• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    They should just defund the ATF if possible.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Exactly. The line of thinking is to demonstrate to the courts, that those that actually do write laws disapprove of the rule instituted by an agency that does not have the power to write law and have thereby circumvented congress.

Failed law is not law. SCOTUS won’t take failed CRAs into account, even if introduced in the record as an Amicus brief citation.

Second, one purpose of the judical branch is to tell the legislative and/or executive branches they’re out on their asses as far as the Constitution is concerned.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    No vacuum at all.

States simply revoke their delegated authority. States, and citizens of the States, can determine from there what arrangements they chose to make.

ETA: Here is a decent collection of essays on the matter:

Amazon product ASIN 1589809572
    Abrogate the Constitution in States Convention by amendment...

I think the actual "Convention" need be nothing more than a final gathering to ratify, of a sufficient number of representatives, each representing their state legislatures in favor, to the number of three-forths, being 38.

Amendment to the Constitution...

Gathering in Convention, we the States do hereby abrogate this Constitution and dissolve our previous union.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Still waiting to hear if anyone has had an eForm 1 approved under ATF Final Rule 2021R08F...

I have had 15 approvals under the brace rule.

13 submitted on 1/25

Approvals on 2/28, 3/1, 3/2, 3/13, 3/16, and then seven approvals on 3/31, one on 4/28

I submitted two more on 4/19. One approval on 5/4, one went to pending research on 4/19, came out on 5/1 and was approved on 5/26.

Is this clear enough for you?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Still waiting to hear if anyone has had an eForm 1 approved under ATF Final Rule 2021R08F...
    It's a crap shoot. No rhyme or reason. Completely random. ATF advertising 40 day avg but that basically means nothing. Just like everything else NFA related, forget about it, then when the email hits your inbox you can feel special.

If you are worried about compliance, the form submission counts as "proof". You can download the pdf or print it out. Whether or not you decide to buy parts for your soon to be SBR is a whole other can of worms of possession/intent.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's a crap shoot. No rhyme or reason. Completely random. ATF advertising 40 day avg but that basically means nothing. Just like everything else NFA related, forget about it, then when the email hits your inbox you can feel special.

If you are worried about compliance, the form submission counts as "proof". You can download the pdf or print it out. Whether or not you decide to buy parts for your soon to be SBR is a whole other can of worms of possession/intent.

Not worried about compliance, I was well aware submission before 31 May sufficed for that.

Only wanted to know if anyone was actually getting approved, or the ATF was holding off on doing so given all the injunctions being filed against the ruling.

I had to register my pistol for a myriad of reasons, and am looking forward to the day I can pull the SBA3 Brace (which I'm not a fan of) and replace it with a Magpul CTR (which I will go out and buy as soon as I get notification, as otherwise it could be interpreted as "constructive possession!" :eek: :eek: :eek: ).

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From NRA-ILA

The U.S. House is expected to hold a vote next week on H.J.Res.44, legislation that would overturn the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' (ATF) pistol brace rule. H.J.Res.44, sponsored by Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) and Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC), is a disapproval resolution under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) that would invalidate ATF’s brace rule and block the agency from reissuing the same rule in the future. The U.S. Senate may consider companion legislation sponsored by Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) shortly thereafter. Please contact your federal legislators today and encourage them to vote “YES” on the disapproval resolution.

I wrote the following to my US Representative and Senators. Every one has a vote.

We need your vote for H.J.Res 44 to disapprove ATFs new pistol brace rule which made millions of lawful and responsible citizens overnight felons. By passing this resolution under the Congressional Review Act (CRA) it would invalidate ATF’s brace rule and block the agency from reissuing the same rule in the future.
    House passed the resolution but Biden says he will veto. No surprise but one has compete to win in the end. Think 2024.

Reactions: gll

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I had to register my pistol for a myriad of reasons, and am looking forward to the day I can pull the SBA3 Brace (which I'm not a fan of) and replace it with a Magpul CTR (which I will go out and buy as soon as I get notification, as otherwise it could be interpreted as "constructive possession!" :eek: :eek: :eek: ).
    That's the plan for my 2 AR pistols too. The PC charger is a different story tho. I like the brace on it because it folds. Can't locate a stock for it that folds.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The forced vote on the resolution was more about flushing out Rhinos and anti gunners in the Republican party.
    It doesn't even do that unfortunately. They can make empty political virtue signals and when they actually have the ability to do something they'll say it's no longer a priority. Just like Obummercare.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    That's the plan for my 2 AR pistols too. The PC charger is a different story tho. I like the brace on it because it folds. Can't locate a stock for it that folds.

I looked for folding stocks as I have folding braces on a 10/22 Charger and a PC Charger. What I found was that you're looking at $250 or more for a decent folding 1913 stock.

I just ordered devoid plugs for the braces. They give more surface area and work quite well.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Veteran and member of the House of Representatives Wesley Hunt absolutely roasts anti 2nd arguments during debate over "Brace Rule". His comments were something to hear. This video shows clips of that speech.

His vote and passion are in the right place. But the House Resolution won't go anywhere in Senate and Biden has already promised to veto it. 2024 is the year when elections count. Rep Hunt was elected to one of two new US congressional seats in Congress following the 2020 census.

Attachments

• hunt.jpg
      hunt.jpg
      5.7 KB · Views: 35
    • 38.jpg
      38.jpg
      200.1 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom