• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Anyone else get this notice from photo bucket? Been using PB for years, now suddenly they want money. They are saying that posting photos on a forum is 3rd party hosting. Any recommendations for another free service? One that is free and allows 3rd party hosting?

Some features on your account have been disabled.

WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING
    PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING*

linking-overage.jpg

TO RESTORE YOUR 3RD PARTY HOSTED IMAGES,
    PLEASE UPGRADE TO A PLUS 500 PLAN.

ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-30_4-34-39.jpeg
      upload_2017-6-30_4-34-39.jpeg
      31.8 KB · Views: 154

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I did some checking on Photo Bucket. In order to get 3rd party hosting, I would have to upgrade to Plus 500, which is $40 per month. Sheesh, that's more than my broadband.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Every forum I am a part of has people very angry about this. I think it is 300/year to get the account that allows 3rd party linking, which is stupid.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I think when you reach a predetermined storage amount that try to get you to pay. A couple of years ago they tried with me (nothing about 3rd party though) so I switched to tinypic.com.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Over the years I've seen a lot of "free" photo hosting sites (& used several for various lengths of time), many are no longer with us. The "free" tends to catch up with them. To host "storage", costs somebody money, somewhere. And since most of them aren't non-profits (at least, intentionally) they tend to try and explore different ways to recoup their investments and turn a profit. Even if they start off by offering an honest, enticing setup for the typical user/consumer, they inevitably begin to set limits, impose requirements of one nature or another or simply start charging. Adv clicking revenue seems to not provide an adequate financial resource for most of them - it apparently has to be supplemented in some fashion.
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    To be honest I read about this happening a while ago and did nothing about it myself. Guess I'll have to sit down and migrate my library elsewhere.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Dump that POS Photoshop. They went from best to worst ever photo hosting site. I get it that they want to make some money for all of their investments, but good lord, the site is extremely slow and unresponsive and their pricing for premium service is way out of wack. I've got pictures there and just trying to delete them is a royal PITA. I've already moved on to something else, and I'll just leave the pictures there rather than trying to fight deleting them and canceling the account.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom