• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you respond to seeing the gunbuster sign?

• Carry my gun into the store. I'm not breaking any laws.

Votes: 25 27.5%
    • Take my business elsewhere. If my guns are not welcome, then they don't deserve my business.

Votes: 42 46.2%
    • Respect the right of the property owner to forbid firearms if he wants to. I'll go somewhere else.

Votes: 17 18.7%
    • Store my gun and come back later. I'm annoyed, but it's not the end of the world.

Votes: 5 5.5%
    • I believe that meets the requirements of notice per 30.05, making it illegal for me to enter armed.

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Grey Pilgrim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    Texas
    What are the ETHICS of opening a business to the public begging them to come in and then putting them in danger by disarming them and not providing armed security?
    Fair question. It would be a tough *legal* case to make that a business is responsible for its patrons being unarmed, but ethically I'd say they are. Same deal with government buildings and schools and such. School shootings should weigh heavily on the consciences of whoever is responsible for making them so-called "gun free zones."

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    vo7q9p_1081aa20f1e6f3c3b379cfddd4cc8dce9b25e655.gif

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Wow I know some people here have been burned before by trolls and impostors but y’all need to calm down. If I start posting leftist propaganda feel free to start throwing tomatoes. If you want to know where I stand it’s in my first post. The laws are a mess, and we’d be better off if they just deleted basically all of chapter 30 of TPC. As it is, it’s a confusing maze of rules that leave people wondering if they’re going to inadvertently trespass and get in legal trouble while minding their own business.

I support true constitutional carry over what we have now, but every two years we inch closer and closer.

Roughly 1/3 of the responses were some variation of “**** off, you troll” and that’s disappointing. I’ve followed this forum for a long time and just wanted to join the conversation and get some honest opinions. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone else.
    Look! How DARE you tell us to settle Down. The arrogance, the unmitigated gall of some unknown person daring to even THINK that their opinion and position in the world gives them the authority and enhanced position to tell US the long time members of this Forum to "settle down". I do not normally get wound up, but you sir with the temerity and disrespect, not to mention superior attitude that any of us would consider your newbie position worth deigning a serious and considered reply?

No SIr! I say Good Day SIr!

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Ever exceeded the speed limit? The state clearly specifies the maximum allowable speed. You can argue it with the judge and get it dismissed, but the fact is the state clearly defines it and leaves the burden of proof on you.

That’s not how .05/.06/.07 works.

Well, technically the burden of proof is on the state to prove that you were, in fact, exceeding the posted limit.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hell I change my mind as often as a cheerleader changes her panties.

Cheerleaders wear panties? When I was a yearbook nerd, I got to cover cheerleaders, they wore one of those unitard things and the skirt was sewn onto it. No panties peaking thru. It was a good assignment for a yearbook nerd none the less.

If liberals think it's OK to kill a baby with a heartbeat, I don't see that they have any ethical standing to complain if an object rides in my pocket and is never used to threaten anyone.

Quoted for truth!

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Look! How DARE you tell us to settle Down. The arrogance, the unmitigated gall of some unknown person daring to even THINK that their opinion and position in the world gives them the authority and enhanced position to tell US the long time members of this Forum to "settle down". I do not normally get wound up, but you sir with the temerity and disrespect, not to mention superior attitude that any of us would consider your newbie position worth deigning a serious and considered reply?

No SIr! I say Good Day SIr!
    That dog gone Williamr sure makes good posts… BUT he makes me have to drag out the BIG collegiate dictionary using all them big head-scratchin 25-cent words!

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    That dog gone Williamr sure makes good posts… BUT he makes me have to drag out the BIG collegiate dictionary using all them big head-scratchin 25-cent words!
    That my friend is the point. Anyone can bash us, but the use of words that exceed the one syllable level tend to throw the trolls back under the bridge. Thanks for your support and kind words. Know that we fight the honorable and good fight for justice and true rights of man. Yhose who oppose this will fail in the long run. Thousands of years of history support the fact that humankind rejects tyranny and oppression with the eventuality of human dignity and rights reigning supreme.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That my friend is the point. Anyone can bash us, but the use of words that exceed the one syllable level tend to throw the trolls back under the bridge. Thanks for your support and kind words. Know that we fight the honorable and good fight for justice and true rights of man. Yhose who oppose this will fail in the long run. Thousands of years of history support the fact that humankind rejects tyranny and oppression with the eventuality of human dignity and rights reigning supreme.
    Plus, it's funny when it goes right over their heads.

Top Bottom