• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    99 actual/ "feels like" 101 probably doesn't make much of a difference. But "99F, thanks to humidity and no wind, feels like 110, because you can't even breathe" might ;)

Then say it is is 99 degrees and 90% humidity. I'm smart enough to know that means it isn't just hot, but DAYUM hot!

I'll make my point about "feels like" another way: Masturbation may FEEL LIKE vaginal sex, but it aint!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I still "write" notes, etc. (mostly to myself) while I'm working on something in the shop or garage. It's a lot of damn trouble to pull out a phone, etc. and write a note (especially if I'm wearing gloves!). :green:

Sure. I do the same.
    But they're very short. Things like Get dogfood or dentist 3:00pm or pick up Mother-in-Law from jail, etc.
    I don't write out long pages of verbiage. haven't done that since school decades ago. Nowadays students tap out everything on a keyboard and print it off.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    There once was a word - Penmanship.
    Definition: The art of handwriting; the use of the pen in writing.
    Now let us equate this to Marksmanship.
    Being that John and Jane Q. are pretty much Dumbass Central Station at Rush Hour, do you really want to have to decipher their hen scratchings? Just as we do not enjoy their firearm handling skillz.

Oh but I'm enjoying their firearm handling skillz so very much! It's a source of entertainment for me how the ones that do go to the range shoot at a static paper target literally 5 feet away and it looks like they peppered it with a shotgun from 25 yards away.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Sure. I do the same.
    But they're very short. Things like Get dogfood or dentist 3:00pm or pick up Mother-in-Law from jail, etc.
    I don't write out long pages of verbiage. haven't done that since school decades ago. Nowadays students tap out everything on a keyboard and print it off.
    Not if there using a table saw, lathe, drill press, etc. I write notes on whatever is handy; 2x4, sheetrock wall, plywood, etc.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Texas is hot in the summertime?

Who knew?

Since this whole ‘feels like’ temperature announcement is a relatively new thing for me, I’d guess we natives have to translate for all those folks from CA, OR, and WA that have chosen to relocate here.

Since my philosophy is immigration without assimilation is invasion, the weather announcers (computer models do the forecasting) seem to be aiding and abetting the invaders.

And that, I just cannot abide.

If the weather announcer wants to give something useful to help someone understand the relationship between temp, RH, and wind, then say something like “tomorrow, after noon, you can make ball soup standing in the shade”.

Although, any Texan can tell you that’s going to be the case across most of Texas pretty much ten months of the year or more. The only variable is how long it takes to make.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Since this whole ‘feels like’ temperature announcement is a relatively new thing for me, I’d guess we natives have to translate for all those folks from CA, OR, and WA that have chosen to relocate here.

Since my philosophy is immigration without assimilation is invasion, the weather announcers (computer models do the forecasting) seem to be aiding and abetting the invaders.

And that, I just cannot abide.

If the weather announcer wants to give something useful to help someone understand the relationship between temp, RH, and wind, then say something like “tomorrow, after noon, you can make ball soup standing in the shade”.

Although, any Texan can tell you that’s going to be the case across most of Texas pretty much ten months of the year or more. The only variable is how long it takes to make.

Weather announcers are useless. Pay no attention.
    I wish I could be wrong 75% of the time on my job.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Oh but I'm enjoying their firearm handling skillz so very much! It's a source of entertainment for me how the ones that do go to the range shoot at a static paper target literally 5 feet away and it looks like they peppered it with a shotgun from 25 yards away.

You shoot with Dawico?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    One of the wonderful things about our language is how it is always changing and adapting.
    When was the last time you heard 23 Skidoo or dimestore cowboy?
    I had an friendly argument with a woman a few days ago about cursive writing. I believe it is an ancient form of writing that came about due to people using quill pens and ink wells. Who does that any more except calligraphy fans? Heck, who even writes things out nowadays?
    Even during cursive heyday print media such as newspapers, books, etc where in PRINT.
    Today everything we TYPE is in print. I was taught cursive writing as a school kid. Went back to print in High School.
    Cursive is archaic. I don't hate it but naaaaaa…..I'll do print.

Been writing letters to one of my Grandaughters the last few months. She was never taught to write in cursive and has a difficult hard time reading it as well.....asked me to print my letters....nope......better communication skills can only help.....been writing more letters other family members as well instead of texts and emails....

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Number one on my list is "You know" Listening to a speaker who ends almost if not every mangled sentence with "You Know". Especially prevalent when a sportscaster is interviewing an athlete. Another is not knowing proper usage of words. There is a difference between their (possesive) and there (a place). Grrrr

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    "Feels like" temperature.

The weatherman says, "It will be 99 degrees today but will "FEEL LIKE" 111 degrees!"

I think it is further evidence of the pussification of America. It it is 99 outside, it is 99! They have whined and complained so long they feel like the have to over-inflate and exaggerate everything that happens to them!
    More like nobody cares to understand what Wet-Bulb Globe Temperature Index is anymore and has dumbed it down to "feels like" . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet-bulb_globe_temperature

Top Bottom