• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I’m not the one that apparently registered a legal AR pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was a free Form 1, and at the time no one expected it to take this long (148 days today).

And an AR with a brace is no longer "legal" unless/until the courts overrule the ATF ruling.

I'll take my free SBR so I don't have to worry about it anymore!

Plus, truth be told, the brace is a stock when shouldered. The ATF screwed up with their initial ruling and subsequent reversal.
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And I got another canned response to my email last night...

Your background is in a delayed status with the FBI. ATF does not conduct checks. Once the FBI clears the issue with your background we can proceed with your application. We cannot move forward without a proceed status from the FBI.

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    Submitted form 1 for my first SBR build on Aug 16, got approved on Sep 5. Kinda shocked it went that fast.
    I still hate I had to pay them 200 for this crap and I went through silencer shop so that was also probably a waste but since i did two form 4s there i figured why not. Don't think i'll get the forms 4 back while I still have hair on my head though. If the form 1s are taking this "fast" why are the form 4s SO SLOW? Are there one billion people out there buying suppressors?

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    It was a free Form 1, and at the time no one expected it to take this long (148 days today).

And an AR with a brace is no longer "legal" unless/until the courts overrule the ATF ruling.

Plus, truth be told, the brace is a stock when shouldered. The ATF screwed up with their initial ruling and subsequent reversal.

How ironic you tell me to fear the government…….yet you give up a bit of your freedom for a free opportunity to register your gun with the federal government.

Surely you can see the irony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It was not free. It cost you the chance to tell them that you won't comply with their unconstitutional bullshit.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well say what you want, I can now continue with my original plN for my grail gun Ap5/ Mp5 and get the adjustable stock and suppressor. I would have sbr'd it anyways to get the stock I want. Now I get the suppressor and save 200 bucks.

It's a wash if the ruling g expected Friday shoots down the brace rule and I already have my digital prints on file which would have cost me 50 bucks and all the accounts set up to proceed.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Straight to jail.
    aa1.gif

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It's now been over 180 days since I didn't apply for the "free" stamp.

If I shoulder an AP pistol using the buffer tube, it that considered a stock?

That question is no longer valid and, pending the outcome of litigation, is unanswerable in the current state b

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    @Mike from Texas

That thread has 1755 posts. Is there on in particular you’d like me to read?

I’m aware of the unconstitutional pistol brace “rule”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well say what you want, I can now continue with my original plN for my grail gun Ap5/ Mp5 and get the adjustable stock and suppressor. I would have sbr'd it anyways to get the stock I want. Now I get the suppressor and save 200 bucks.

It's a wash if the ruling g expected Friday shoots down the brace rule and I already have my digital prints on file which would have cost me 50 bucks and all the accounts set up to proceed.
    You're missing the point. Win or lose, they now know how many people would comply with their blatantly unconstitutional BS. By complying, you're encouraging them to do it again in the future. Luckily, most didn't feel that complying in exchange for saving $200 was worth it.

Top Bottom