Montgomery, TX
    160 days, not including today...

a.k.a...
    • 13,824,000 seconds
    • 230,400 minutes
    • 3840 hours
    • 22 weeks and 6 days
    • 43.84% of 2023
    The ATF is still advertising an average of 45 days for an eForm 1 approval!

Just waiting on an update from Sen Gonzales' office!
    @majormadmax We haven't had an update in a while. Did you ever receive your government permission slip?

voland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2023
    Plano/Frisco
    until SCOTUS rules on this.....
    I think the atf was good with leaving it in an ambiguous state where only the 5th circuit was offered protection. Now that there is a full stay, they might as well roll the dice and appeal. They already lost, now they have a chance to roll the dice again.

platoon2063

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    waco
    Considering that there are only approx. 3500 AFT agents/investigators employed currently. The chances of one of them showing up at your range and threatening to arrest you for using a pistol brace is rather slim.
    In fact, I see multiple uses of those devices every weekend at the two ranges I frequent the most. Of course, I have no idea if those shooters have registered those devices are not. I personally, will never register mine. I also have not fired it in over a year. With this news however, I may make a Veteran's Day exception this weekend.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Considering that there are only approx. 3500 AFT agents/investigators employed currently. The chances of one of them showing up at your range and threatening to arrest you for using a pistol brace is rather slim.
    In fact, I see multiple uses of those devices every weekend at the two ranges I frequent the most. Of course, I have no idea if those shooters have registered those devices are not. I personally, will never register mine. I also have not fired it in over a year. With this news however, I may make a Veteran's Day exception this weekend.

The issue is using it to defend oneself.
    Not so much range use.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    Just saw that about the injunction. TEMPORARY.
    It is temporary until a higher court addresses it. Just an FYI in the past higher courts have "refused" to address the issue, which then kicks it back down. At that point the Judges ruling becomes the law.

Yep, its all one big mess. We can always hope though.

Top Bottom