• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    Got tired of my lady complaining about the 2017 Lincoln SUV.

Today. I took us back to the place we belong... the poorhouse.

09cbfbb82fa6e688798b3333fa11971d.jpg
    b7035529d7e19477976fa1f350506211.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Hurley's Gold

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    And for how many years?

As of 4/1/2021, I owe no one nothing and it's dammed nice. :)

It ain’t so bad. It’s an ‘18 so somebody else paid down the depreciation for me.

We traded a paid for Mercedes for the Lincoln last year. It was a mistake. We lost a little on the whole ordeal but worth it in the long run to keep the red-head happy.

And that’s the last car I plan to buy her so I’ll save in the long run ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Out with the old in with the new.

2019 f150 purchased 16 months ago as a dealer demo during truck month with a 5K private cash offer from ford. sticker was 51K out of pocket was 32k or 34k for the xlt with almost every option. It did not offer several things I wanted in the xlt package but for the price I could live with it.

I got offered 36K trade in for it and went with a new xlt with all the options I wanted as they were added in 2021.

So I got paid 2-4K for putting 14K miles on a truck lol.

I was going to do the hybrid f150 but the thought of if any problems arise it would almost have to go back to the dealer for work and the thought of a new first year electric motor in the transmission just did not seem worth the power gains.

So I nixed it and just got another 3.5 twin again. it does have a power outlet in the back just not the 7.4kw Think its 2.Xkw

And for the people who say they are not willing to deal on new trucks are not trying hard enough.

I know its complicated with a trade but after 3 dealers all offering 35-36.5 I figured that was the best I was going to do and should not skew the numbers much.

Sticker was 57700, out the door was 54K and they tried to sneak in almost 3K in dealer added stuff. Not on my watch. I ended up letting them keep the "what they paid for it ya right" on a few things . One was a spray in liner that I would have done,window tint,tire protection, and a stain and paint protection for a total add in of 800 bucks. Was a couple others I said no way. One was 600 bucks for a key fob replacement "with my luck this will be the first time I ever lost or killed a fob lol" the 800 was included in the 54k.

I would have fought harder but after a total of 5-6 dealers over the last month I had had enough and the fight was just no longer worth it. I also think I was fairly close to the please leave but they did the deal so there was obviously still cash on the table lol.

2.jpg

Last edited:

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Out with the old in with the new.

2019 f150 purchased 16 months ago as a dealer demo during truck month with a 5K private cash offer from ford. sticker was 51K out of pocket was 32k or 34k for the xlt with almost every option. It did not offer several things I wanted in the xlt package but for the price I could live with it.

I got offered 36K trade in for it and went with a new xlt with all the options I wanted as they were added in 2021.

So I got paid 2-4K for putting 14K miles on a truck lol.

I was going to do the hybrid f150 but the thought of if any problems arise it would almost have to go back to the dealer for work and the thought of a new first year electric motor in the transmission just did not seem worth the power gains.

So I nixed it and just got another 3.5 twin again. it does have a power outlet in the back just not the 7.4kw Think its 2.Xkw

And for the people who say they are not willing to deal on new trucks are not trying hard enough.

I know its complicated with a trade but after 3 dealers all offering 35-36.5 I figured that was the best I was going to do and should not skew the numbers much.

Sticker was 57700, out the door was 54K and they tried to sneak in almost 3K in dealer added stuff. Not on my watch. I ended up letting them keep the "what they paid for it ya right" on a few things . One was a spray in liner that I would have done,window tint,tire protection, and a stain and paint protection for a total add in of 800 bucks. Was a couple others I said no way. One was 600 bucks for a key fob replacement "with my luck this will be the first time I ever lost or killed a fob lol" the 800 was included in the 54k.

I would have fought harder but after a total of 5-6 dealers over the last month I had had enough and the fight was just no longer worth it. I also think I was fairly close to the please leave but they did the deal so there was obviously still cash on the table lol.

View attachment 253591
    All I'll say is, "Sorry for your loss" as it's a ffffffffooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddd:50cal::spank:;)

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    Just found this thread. Now I need to go get some pictures of the Lil' Red Express. She's a work in progress that I haven't paid attention to in several years but now want to get back out there and finish her up.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Once they perfect "Ultra-Capacitors", the days of the internal combustion engine will be numbered.
    Charge time for refueling will be about the same or less than filling a gas tank now.
    All I'll say is, "Sorry for your loss" as it's a ffffffffooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddd:50cal::spank:;)

Meh I have owned just about every main stream brand car. I get the one that fits my needs and looks like I want it to.

Over saying one brand is better than another because its what I own.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I swear TG you change bikes more often than I change my drawers. Does that replace the scooter in post #60?

I just read most of this, seems like a pretty nice ride. I realize it's an open ended question but how reliable are KTMs?

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I realize it's an open ended question but how reliable are KTMs?

I have 30K trouble free miles on this 2016 1290 SA.

20200810_150431.jpg

KTM has a bad rep and I don't understand why. This bike has been WAY more reliable than a previous 06 BMW 1200RT and 05 1200GS. both were plagued with rear diff, ABS and dry clutch issues.

Top Bottom