• MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    kinda like this.

The only problem with brandishing a gun toward another human being , is how do you know their a criminal?
    Violent criminals should be dead no dought, but this needs a lot more than shooting someone simply because they brandish a gun.

For further reference, consult the Arizona Penal code. They have perfected all these laws. HeHeHaHa.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The only problem with brandishing a gun toward another human being , is how do you know their a criminal?
    Violent criminals should be dead no dought, but this needs a lot more than shooting someone simply because they brandish a gun.

For further reference, consult the Arizona Penal code. They have perfected all these laws. HeHeHaHa.

If someone "brandishes a gun towards" you, In Texas, you should shoot him, and you would get no-billed.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Arizona law now allows a person to brandish a weapon to deter crime.
    Brandishing is a two sided subject. Having your hand on your weapon ready to draw isnt against the law in Arizona either.
    In Texas if deadly force is justified, the threat of deadly force is justified.

But to clarify, are you telling me that in AZ if a kid is stealing a pack of gum you can draw and point your gun at him?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What if your the one doing the brandishing? I have had several POS's looking down the barrel of a shotgun. Anyone other than the arresting cop pulls a gun will get their ass shot.
    You can legally use deadly force to stop unlawful deadly force. If you're lawfully pointing a gun at someone, then they can't lawfully use deadly force against you in response to your gun pointing.

See what I mean.....
    No. I'm not a criminal, so if anyone brandishes a gun towards me I will shoot them. Simple.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    So let me repeat my question....if a kid is stealing a pack of gun in Arizona are you saying that it is legal to point a gun at them?

Don't know about AZ, but it is in Texas.

Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
    (b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
    (1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
    (2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 9.04. THREATS AS JUSTIFIABLE FORCE. The threat of force is justified when the use of force is justified by this chapter. For purposes of this section, a threat to cause death or serious bodily injury by the production of a weapon or otherwise, as long as the actor's purpose is limited to creating an apprehension that he will use deadly force if necessary, does not constitute the use of deadly force.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    So let me repeat my question....if a kid is stealing a pack of gum in Arizona are you saying that it is legal to point a gun at them?

I dont think about such crap. Someone would have to be a complete POS to shoot a kid over something not life threatening. I almost shot a kid one time for trying to steal parts out of the back of my truck in the middle of the night. As soon as I noticed the theif was a 12 year old child everything changed. I held the kid there untill the cops showed up. Then we found out his step dad made him do it. I got my statisfaction when his step dad came to pick the boy up!!!
    The only person around here that I ever known of who shot a child was a cop. The kid didnt have any weapons either. That was several year ago. Althow I do remember a story from a couple of years ago when a homeowner shot a 18 year old punk in the ass with a 45 for breaking into his SUV. That was pretty funny. People got a good laugh out of that for quite a while.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I agree Texas use of force laws are great. The only probelm we have is the laws againts the tools of the trade. Arizona has some laws that I think would compliment the Texas use of force laws in the most positive way.

I agree.

Although if I had to choose a system, I'd take TX.

Top Bottom