• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    "Me and Jim were..." etc. I go bonkers when people incorrectly use " me" instead of "I". I suppose it is more of a grammar thing, but it makes them sound like a fool.

Correlation: people who always use "I" even when "me" would have been correct. Makes them sound like halfwits with delusions of adequacy.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    grammar-nazi2_5979697_lrg.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    "Feels like" temperature.

The weatherman says, "It will be 99 degrees today but will "FEEL LIKE" 111 degrees!"

I think it is further evidence of the pussification of America. It it is 99 outside, it is 99! They have whined and complained so long they feel like the have to over-inflate and exaggerate everything that happens to them!

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    "Feels like" temperature.

The weatherman says, "It will be 99 degrees today but will "FEEL LIKE" 111 degrees!"

I think it is further evidence of the pussification of America. It it is 99 outside, it is 99! They have whined and complained so long they feel like the have to over-inflate and exaggerate everything that happens to them!

You do realize that windchill and humidity have an effect on what a given point on the temperature scale feel like, right?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sure.......but can I actually feel the difference between 99 degree actual temp and 101 heat index? Hot is freaking hot....

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    99 actual/ "feels like" 101 probably doesn't make much of a difference. But "99F, thanks to humidity and no wind, feels like 110, because you can't even breathe" might ;)

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    One of the wonderful things about our language is how it is always changing and adapting.
    When was the last time you heard 23 Skidoo or dimestore cowboy?
    I had a friendly argument with a woman a few days ago about cursive writing. I believe it is an ancient form of writing that came about due to people using quill pens and ink wells. Who does that any more except calligraphy fans? Heck, who even writes things out nowadays?
    Even during cursive heyday print media such as newspapers, books, etc where in PRINT.
    Today everything we TYPE is in print. I was taught cursive writing as a school kid. Went back to print in High School.
    Cursive is archaic. I don't hate it but naaaaaa…..I'll do print.

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I had an friendly argument with a woman a few days ago about cursive writing. I believe it is an ancient form of writing that came about due to people using quill pens and ink wells. Who does that any more except calligraphy fans? Heck, who even writes things out nowadays?
    Even during cursive heyday print media such as newspapers, books, etc where in PRINT.
    Today everything we TYPE is in print. I was taught cursive writing as a school kid. Went back to print in High School.
    Cursive is archaic. I don't hate it but naaaaaa…..I'll do print.

This is something I don't understand at all. It takes more effort to draw "printed" letters than simply writing in cursive.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    This is something I don't understand at all. It takes more effort to draw "printed" letters than simply writing in cursive.

There once was a word - Penmanship.
    Definition: The art of handwriting; the use of the pen in writing.
    Now let us equate this to Marksmanship.
    Being that John and Jane Q. are pretty much Dumbass Central Station at Rush Hour, do you really want to have to decipher their hen scratchings? Just as we do not enjoy their firearm handling skillz.

Top Bottom