Capitol Armory ad

Pot Use Disqualifies You as a Gun owner/Purchaser!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I am unaware of any efforts by them at the Federal Level to decriminalize MJ.

However if MJ is decriminalized at the Federal Level, then you can answer "No" to the 4473 question and legally by a gun.

I believe it asks "Are you addicted to .... do you partake ect.." So you already have to answer no.

But I get it, you mean "yes" and still have a valid form.
    Capitol Armory ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    More thoughts.....

MJ has not been reclassified in narcotic status. It still is on the same level as dangerous and addictive narcotics. There has been NO Muppet head babble about changing that drug classification. The trap is set! It doesn't matter what the prevailing sentiment says about MJ. Legally, it is a dangerous narcotic with far reaching penalties for its use!

Declining to prosecute and decriminalizing are vastly different.

I can just see those two bastards in the Oval Office laughing as our unwary citizens approach the bait. "Here kitty, kitty...... Here kitty, kitty"......then ZAP, your gun rights are toast!

Flash

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Good post flash. The fact is that the federal government thinks that mj is worse for you that cocaine, amphetamines and almost all opiates. The federal gov is wrong - I know it's a shocker but they won't admit that.
    Flash, that's what I said earlier. According to science- it is less addictive and less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol. Those 2 aren't even on a schedule.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Guess I do not have to worry about that. Personal opinion is that pot, along with all other drugs is just stupid. But thats me, I know others like the stuff, and that's fine. I prefer to take care of myself, mind and body.....and all of the above harm both.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Guess I do not have to worry about that. Personal opinion is that pot, along with all other drugs is just stupid. But thats me, I know others like the stuff, and that's fine. I prefer to take care of myself, mind and body.....and all of the above harm both.

Bam. This big lie that pot isn't bad for people is going to catch up with individuals and society. Not saying the war on drugs isnt nuts but this big embrace of pot is just a lie. Yes...drinking and tobacco are bad for you too especially in excess.

I can honestly say I have never done an illegal drug. Ive done plenty of other stupid and/or wrong things certainly though.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    If it is decriminalized you cannot be an unlawful user. It is no different than alcohol.

Yeah I get that. I meant that you would be able to answer with either yes or no if decriminalized at the federal level. So we are agreeing. I was only saying that now you'd be able to answer "yes" as apposed to "no" because of how the actual question is phrased on the form. Just a technicality.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I just wonder if people are aware that as the laws stand right now, by signing up for medical MJ or to make any kind of traceable record that you use pot, your guns rights are toast. If the Feds put those two factors together, there will be a LOT of gun owners disqualified.

The next question is.........if that disqualification is made, can the Meanies confiscate your firearms?

Flash

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just wonder if people are aware that as the laws stand right now, by signing up for medical MJ or to make any kind of traceable record that you use pot, your guns rights are toast. If the Feds put those two factors together, there will be a LOT of gun owners disqualified.

The next question is.........if that disqualification is made, can the Meanies confiscate your firearms?

Flash

Just prohibits the purchase right? Plus...what if you stop using?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Bam. This big lie that pot isn't bad for people is going to catch up with individuals and society. Not saying the war on drugs isnt nuts but this big embrace of pot is just a lie. Yes...drinking and tobacco are bad for you too especially in excess.

I can honestly say I have never done an illegal drug. Ive done plenty of other stupid and/or wrong things certainly though.
    I admit I smoked a little mota back in the sixties...it was hard to avoid it and in any event you'd get a contact high every time you went to a rock concert but that was a long, long time ago. Now 50 years later I see the damaging effects of MJ on those who kept smoking the shit. Now, before some of you jump in and shout "Alcohol is worse!", yes, you're correct, but this post is about MJ and do we need another damaging drug widely available to all? There are zero chances that we'll see Prohibition again so let's not waste bandwidth on comparing MJ to anything else, let it stand on it's own and see if it passes the smell test. There is a very informative article to be found here: DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) about how marijuana reduces your IQ, raises your chance of a heart attack, irritates the lungs if smoked, can lead to mental illness and psychosis, reduces your level of ambition (big one there), damages your fetus, impairs your motor abilities, increases risk of accidents if driving while high, etc. etc. So, we need to ask ourselves, do we really need another drug made legal?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I admit I smoked a little mota back in the sixties...it was hard to avoid it and in any event you'd get a contact high every time you went to a rock concert but that was a long, long time ago. Now 50 years later I see the damaging effects of MJ on those who kept smoking the shit. Now, before some of you jump in and shout "Alcohol is worse!", yes, you're correct, but this post is about MJ and do we need another damaging drug widely available to all? There are zero chances that we'll see Prohibition again so let's not waste bandwidth on comparing MJ to anything else, let it stand on it's own and see if it passes the smell test. There is a very informative article to be found here: DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) about how marijuana reduces your IQ, raises your chance of a heart attack, irritates the lungs if smoked, can lead to mental illness and psychosis, reduces your level of ambition (big one there), damages your fetus, impairs your motor abilities, increases risk of accidents if driving while high, etc. etc. So, we need to ask ourselves, do we really need another drug made legal?
    I'm for de-criminalization for everyone above 21 and ending the war on drugs. In America you should be able to do whatever you want in private without hurting anyone else. It's about freedom. As far as drugs and guns it should be changed on the form because it's a waste of space on the form how it's worded now. Do they take guns away from the elderly for taking mind altering drugs? Nope.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm for de-criminalization for everyone above 21 and ending the war on drugs. In America you should be able to do whatever you want in private without hurting anyone else. It's about freedom. As far as drugs and guns it should be changed on the form because it's a waste of space on the form how it's worded now. Do they take guns away from the elderly for taking mind altering drugs? Nope.

Not widely, but once they get the state reporting to the NICS up and running according to the NICS Improvement Act of 2007, you may start seeing that for many people seeing a doctor for having symptoms those drugs are being prescribed for.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Legalization is long past due. If dems run on that platform I'll vote for them. I'm tired of fake conservatives.
    I haven't made up my mind yet about legalization of marijuana. The Libertarian side of me says yes, legaiize it and let people decide on their own if they want to use it and to heck with the social costs. The social Conservative side of me wants to mitigate the damage to society of another drug. It's definitely a conundrum for me but vote Democrat for this one issue......NEVER!!!!!!!!!

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I haven't made up my mind yet about legalization of marijuana. The Libertarian side of me says yes, legaiize it and let people decide on their own if they want to use it and to heck with the social costs. The social Conservative side of me wants to mitigate the damage to society of another drug. It's definitely a conundrum for me but vote Democrat for this one issue......NEVER!!!!!!!!!
    Social conservative is technically liberal. It's emotional and nothing is more Brady Campaign than emotions. I just don't think the government should be nannies. They should stick to what they are only ok at like roads-education-criminal justice and what they're better at like collecting money and the military. They have to stay out of listening to what we say, what we can own, what we want to do in private.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Social conservative is technically liberal. It's emotional and nothing is more Brady Campaign than emotions. I just don't think the government should be nannies. They should stick to what they are only ok at like roads-education-criminal justice and what they're better at like collecting money and the military. They have to stay out of listening to what we say, what we can own, what we want to do in private.

Had to read that twice, lol.

Now I'm trackin'.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Social conservative is technically liberal.
    It's also technically Christian. Social Conservatives are taught to care about our fellow man, that's why we're anti-abortion which is hardly Liberal. Let's not get this thread off-track by trying to label people. Even the most die hard Libertarian understands the need for SOME level of governance, as do social Conservatives, Conservatives, RINOs, Democrats, Blue Dog Democrats, Moderates, Statists, Constitutionalists, and all the rest so let's not get bound up in labels. I'm sure Libertarians will be as angry as any Liberal when some stoned teen blows a stop sign and kills their family. The only difference between you and I is do you want to be pro-active or reactive to social issues. I prefer to be pro-active on some issues, but that hardly makes me a Liberal.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's twisting the top on a big can of worms that goes far beyond checking yes or no on a form. It gets in to a whole new way of running our nation and returning to high levels of personal responsibility and accountability.

I will say this, being "proactive" can be used as an excuse to institute all sorts of rights violations.

BC, start a new thread on that.

Top Bottom