Capitol Armory ad

Pot Use Disqualifies You as a Gun owner/Purchaser!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I Post rebuttals to Liberal garbage on the Yahoo Home Page an have done so for a long time. I LOVE pissing off the Liberals who whine & snivel about gun control and love to pester them with those pesky facts!

How do you piss off a Conservative?
    Lie to him.

How do you piss off a Liberal?
    Tell him the truth!

Anyway, I have over 2000 posts on Yahoo and every one of them steps on the toes of Liberals. Incidentally, I could use some help! Try it.....it's fun! Currently, Bloomberg is peppering Yahoo with his anti gun agenda and fighting with those Liberals is like shooting fish in a barrel! These people are all emotion and no facts....clueless!

To the point...................
    They were kicking around a subject that I wondered about. They mentioned Pot use and tied gun purchases to legalized pot use in Colorado and Washington. They had a good point. Even though pot is legalized and it's easy to sign up for medical marijuana use, by doing so, the smokers are signing away their rights to purchase firearms and perhaps to possess them! The "POT" question on the 4473 form is very clear.

I have wondered why Obama and Holder have been so willing to decriminalize Marijuana use. If the Federal 4473 remains as it is, by signing up for Pot use or by getting one of the meaningless Pot smoking "tickets", you have given up your rights to firearms! This pot decriminalization is a friggin' trap that could disqualify thousands of citizens from participation in the Shooting Sports!

Obama and Holder said they would decriminalize Pot use. They did NOT say they would change the 4473 to allow pot smokers to buy guns.

If Obama and Holder set up a data base that pairs up 4473 forms and use of pot or any violation for pot use, these pot smokers are screwed! The Meanies either get them for illegal gun possession or committing perjury on the 4473 form.

I'm clean & sober 33 years so I don't have a dog in this fight. This plan is simple, easy and it disqualifies a Hell of a lot of our citizens from firearms purchases. This is the kind of back stabbing that Obama is famous for.

What say you?

Flash
    Texas SOT

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I do not know for sure but I would think that when voting for the legalization of pot, the inability to purchase firearms would have to of been listed as a restriction. Seems to me that the voters did it to themselves. Unless they were not made aware of what their vote entailed. Maybe they were too high to read exactly what they were voting for.

Last edited:

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    I Post rebuttals to Liberal garbage on the Yahoo Home Page an have done so for a long time. I LOVE pissing off the Liberals who whine & snivel about gun control and love to pester them with those pesky facts!

How do you piss off a Conservative?
    Lie to him.

How do you piss off a Liberal?
    Tell him the truth!

Anyway, I have over 2000 posts on Yahoo and every one of them steps on the toes of Liberals. Incidentally, I could use some help! Try it.....it's fun! Currently, Bloomberg is peppering Yahoo with his anti gun agenda and fighting with those Liberals is like shooting fish in a barrel! These people are all emotion and no facts....clueless!
    What is your username? I'd like to watch. Use PM if you like. Thanks

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Kind of makes a guy wonder why some levels of government are really pushing for pot to be legalized or refusing to enforce the current laws.

Make a huge class of mostly young people ineligible to buy guns? You mean its that easy?

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    I'm not sure if it would disqualify you...of course like everything(laws especially), it's up to interpretation, from 4473 letter 'e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to...' answer would be No if you are being lawful and are not addicted.
    Who's to say you are addicted? Most addicts won't ever admit that.
    Lawful be it at state or federal level? hmmm...
    This is where a good attorney would chime in with some case laws.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Good point Flash, I hadn't thought of that. I'd be in favor of decriminalization without ramifications upon carrying or owning firearms. I think people should be held responsible for their actions and not blame them on drugs. I've got a pretty radical mentality though...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm not sure if it would disqualify you...of course like everything(laws especially), it's up to interpretation, from 4473 letter 'e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to...' answer would be No if you are being lawful and are not addicted.
    Who's to say you are addicted? Most addicts won't ever admit that.
    Lawful be it at state or federal level? hmmm...
    This is where a good attorney would chime in with some case laws.

The form is a federal form, MJ is an illegal substance according to federal law. If you are using it in anywhere, you are breaking federal law making you an unlawful user of, no?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Good post flash. The fact is that the federal government thinks that mj is worse for you that cocaine, amphetamines and almost all opiates. The federal gov is wrong - I know it's a shocker but they won't admit that.

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    True...it is against federal law...but what if you didnt inhale? I kid, I kid!!

I'm sure soon enough it will be taxed not outlawed by the federal government. Any thing that produces a revenue stream is A-OK for uncle sam...now that so many are addicted

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The form is a federal form, MJ is an illegal substance according to federal law. If you are using it in anywhere, you are breaking federal law making you an unlawful user of, no?

I was going to make the same point.

The liberals that use that substance listen to the robotic talking heads they see on TV that lie and say it is ok all the time, and in their mind they believe it. Post up something like Southpaws comments and watch them try to counter.

Can't wait for some conservative state to pass legislation that says it is ok for its residents to violate some federal gun laws.............then watch the liberals heads explode. They will start to understand the concept then, or should if they have not fried their gray matter.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hey guys, just think about it. Obama and Holder have made NO changes in the status of MJ as a narcotic, they simply decline to prosecute those cases. Pot use is still illegal and the 4473 question will either trash your rights to purchase/possess firearms or subject you to charges of perjury for falsifying the 4473. Either way....it's a blockade to your Second Amendment rights. Then, too, once you are disqualified, how do you regain your rights? To my knowledge, that disqualification has no time limit.

As one post says, that creates a whole segment of society that is ineligible for firearms ownership. I don't use drugs of any kind but I hate to see our citizens get caught in a trap set by Obama/Holder!

That tactic has the stink of Obama all over it! Is it paranoia or is it reality? What say you?

Flash

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have wondered why Obama and Holder have been so willing to decriminalize Marijuana use

I am unaware of any efforts by them at the Federal Level to decriminalize MJ.

However if MJ is decriminalized at the Federal Level, then you can answer "No" to the 4473 question and legally by a gun.

Top Bottom