.

Or any sign that doesn't meet the legal requirements for that matter. Could be words, even, but not the right ones.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    You're implying leftist anti gun hit pieces need facts or data to support them. As far as I can tell, most do not. Truth is not a left-wing value.

OK Dennis Prager, maybe you're not a left wing troll. But I still want the choice proposed above:

I don't know or care what what the little ghostbusters sticker means, nor do I give a sh!t what the "owners" want, because I might even be one of them (owners).

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    How do you know this if you joined Sept 3? OK I guess you could infer it from some of the responses.
    Like I said I've been following this forum for years (including being subscribed to the emails) and have used it often as a source for gun-related news and politics but just haven't participated before. CC this year, riots and shootings last year (this was the best source of info for a long time on that kid in Kenosha--anyone know what happened to him?), OC before that...

You do realize this is a public forum and anyone can read it whether they have an account or not, right?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Where I lose track with all these arguments about invalid signs is why the fûck am I supposed to be the gôddamned mind reader here. Proprietors are given plenty of guidance within the codes.

If they can’t follow that shît, why should I think they’re fûcking bright enough to comply with the rest of the complex regulations they’re responsible for while doing business.

I’ve changed my mind; if you’re too retarded to post a compliant sign, I’m not gonna continue to help you stay in business to feed yourself.
    I was going to reply to your first post, but then I saw this one. I don't mind if a business doesn't want to see people openly carry, but doesn't try to restrict them completely. Even if a business is ignorant of the laws, if they post signs intending to restrict guns completely, that says to me they don't want my business, and I'll comply and spend my money elsewhere. I don't support ignorance.

Glad you changed your mind.

Top Bottom