• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    so shoot till they change shape or catch fire (my sig line is wrong)sorry but if you break in my
    house that is whats going to happen

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    If I hadn't already shown him the door, I would have told him:
    francis.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I see what you did there...

The difference? I'm not joking about it and don't want anybody to think I am. It's just that I tend to grin when I'm about to get my violence on.

So, Mr. Moderator, are you disagreeing with this Great American when she said this?????????

It's only Ok to disagree and debate a president when he/she's a Repug?

Disagree and debate is fine. As long as they're kept at least as civil as you would be in real-life. I've seen conversations on here go downhill to the point where I'm sure punches would have been thrown had they been face to face. And I've seen insults and put-downs on here that would have merited thrown punches in a FTF. We don't need that here, for one it's childish, for another it's pathetic when people hide behind a keyboard and spew stuff that they never would have the testicles to say in the physical presence of their target.

For what it's worth, I doubt you'll find a bigger critic of Obama than I am if you were implying otherwise. But I think we can do better than "Obummer" etc. Yeah, it's fun, but not terribly useful. And it makes us look childish and petty because it is both.

And those individuals certainly don't paint a positive image of the mentally stable gun owning community, I agree. Not sure where politics come in to topics that are actually about firearms, guess I haven't seen those topics. Sorry to see you chased off by a few bad apples. There are a lot of great people on this forum.

And those individuals are going to get what's coming to them, I promise you. My fuse has been a bit short lately, and those kinds of posts have popped up on my rage radar.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Yeah, we should all talk about something less inflamatory than politics - RELIGION!

Funny you brought this up. I actually (even though I've made some recent political posts) stopped browsing the new posts and went to the various gun related threads to focus on what we all love - guns! And then was pulled toward the new posts again. At least this forum is exciting.

I did notice we can't start a thread in the instructional threads, whaz up wit dat mod? Or maybe it is just me and you've put a ban on my posting.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, we should all talk about something less inflamatory than politics - RELIGION!

Funny you brought this up. I actually (even though I've made some recent political posts) stopped browsing the new posts and went to the various gun related threads to focus on what we all love - guns! And then was pulled toward the new posts again. At least this forum is exciting.

I did notice we can't start a thread in the instructional threads, whaz up wit dat mod? Or maybe it is just me and you've put a ban on my posting.

It has to be written elsewhere and then moved into the forum. If you have one you want me to move in there for you, post it in the proper gun or gear-related forum and PM me a link and I'll copy it over.

I even promise to leave your name on it. ;)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

We want to keep the instructional sections, like the "Learn to Shoot" section from being cluttered up with random crap. I also am keeping the sections locked as a method of quality control. We don't want to see a bunch of people post videos of archaic, inefficient, or dangerous techniques to completely screw up the newbies trying to learn. We want it to be more of an archive for shooters to be able to easily access and learn from without having to wade through tens of thousands of posts to find the meat and potatoes.

I do have this thread open here for anyone wanting to request vids on any subject related to any of the general subjects in the L2S area:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/discussions-requests/20243-topic-requests.html

Also, if anyone has made a video that is their property, and they feel it would be beneficial to add to this section, just send me a PM so I can check it out, and I'll be glad to add it if it's appropriate. We just don't want that section to turn into people posting links to random YT vids, and vids that aren't their own property.

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    ...it's pathetic when people hide behind a keyboard and spew stuff that they never would have the testicles to say in the physical presence of their target.
    I understand your point, but, umm, okay.... what about me??? As far back as I can recollect, i've NEVER had testicles. Will that be held against me as a forum poster?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    While I agree, and let me just say for the record nobody asked my opinion, that several threads have indeed gotten a bit out of hand. It seems to me that if you are truly going to allow an open forum for people to speak there minds, however narrow they may be, then the Political section is going to be by far the ground zero for any site.

If it's not going to be an open forum, then by all means ban folks, and or police there post. I fear that if that starts to happen I for one would have to leave. There is enough censorship in the world we live in, and freedom of speech being stifled, that to see it carried over onto a forum that I really like would just make me wanna puke.

That said, if I have misunderstood, or in any way offended anyone I would expect a reply to set the record straight.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    While I agree, and let me just say for the record nobody asked my opinion, that several threads have indeed gotten a bit out of hand. It seems to me that if you are truly going to allow an open forum for people to speak there minds, however narrow they may be, then the Political section is going to be by far the ground zero for any site.

If it's not going to be an open forum, then by all means ban folks, and or police there post. I fear that if that starts to happen I for one would have to leave. There is enough censorship in the world we live in, and freedom of speech being stifled, that to see it carried over onto a forum that I really like would just make me wanna puke.

That said, if I have misunderstood, or in any way offended anyone I would expect a reply to set the record straight.

If we just allow people to run rampant however they want, it will kill the fun of the forum for everyone else. In the past when we've banned some of the trouble makers, immediately afterwords there was more participation by quite a few people, and multiple people have even contacted us saying that they were afraid to post before because they didn't want those troublemakers to hassle them. Bottom line, if someone is going to act like a child and disrupt the forum for everyone else, and/or possibly make threats to other people, they will be banned. This has nothing to do with beliefs or positions on a subject, but entirely to do with how people conduct themselves with others.

Speaking of how people conduct themselves, one of the people we banned awhile ago tried to contact me awhile back and basically threatened to financially destroy me with a lawsuit. When that threat wasn't enough, apparently he said he would send a couple US Marshall buddies of his to my place of business (shooting range) to harass me and show me who I was messing with. I do distinctly remember 2 Marshalls coming in one day, who knows if it was related but, they never harassed me. THIS is the type of person we are talking about people. People like this can stay the hell off of our forum because they are nothing but trouble. This isn't censorship, it's quality control. If someone doesn't like it, so be it. We will not let this forum descend into anarchy.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    See, now that is why this forum is fun.
    CW turns Ann's words around.
    Ann isn't thin skinned and plays right along.

I am of the opinion that is long as someone didn't directly insult you, if you get bent, the problem is yours.

Most of the people posting in this thread have both given and taken crap. Its fun. lalonguecarabine told me: "It is regretful to me that you've had to pull on your big girl panties so early in the day." That was hilarious and I even sent him a PM saying as much.

Its not that same as calling me an idiot because I believe something different than you. Some people both on the sending side and the receiving side have a problem seeing the difference.

Keep weeding those ones out IMO. Although this is a "gun site" I like to hear people's opinions on politics. Even CW, Sisco, and Matefrio's.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    If we just allow people to run rampant however they want, it will kill the fun of the forum for everyone else. In the past when we've banned some of the trouble makers, immediately afterwords there was more participation by quite a few people, and multiple people have even contacted us saying that they were afraid to post before because they didn't want those troublemakers to hassle them. Bottom line, if someone is going to act like a child and disrupt the forum for everyone else, and/or possibly make threats to other people, they will be banned. This has nothing to do with beliefs or positions on a subject, but entirely to do with how people conduct themselves with others.

Speaking of how people conduct themselves, one of the people we banned awhile ago tried to contact me awhile back and basically threatened to financially destroy me with a lawsuit. When that threat wasn't enough, apparently he said he would send a couple US Marshall buddies of his to my place of business (shooting range) to harass me and show me who I was messing with. I do distinctly remember 2 Marshalls coming in one day, who knows if it was related but, they never harassed me. THIS is the type of person we are talking about people. People like this can stay the hell off of our forum because they are nothing but trouble. This isn't censorship, it's quality control. If someone doesn't like it, so be it. We will not let this forum descend into anarchy.

My name is Randman, and I approve this message...

Thank you for sharing that account. That really sucks that it happened, especially over a damn forum. A person like that is a complete and total nut case, and deserved to be banned!!

Top Bottom