• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So what. They shouldn't be able to change the rules and go back on their word….
    Laws, rules, and regulations (and the legal interps of them) change all the time. Sometimes more loosely, other time more restrictively.

The real beef with this particular rule should be that both the content and manner in which ATF promulgated the final rule violated law. When any government violates the law in thru the exercise of power, that’s the deepest breach of the social contract that can occur.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I am not without sin but maybe this thread needs a mascot. Gentlemen, for your consideration....

1696046114768.png

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Laws, rules, and regulations (and the legal interps of them) change all the time. Sometimes more loosely, other time more restrictively.

The real beef with this particular rule should be that both the content and manner in which ATF promulgated the final rule violated law. When any government violates the law in thru the exercise of power, that’s the deepest breach of the social contract that can occur.
    Governing bodies do not get to be wishy-washy about their rules. Its not a law, just how they have decided to interpret the laws hence the Rule of Lenity applies.

There is a reason folks seek to get written documentation that an item is not a NFA item from the ATF. Its a form of protection.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

A congress made up of elected representatives passes laws and an elected president signs them into law. The ATF can not make a law that if violated can send charge a person with imprisonment.

So to see how far we've gotten off track.

The congess is bought and paid for to the highest bidder and definitely not acting out the will of the people within the confines of the Constitution, but rather imposing the will of their own elite ruling class

The presidential election was stolen and we have a rogue executive branch with massive foreign interference

And a highly questionable government agency is writing laws with the power to imprison.

We're pretty f'd here if anyone is looking at this from 30,000 feet and not just ground level.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So what. They shouldn't be able to change the rules and go back on their word.

Braces are not stocks the ATF said so when specifically asked, even if they are shouldered the ATF said it wasnt a stock.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

The government has a long history of changing its mind, from who should be allowed to vote to making liquor illegal...

I know what the ATF said, but just because they were wrong doesn't make it right!

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    The government has a long history of changing its mind, from who should be allowed to vote to making liquor illegal...

I know what the ATF said, but just because they were wrong doesn't make it right!

And the ATF doesn’t get to make law punishable by imprisonment.

That’s Congress’s job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    A congress made up of elected representatives passes laws and an elected president signs them into law. The ATF can not make a law that if violated can send charge a person with imprisonment.

So to see how far we've gotten off track.

The congess is bought and paid for to the highest bidder and definitely not acting out the will of the people within the confines of the Constitution, but rather imposing the will of their own elite ruling class

The presidential election was stolen and we have a rogue executive branch with massive foreign interference

And a highly questionable government agency is writing laws with the power to imprison.

We're pretty f'd here if anyone is looking at this from 30,000 feet and not just ground level.

It is well past time for the central state to be dissolved.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And the ATF doesn’t get to make law punishable by imprisonment.

That’s Congress’s job.

The law already exists, as unconstitutional as it is...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not a nationwide injunction per se, but a pretty broad injunction none the less.

Accordingly, the Court ORDERS that the Government Defendants—the Attorney General of the United States; the United States Department of Justice; the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives—and each of their respective officers, agents, servants, and employees—are hereby:

1) ENJOINED from implementing and/or enforcing against the Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc. and all of its members the provisions in 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.11 and 479.11 that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has determined are unlawful;

2) ENJOINED from implementing and/or enforcing against Maxim Defense Industries, LLC and any downstream customers of Maxim Defense Industries, LLC (including all direct consumer purchasers and all intermediary distributors, dealers,retailers, and OEM purchasers of Maxim Defense products, and any of their respective customers) the provisions in 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.11 and 479.11 that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has determined are unlawful;

3) ENJOINED from implementing and/or enforcing against William T. Mock and any of his family members the provisions in 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.11 and 479.11 that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has determined are unlawful; and

4) ENJOINED from implementing and/or enforcing against Christopher Lewis and any of his family members the provisions in 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.11 and 479.11 that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has determined are unlawful.

Full order: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/66774568/92/mock-v-garland/

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    154 days today, if anyone besides me still cares...

I've had enough of this shit and I don't care about "poking the bear," I sent emails to Sens. Gonzales and Cruz with the details of my application and background.

A friend went through Gonzales' office for his delayed approvals on a couple of NFA items, and they talked with the ATF office who, like in my case, said it was "stuck at FBI background checks and they had no influence on it."

However, he got his two stamps approved about a week later.

Could've just been a coincidence, but you never know!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    If you are a Maxim downstream customer, you are included

" the Court’s injunction extends to enjoin enforcement of the Final Rule against Maxim Defense Industries, LLC and all of its downstream customers whose interests it has represented since day one of this litigation."

Top Bottom