• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Tomorrow is 137 days and I just checked. Still shows Submitted in process. Others who filed around the same date have already got their approval, some multiple approvals.

I wish I knew how they process these things. I know it's not alphabetical or chronologically and I know it's not background related.

I wish I'd just get an answer cause honestly I would have paid the full price and I also need a suppressor to finish the package on my Ap5. Waiting on that till this is done. It will probably be next years Xmas or anniversary gift.

Maybe I should send a gift basket to our hard working ATF folks? Seriously it's gotta be monotonous laborious droning kinda work.

Form 1 or 4? Hardcopy or electronic filing?

I sympathize, as I am almost at three times the "average" processing time being advertised for my eForm 1.

There simply isn't an excuse for this given it was the ATF's reversal that caused all this to happen.

They'll claim the background checks are backlogged at the FBI.

That's BS as a NICS check can be done in minutes and isn't even required for a license holder.

I believe after 60 days, these should be automatic approvals and let the ATF figure out how to operate more efficiently or to quit changing its mind as to what is a stock versus a brace!

To be honest, I actually understand that these braces were used as stocks for a decade. But it doesn't really matter a hill of beans what is on the non-business end of a AR!

The two items as so similar the ATF should have ruled those with braces can replace them with a stock.

As I said, it's time to put the ball in the hands of our elected representatives!
    Gun Zone Deals

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    They're supposed to send everyone a "welcome packet". Includes a little swag. They sent out an email apologizing and saying it'll come eventually. Not a big deal but time will tell.

honestly after following them on twitter I dont even care, they are so badass and awesome. They are the gun rights legal advocates we really NEED. As much as I love GOA I love FPC more.

Literally FPC Tweets "No **** you" to democrat politicians when they post gun control legislation tweets.

Screenshot from 2023-09-21 16-42-40.png

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here's a question, what will I have to engrave on my new SBR if/when my eForm 1 gets approved?

Per this, as the "maker" all I see I have to add is my name and location (city and state) as listd on my approved form.

Also, "the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch"

Any suggestions on the best place to ad this info? I'd like it as inconspicuously as possible, but remaining legal.

Also, what's the usual rate for someone to do this? I'm seeing ~$50 from random places online...

Lastly, am I presuming correctly that information stays even when the SBR is transferred? The maker doesn't change.

It's seems straightforward, which is what worries me!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think that it would be good if we had a forum for the FPC like we have for the GOA, SAF and etc.
    I forwarded the suggestion but I don't wholly support it. That subforum gets so little traffic that a new section is most likely to be a waste of effort. I know I pushed for the creation of those areas and to see them used so little has been rather disappointing.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Here's a question, what will I have to engrave on my new SBR if/when my eForm 1 gets approved?

Per this, as the "maker" all I see I have to add is my name and location (city and state) as listd on my approved form.

Also, "the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch"

Any suggestions on the best place to ad this info? I'd like it as inconspicuously as possible, but remaining legal.

Also, what's the usual rate for someone to do this? I'm seeing ~$50 from random places online...

Lastly, am I presuming correctly that information stays even when the SBR is transferred? The maker doesn't change.

It's seems straightforward, which is what worries me!
    If you registered under the brace rule you do not need to engrave. The existing engraving on the frame is adopted.

From the FAQ:

Once the firearm is registered, am I required to mark the firearm since I manufactured a short-barreled rifle (SBR)?

If the SBR equipped with a “stabilizing brace” is registered by May 31, 2023, the possessor is allowed to adopt the markings on the firearm. The maker’s marking exception is only applicable to firearms that are registered pursuant to the final rule. If the firearm is a personally made firearm, the possessor must mark in accordance with 27 CFR 478.92 & 479.102 prior to submitting the E-Form 1.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    146 days today...and still crickets!

My concern is if there isn't a budget passed by this Friday, and no continuing resolution, there will be a government shutdown on 1 Oct.
    Federal agencies will stop all actions deemed "non-essential," and millions of federal employees, including members of the military, won’t receive paychecks.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice Contingency Plan for Fiscal Year 2019, only the following operations within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) continued operating with the lapse in appropriations:
    • All agents in ATF field divisions who conduct criminal investigations in firearms, arson, explosives, alcohol and tobacco programs;
    • Industry Operations Investigators (IOIs) who conduct compliance inspections of Federal Firearms and Federal Explosives Licensees as well as application inspections; and
    • Personnel who collect, review and analyze intelligence data in support of criminal investigations.
    Headquarters support (Washington, DC and Martinsburg, WVA) will be maintained only to the extend necessary to support excepted operations, including approvals necessary to support law enforcement and the U.S. military. In addition, the Director of ATF is not subject to furlough because the Director is a Presidential Appointee.

That last government shutdown in late 2018 to early 2019 lasted 35 days, the longest in US history (out of 21 shutdowns)

So the same bureaucrats who have sat on my application for nearly three times longer than it should have will get a paid vacation while I wait even longer! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

My concern is if there isn't a budget passed by this Friday, and no continuing resolution, there will be a government shutdown on 1 Oct.
    Federal agencies will stop all actions deemed "non-essential," and millions of federal employees, including members of the military, won’t receive paychecks.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice Contingency Plan for Fiscal Year 2019, only the following operations within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) continued operating with the lapse in appropriations:
    • All agents in ATF field divisions who conduct criminal investigations in firearms, arson, explosives, alcohol and tobacco programs;
    • Industry Operations Investigators (IOIs) who conduct compliance inspections of Federal Firearms and Federal Explosives Licensees as well as application inspections; and
    • Personnel who collect, review and analyze intelligence data in support of criminal investigations.
    Headquarters support (Washington, DC and Martinsburg, WVA) will be maintained only to the extend necessary to support excepted operations, including approvals necessary to support law enforcement and the U.S. military. In addition, the Director of ATF is not subject to furlough because the Director is a Presidential Appointee.

That last government shutdown in late 2018 to early 2019 lasted 35 days, the longest in US history (out of 21 shutdowns)

So the same bureaucrats who have sat on my application for nearly three times longer than it should have will get a paid vacation while I wait even longer! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Play with snakes and you’re gonna get bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

If only there was an amendment documenting the natural rights that preceeded the constitution of the States.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

The District court has less than 4 days to rule on this. I bet they rule Friday afternoon 3 minutes before close of business.

Top Bottom