• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Serious question

Assume a person who was a member of FPC was to head out on a multi state (all 2A friendly) trip

If he owed a braced pistol, say maybe a Diamondback 9mm, that would be great road protection, it's seemingly safe to take it out of the safe and carry it again..I mean assuming he had one. Right?

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Serious question
    I'm headed out on a multi state (all 2A friendly) trip

If I owed a braced pistol, say maybe a Diamondback 9mm, that would be great road protection, it's seemingly safe to take it out of the safe and carry it again..I mean assuming I had one. Right?
    Personally I wouldn't. You have heard the old saying "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."

With FJB failed register you Braced/SBR for free, to travel with NFA out of state you need BATFE blessing in writing to be legal.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Serious question
    I'm headed out on a multi state (all 2A friendly) trip

If I owed a braced pistol, say maybe a Diamondback 9mm, that would be great road protection, it's seemingly safe to take it out of the safe and carry it again..I mean assuming I had one. Right?
    On the assumption that an individual citizen were to have one of those items, and, were a member of FPC, yes, that individual, should be "legal"in the eyes of the court.

In my own backyard, I wouldn't hesitate. The middle of Arkansas on a long weekend, I'm not even going to attempt.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Serious question

Assume a person who was a member of FPC was to head out on a multi state (all 2A friendly) trip

If he owed a braced pistol, say maybe a Diamondback 9mm, that would be great road protection, it's seemingly safe to take it out of the safe and carry it again..I mean assuming he had one. Right?

Are you counting on every LEO to be intimately familiar with the TRO?

With a hard copy, current FPC membership card and a copy of the TRO, you can likely get a federal judge to dismiss any charges, but keep in mind the TRO isn’t enforceable against state or local prosecutions if there’s state or local laws pertinent to the weapon in question.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If a person has one..it's sounds like it's best to just leave it in the safe and use at their private gun range. If this person who has one also has a private gun range.
    This is all hypothetical mind you

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Serious question

How did you connect a brace to a Diamondback 9mm?

1696985211872.png

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    How did you connect a brace to a Diamondback 9mm?

View attachment 409777

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Yep

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Think of all the people who had a pre ban brace that did not register their's due to a water craft incident, that found their brace due to the drought here in Texas alone. As of Oct. 4th Lake Limestone is 3.81 feet below pool.

Upon news of the Brace Lawsuit these same people felt that joining FCP was worthy of $30.00, because they did more the the Blue Suits of the NRA.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Think of all the people who had a pre ban brace that did not register their's due to a water craft incident, that found their brace due to the drought here in Texas alone. As of Oct. 4th Lake Limestone is 3.81 feet below pool.

Upon news of the Brace Lawsuit these same people felt that joining FCP was worthy of $30.00, because they did more the the Blue Suits of the NRA.
    Think of all the people who never registered theirs, that never took theirs off, that were already FPC members, and never worried about it.

JayeMechanico

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    Last weekend I was at a particular range in Central Texas doing some sighting in and distance shooting. This range has a rule in place, AR style pistols are not allowed on the range Unless they have both a stabilizing brace of some sort and an optic of some sort. Pistols with straight buffers only and or no optics are not allowed. Good rule IMO

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Last weekend I was at a particular range in Central Texas doing some sighting in and distance shooting. This range has a rule in place, AR style pistols are not allowed on the range Unless they have both a stabilizing brace of some sort and an optic of some sort. Pistols with straight buffers only and or no optics are not allowed. Good rule IMO
    I thing the judge in the ruling would agree with that.

Top Bottom