• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Anyone get a Form 1 approved under ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F yet?

I'm still only at 34 days, so I am not expecting an answer soon; but I know others submitted well before I did.

Their website (last updated on 1 May 2023!) is showing the average eForm 1 turn around time is still 40 days...

I have 15 approvals.

13 from 1/24
    1 from 4/19
    1 from 5/1

I also helped a bunch of people through the process. Almost all of them have received at least one approval if not everything approved so far.

Approval times are all over the map. There are still people waiting on approvals for 1/13 submissions, and people who applied 5/25 getting approvals.
    Venture Surplus ad

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I think Mailman has, but he sent his in early. I'm at 31 days. Wonder if ATF is holding off or slow rolling processing them pending the out come of the law suits. Maybe they are trying to save money and manpower by not pursuing something that inevitably will be over turned.
    People are getting approvals in individual applications every week day. Trust approvals can happen any day of the week.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Who are SCOTUS going to report them to when they refuse or ignore SCOTUS? Lincoln had the Maryland Legislature arrested and jailed because they were about to vote for secession. SCOTUS said he had to release them. Lincoln ignored SCOTUS. Kept them locked up until the war was over. (maybe SCOTUS sent John Wilkes Booth to even the score, eh?) Our current government is being run by a pack of criminals. They are breaking the law every day. See anything changing? If voting meant anything, they wouldn't let us do it.

Secession from and dissolution of the central state is LONG overdue.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Yep, they are really good and joining in once someone else has done the legwork and looks like victory is in sight.
    I have been a life member of NRA for many years but they have slacked off during the last few years. GOA ,FPC, 2nd Amendment Foundation and others have been the frontrunners in defending our gun rights.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Secession from and dissolution of the central state is LONG overdue.
    Suppose you get your oft stated wish. Nature abhors a vacuum. What political/legal entity/entities would you like to replace it? Something more localized?
    State level govt? County level? Community? None at all?

Wave your magic wand, my friend. What picture do you paint?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Better late than never, NRA joins the battle.
    It’s less an intervention and instead pleading for the Northern District of Texas to add NRA to the list of covered parties; kind of a day late and waiting find out if they’re going end up a dollar short. NRAs own case in N. Dakota has stalled on procedural issues.

The ask is not a guarantee the judge will allow NRA to be enjoined.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    NRA was behind the curve for over 100 years, focusing on target shooting competitions and LE training.

They supported the NFA Act of 1934, the GCA of 1968, did not support CCW until the late 1980s/early 1990s, did not aggressively oppose the 1994 laws banning "assault weapons" and implement NICS checks, did not support ownership of NFA items until about 15 years ago, and so on.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

Attachments

• stalin.jpg
      stalin.jpg
      7.8 KB · Views: 36

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From NRA-ILA

The U.S. House is expected to hold a vote next week on H.J.Res.44, legislation that would overturn the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' (ATF) pistol brace rule. H.J.Res.44, sponsored by Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) and Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC), is a disapproval resolution under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) that would invalidate ATF’s brace rule and block the agency from reissuing the same rule in the future. The U.S. Senate may consider companion legislation sponsored by Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) shortly thereafter. Please contact your federal legislators today and encourage them to vote “YES” on the disapproval resolution.

I wrote the following to my US Representative and Senators. Every one has a vote.

We need your vote for H.J.Res 44 to disapprove ATFs new pistol brace rule which made millions of lawful and responsible citizens overnight felons. By passing this resolution under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) it would invalidate ATF’s brace rule and block the agency from reissuing the same rule in the future.

Attachments

• remote.jpg
      remote.jpg
      37 KB · Views: 29

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    From NRA-ILA

The U.S. House is expected to hold a vote next week on H.J.Res.44, legislation that would overturn the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' (ATF) pistol brace rule. H.J.Res.44, sponsored by Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) and Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC), is a disapproval resolution under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) that would invalidate ATF’s brace rule and block the agency from reissuing the same rule in the future. The U.S. Senate may consider companion legislation sponsored by Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) shortly thereafter. Please contact your federal legislators today and encourage them to vote “YES” on the disapproval resolution.

I wrote the following to my US Representative and Senators. Every one has a vote.

We need your vote for H.J.Res 44 to disapprove ATFs new pistol brace rule which made millions of lawful and responsible citizens overnight felons. By passing this resolution under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) it would invalidate ATF’s brace rule and block the agency from reissuing the same rule in the future.
    I have written many letters also. :)

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Suppose you get your oft stated wish. Nature abhors a vacuum. What political/legal entity/entities would you like to replace it? Something more localized?
    State level govt? County level? Community? None at all?

Wave your magic wand, my friend. What picture do you paint?

No vacuum at all.

States simply revoke their delegated authority. States, and citizens of the States, can determine from there what arrangements they chose to make.

ETA: Here is a decent collection of essays on the matter:

Amazon product ASIN 1589809572

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    The bill was always DOA. This has to be decided by SCOTUS
    Exactly. The line of thinking is to demonstrate to the courts, that those that actually do write laws disapprove of the rule instituted by an agency that does not have the power to write law and have thereby circumvented congress.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom