• ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Child, please!!

I have seen what some cops have written down as assaults. He touched me, ouch. Complete BS! So you want to put to death someone that spit on you? I have seen that as an assault charge, bet you LEO have also. All this about it a dangerous job (look at the stats, it's only very slightly above average), if they shoot a cop, is just more of the blabbering they want to believe and use to place themselves above the rest of us.

As I said before, in American we should all be treated the same! I don't care who you are, someone probably cares for you and would morn if you get killed. Don't make it that one life is worth more than any other. It's selfish and egotistical to think that way.

This is not a cop bashing post, and I don't want this thread to go there, but get off your high horses. You are all citizens just like the rest of us. You need to act like that. We as a citizenry place a lot of trust in you and your duties, you accepted a lot of privileges when you took the job, and the responsibility don't go complaining now. (Please don't get me started on "Professional Courtesy" and other forms of accepted police corruption.)

Any of you guys recognize this??

View attachment 6719

We are equal in the eyes of our maker, and we must strive to eliminate prejudice in all it's forms. Whether or not you think so, peace officers are just people like the rest of us, and should be treated as such.

pencil.png
    My friend, you can agree or disagree on making attetmpted murder of an LEO a capital offense, but (based on the above comments) it is obvious you have zero knowledge of the Law Enforcement profession.
    Lynx Defense

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Society's greatest protection isnt worth crap if your dead. Prosecution isnt protection.
    Murder is murder no matter who gets killed.
    I'll be real honest and say it upsets me more when a child is killed. When the defenseless becomes victimized the assailant should suffer the worst fate. If left up to me, pain and torture would be applied till death.
    So a child's life or an elderly person's life IS worth more? It seems the contradictions abound.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So a child's life or an elderly person's life IS worth more? It seems the contradictions abound.

That's a sense of fairplay. I personally have trouble with with people who do bad things to children. I've never been able to stomach the (much) stronger preying on the weaker. And that's about as extreme as that scenario can get.

... but I don't think it should be codified into law.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I dont' think that a bad guy going after a cop makes him worse. Rather, I think it emphesizes the valor of the men and women who carry badges. A criminal who tries to kill a cop is not worse, merely stupid enough to go after people carrying guns.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I think that those that would prey on police show that they are not afraid to attack anyone. In doing so that they are the most extreme predators. The worst of the worst and an extreme danger to society.
    I have never intepreted it as valuing one life more than another.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I think that those that would prey on police show that they are not afraid to attack anyone. In doing so that they are the most extreme predators. The worst of the worst and an extreme danger to society.
    DAMN GOOD explanation TC!!!!!!!! finally stated how some here feel why "EXTRA" laws are possibly needed!!

thehemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Texas

Exactly right. It's not about their lives being any more or less valuable.

Maybe the vehicle they've pulled over in the middle of the night is full of thugs with 45s? Maybe the door they're breaking down is to a drug house guarded by gang members with AK47s? LEOs are the highest threat to a criminal, AND they intentionally have to face them; for that reason I think their POSITIONS, not their LIVES, do deserve a higher level of protection.

If someone wants to think I'm being Liberal, they don't know me very well. ;)

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Read my post again. Did I say it was?
    Do you read the penal code and define it in the same manner you read my post?
    Sorry dude, you simply can not determine the value of life depending upon a persons job, age, race, or religion.
    My personal opinion toward those who victimize the defenseless wont change no matter who doesnt agree.
    Cops are not restricted from carrying firearms or place that they can carry them. It sucks when cops get killed in the line of duty but I dont think it sucks anymore than defenseless people getting killed while simply going shopping.
    The only life that is worthless is the life of a criminal who commits criminal acts against others.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Well stated Sir.

While I don't think levels of punishment are needed for the criminal, I do believe STRONGLY in allowing cops more freedom to use deadly force at their discretion. I know that stirs up a firestorm among the tinfoil hat people, but any criminal that even brandishes a gun towards an officer of the law should be a dead criminal if you ask me.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I do believe STRONGLY in allowing cops more freedom to use deadly force at their discretion. I know that stirs up a firestorm among the tinfoil hat people, but any criminal that even brandishes a gun towards an officer of the law should be a dead criminal if you ask me.
    Can I get an AMEN!! for the church of ZEMBO?? Yes sirree they should have MUCH more freedom to EXTERMINATE those worthless rodents!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think there are two ways of looking at this:

The first is valuation of life. My life is worth only the punishment someone receives as a result of ending it. There really is no punishment that will fix the fact that I am dead. My personal opinion on murder is that you yourself, should be killed in the same manner, regardless of whom you killed.

The second is categorizing the degree of danger the criminal poses to society. This is the basis for most of our laws, that's why race, alcohol, status of the victim, etc. all play into how sentence is brought down. Someone that would shoot an armed cop pretty much has absolutely no limits as to whom they would kill next. That represents a pretty clear and present danger to society.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Scenario:

Your wife gets mugged by two thugs. Thug A shoots her and flees. After several minutes of excruciating pain, she dies. A cop sees this and pursues them. Thug B shoots and minorly wounds the cop. Both thugs are later caught at the same time.

Thug A goes to trial and gets life in prison. Thug B goes to trial and gets the death penalty. When asked by the press why the discrepancy between the two sentences, the Judge who handed both down replies, "Police need special protections normal citizens do not."

I hope no one gets into a heated debate over this scenario (we have enough of that already). It may help everyone here to consider this on a personal level, however.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Problems:
    1. A judge would never say that.
    2. Texas works under the "law of parties". If you are a party to the crime, you committed the crime.
    3. Your scenario is one "criminal episode". They are both guilty of Capital Murder AND Attempted Murder.
    4. In Texas, the mere fact that they murdered your wife while commiting a robbery makes it a capital murder for both parties.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Problems:
    1. A judge would never say that.
    2. Texas works under the "law of parties". If you are a party to the crime, you committed the crime.
    3. Your scenario is one "criminal episode". They are both guilty of Capital Murder AND Attempted Murder.
    4. In Texas, the mere fact that they murdered your wife while commiting a robbery makes it a capital murder for both parties.

This.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Well, the sentiment was there, at least.

Regarding special laws protecting the police- Cops do have a high risk job, but they also know the risks when they take the job. People who try to kill them (outside of the extremely rare self-defense scenario) should be executed, the same as any person trying to murder an innocent person.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Well stated Sir.

While I don't think levels of punishment are needed for the criminal, I do believe STRONGLY in allowing cops more freedom to use deadly force at their discretion. I know that stirs up a firestorm among the tinfoil hat people, but any criminal that even brandishes a gun towards an officer of the law should be a dead criminal if you ask me.

i agree sortof.

replace "officer of the law" and "cops" with "you" and "me" and youve got a winner.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Well stated Sir.

While I don't think levels of punishment are needed for the criminal, I do believe STRONGLY in allowing you and I more freedom to use deadly force at their discretion. I know that stirs up a firestorm among the tinfoil hat people, but any criminal that even brandishes a gun towards another human being should be a dead criminal if you ask me.

kinda like this.

Top Bottom