• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Everybody - step back from the keyboard for five seconds before you post, alright? You've been getting mean and hysterical in here, and it needs to stop. Pronto.

If you can't make an argument without an insult or dig or "haha, it's a joke! See, I put a smiley on it!" (we know better), don't post it.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I said this earlier about our current President, but it's true also of politics in general: Politics has the potential to bring out the very worst from the best of us!

The mods on this site seem to be very active lately. They shouldn't have to be!
    We as intelligent adults need to remember to police ourselves, and keep our emotions in check. No topic needs to degrade to an online brawl!
    As I've stated before, we are all here because of a common interest!: Firearms - whether it be rifles, pistols, shotguns, or a combination of one or more.

I still believe we can have intelligent conversations about nearly any topic! If someone doesn't agree with you, then simply make peace with the individual, agree to disagree, and move on!
    When we start infighting amongst each other, than we become no better than the worst segments of society we so often vilify.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    And that's just two cents worth.
    From me!: A simple guy with a few simple guns that I like putting rounds through whenever I get the chance.
    I'm always eager to listen to different viewpoints, quick to befriend, and I will maintain a friendship until I'm dead, or the other person "walks away".

...of course, I may be a bit mellow from the beer or five that I've had tonight.
    Seriously though, it's not a sin to disagree with one another.
    It's not a crime to have a different viewpoint.
    It doesn't make you a bad person to be passionate about what you believe.

You are, however, judged by how you interact socially with your fellow man regardless of their beliefs or yours.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    So, Mr. Moderator, are you disagreeing with this Great American when she said this?????????
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic, and we should stand up and say, 'We are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration!'" --Hillary Clinton, April 28, 2003 at the annual Democratic Party Jefferson-Jackson-Bailey Day fund raising dinner in Connecticut.
    It's only Ok to disagree and debate a president when he/she's a Repug?

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    So, Mr. Moderator, are you disagreeing with this Great American when she said this?????????

Nope. Debate and discussion is fine. When people are unable to debate without throwing out race, religion, or antagonism (kinda like your post here), then the staff here take exception.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Don't know why you have to hate on those of us with emoticon addictions. It's a real problem, I have to take drugs for it (specifically Bourbon).

:1zhelp::patriot::deadhorse::ohnoes::banghead:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

I started the politics section because I want an avenue for people to vent about politics and discuss what's going on in the country in an intelligent and articulate manner. The key phrase being, "... in an intelligent and articulate manner." When someone comes in here and posts some rhetoric as if they just crawled out of the primordial soup an hour ago it is not in the intentions of why I created this sub-forum.

If you can make a point, validate that point with factual information, and do so with dignity and some degree of respect of whom you are discussing then I don't mind it one bit, but if you resort to childish crap like "Odumbass" and "libTARdsdzZ" it just makes the gun culture and you look like a bottom feeding moron. If your point is validated by fact, then there is no reason to resort to name calling like the liberals you (figuratively) hate so much.

I've already removed religion and I'm not afraid of removing politics if people cannot seem to do the above. All I'm asking is for people to have some class.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    hey tex 1911 we all need to be drug tested. Man i love this place i am on a few other like 1911forum and a couple of others but this place is my crack, keep doing what cha doing

CutMan

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    After some thought, I have realized that I can't even have a sane conversation on here about choosing a new .357 without receiving a load of political comments and rhetoric. I wanted a forum about guns, got mixed up in the political discourse (?) and realized that any opinion or distaste that I express is going to end up with a dogpile on me.

I shoot every other weekend, support the second amendment and the constitution, consider shooting my primary hobby, and yet on this site, I DO NOT belong.

I've deleted all of my posts, so I don't have to read any more replies. People that refer to others as 'trash' 'libturds', etc... have violent imagery as their 'signatures'... are not good people. Yes, here I do not belong. Please delete my account.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I shoot every other weekend, support the second amendment and the constitution, consider shooting my primary hobby, and yet on this site, I DO NOT belong.

I've deleted all of my posts, so I don't have to read any more replies. People that refer to others as 'trash' 'libturds', etc... have violent imagery as their 'signatures'... are not good people. Yes, here I do not belong. Please delete my account.

And those individuals certainly don't paint a positive image of the mentally stable gun owning community, I agree. Not sure where politics come in to topics that are actually about firearms, guess I haven't seen those topics. Sorry to see you chased off by a few bad apples. There are a lot of great people on this forum.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    After some thought, I have realized that I can't even have a sane conversation on here about choosing a new .357 without receiving a load of political comments and rhetoric. I wanted a forum about guns, got mixed up in the political discourse (?) and realized that any opinion or distaste that I express is going to end up with a dogpile on me.

Very sorry to see this person go. Hopefully, he'll have a change of heart and decide not to let a few bad apples chase him off.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Don't know why you have to hate on those of us with emoticon addictions. It's a real problem, I have to take drugs for it (specifically Bourbon).

:1zhelp::patriot::deadhorse::ohnoes::banghead:

not cool skeeter. "more cowbell" will ferrell is Mexican_Hippie's avatar. change yours back to your ammo cache pic.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Very sorry to see this person go. Hopefully, he'll have a change of heart and decide not to let a few bad apples chase him off.
    Some people are just too thin skinned to be here. That's true on every forum I have ever been on. Sorry he thought it was too harsh here, but people who are offended by everything are very likely going to be offended everywhere.

No apology here.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom