• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I just picked up one of these Ryobi 2200 Generators. At 400$ shipped I figured one couldn't beat the price. I think i'll get another so I can tandem them. Any good or bad reviews as I've seen mostly good reviews on them.

s-l1600.jpg
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We picked one up for work at Home Depot. Had been returned so we got it for $400, normally $600.

It's not gonna run your house, but I've used it to run skill saw and transfer pumps without issue. The noise level is very low. Maybe not quite as quiet as the Honda, but also a little more powerful.

Starts easy, light weight, and strong enough for running some basic tools, probably work well for a small travel trailer.

I did find that if you plan to run it under a heavy load or a tool that has a hard start it's best to flip the little switch so it doesn't idle down.

I've got no complaints, works well for what it's intended for. Don't have a ton of hours on it yet.

Sent from my HAL 9000

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Thx YG was wondering about it. I just bought it on Ebay and it hasn't arrived yet. I made an offer on it and the seller accepted. I do believe he has more of them so I'll grab another and then let you know his info. LOL I like this unit so far because it is a 2200 vs the Honda 2000 and I can get 2 of them for the price of 1 Honda and I'd have 4400 combined rather than 2000w. Lastly I've decided to have the stupid bright azz panels Hydro-Dipped in a camo print of some sort. Haha I've found where to purchase the OEM decals and will put only the ones pertaining to starting etc back on it. I'll post pics when done....

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Thx YG was wondering about it. I just bought it on Ebay and it hasn't arrived yet. I made an offer on it and the seller accepted. I do believe he has more of them so I'll grab another and then let you know his info. LOL I like this unit so far because it is a 2200 vs the Honda 2000 and I can get 2 of them for the price of 1 Honda and I'd have 4400 combined rather than 2000w. Lastly I've decided to have the stupid bright azz panels Hydro-Dipped in a camo print of some sort. Haha I've found where to purchase the OEM decals and will put only the ones pertaining to starting etc back on it. I'll post pics when done....

Just use camo duck tape.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you have a generator to daily use, no problem as long as you change the oil, clean the air filter, and monitor the spark plug (s).

If it is a standby generator, lots of problems can arise -- fuel goes bad, and oil seals begin to leak.

A generator must be kept in optimum condition if you want it to back you up when the power grid fails.

Be well.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Ive got a 3750 Generac (sp)

I want a Honda 1000 Watt, they used to be a grand but can now be found for under 700

the are quiet as a church mouse and sip gas

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If it is a standby generator, lots of problems can arise -- fuel goes bad, and oil seals begin to leak.
    Yeah it's good to keep this in mind. I have a powerfist harbor special that works just fine when I'm using it, but I don't use it enough to keep it in good running condition. I always have to "fix" it before I can use it.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Is it better to run it say once a month for 15 minutes or run any fuel if any in it on arrival and leave it empty until first Emergency it is needed? I'd imagine it will be shipped empty of fluids due to Federal mailing regs? thoughts?

Top Bottom