Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Killeen
    Police fear 'war on cops'

By Jim Gold

msnbc.com

updated 1/24/2011 8:33:37 PM ET

A spate of shooting attacks on law enforcement officers has authorities concerned about a war on cops.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 officers were shot.

The shootings included Sunday attacks at traffic stops in Indiana and Oregon, a Detroit police station shooting that wounded four officers, and a shootout at a Port Orchard, Wash., Wal-Mart that injured two deputies.

On Monday morning, two officers were shot dead and a U.S. Marshal was wounded by a gunman in St. Petersburg, Fla.

On Thursday, two Miami-Dade, Fla., detectives were killed by a murder suspect they were trying to arrest.
    Texas SOT

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    The war needs to be against Liberals... not cops.

We need to keep voting them out of power in droves. Once they have no political power, we can outlaw them and send them all to India on a one way plane ticket with 20 dollars and no ID.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

I think punishment should change. ALL attempts to kill a LEO should be a capital offense. Might slow some of these trigger happy idiots down.

HELL NO, I believe that all are equal in this country, and should be treated as such.

Need to remove any law that favors one group, color, race, religion, sexuality, economic status, job, elected office, etc. over any others. This is America! Please no more laws that try to set some apart from others.

Don't believe like a liberal, that if something bad happens you can legislate against it happening again and it will help. The criminals will do whatever they want to regardless of the laws, that is why they are criminals.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The war needs to be against Liberals... not cops.

We need to keep voting them out of power in droves. Once they have no political power, we can outlaw them and send them all to India on a one way plane ticket with 20 dollars and no ID.
    Send them to Mexico. See if they like having millions of scumbags invading their country.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    HELL NO, I believe that all are equal in this country, and should be treated as such.

Need to remove any law that favors one group, color, race, religion, sexuality, economic status, job, elected office, etc. over any others. This is America! Please no more laws that try to set some apart from others.

Don't believe like a liberal, that if something bad happens you can legislate against it happening again and it will help. The criminals will do whatever they want to regardless of the laws, that is why they are criminals.

Amen!!! Stop legislating for heaven's sake.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Spoken like a true American!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think punishment should change. ALL attempts to kill a LEO should be a capital offense. Might slow some of these trigger happy idiots down.

They are already committing a capital offense ... murder. When you shoot a cop, whom is simply doing their job, you cease to care about any ramifications beyond your immediate actions. You could change the punishment to being thrown into a running woodchipper and people would still do stupid things.

We need a smoother and better relationship with law enforcement. All these things do is distance us from them, and that paranoia is what fuels alot of the mentality.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I agree fully and add "Punishable by death" Immediately!!!!!!!!!!!! you shoot at a Cop and even miss... sorry electric chair here comes another SCUMBAG!! the only reason those thugs dont really have any regard for our laws, is cause our Punishments HAVE BEEN WEAKENED BY LIBERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I agree fully and add "Punishable by death" Immediately!!!!!!!!!!!! you shoot at a Cop and even miss... sorry electric chair here comes another SCUMBAG!! the only reason those thugs dont really have any regard for our laws, is cause our Punishments HAVE BEEN WEAKENED BY LIBERALS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I meant. If a douchebag will take a shot at a cop then they NEED to be treated differently because they will NOT hesitate due to the potential punishment when they look toward my wife/daughter/GF.
    I'm not talking about the Liberal outlook of legislating EVERYTHING. I don't think there is anyone o this board that thinks there shouldn't be SOME legislation. Some scumbags need their asses kicked HARD AND REPEATEDLY.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    That's what I meant. If a douchebag will take a shot at a cop then they NEED to be treated differently because they will NOT hesitate due to the potential punishment when they look toward my wife/daughter/GF.
    I'm not talking about the Liberal outlook of legislating EVERYTHING. I don't think there is anyone o this board that thinks there shouldn't be SOME legislation. Some scumbags need their asses kicked HARD AND REPEATEDLY.
    i concur

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

So why not apply the idea equally across the board and make it a capital offense to shoot at anybody? Because if a scumbag shoots at your wife and kids, it shows they won't hesitate to do the same to a cop.

Some murders are not more specialer than others.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    So why not apply the idea equally across the board and make it a capital offense to shoot at anybody? Because if a scumbag shoots at your wife and kids, it shows they won't hesitate to do the same to a cop.

Some murders are not more specialer than others.
    I agree. As a former LEO from a state where the law made it an automatic death penalty for killing a LEO I can say; what makes killing a cop who's simply doing their job any different than killing a housewife who's simply doing her job? To me this demonstrates our leadership's attitude that the surfs aren't as important as the lords.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    When criminals kill or attempt to kill a cop, that is something people understand when they take the job.
    When criminals kill or attempt to kill honest civilians, the issue changes.
    I see no reason why the punishment for killing a cop should be any different than the punishment for killing the honest public. The value of life is not determined by lifes position.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I disagree with the notion of a crime being "better or worse" depending on who is the target. I also disagree with the many "hate crime" laws that make it a more severe offense if a gay person or person of a certain race gets targeted instead of my wife or child.

BULLSHIT.

Crime is crime. We should offer up serious punishment (including death) for those who choose to perpetrate them.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I disagree with the notion of a crime being "better or worse" depending on who is the target. I also disagree with the many "hate crime" laws that make it a more severe offense if a gay person or person of a certain race gets targeted instead of my wife or child.

BULLSHIT.

Crime is crime. We should offer up serious punishment (including death) for those who choose to perpetrate them.
    Oh man, dont get me started on that F'n hate crime BS!
    I simply hate all criminals!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    They who shoot cops seem to be the most undesirable types alive, dopers, thieves, and criminals of the worst types. They seem to have no problem even in killing each other among themselves. Worthless gang types, home invaders, rapists, freeloading swine. But we would get a death penalty or long years in the pen for doing the country a favor and personally removing any one of this trash ourselves unless under the law using legal use of deadly force. Good lawful Americans are shackled and the lawless run free most of the time.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Oh man, dont get me started on that F'n hate crime BS!
    I simply hate all criminals!

I agree. Somebody shooting my wife or kid is just as bad as somebody shooting a cop (or a gay person... or a black person). I'm certainly not against the cops here. They ALL need severe punishment... we just don't need to assign levels of punishment based on who somebody is.

Top Bottom