Military Camp

Pot Use Disqualifies You as a Gun owner/Purchaser!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    No one has said that the current MJ laws don't totally suck. The fact remains that they are what they are, right now and penalties assessed for violating them are still current and valid. Are you willing to risk using pot, then lying on the 4473 or risk being caught and receiving a "ticket" for MJ use? The penalties TRASH your participation in the shooting sports and MAY keep you from owning a gun!

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If they're unwise enough to check YES on that box, then they don't need a firearm anyway.
    That's not the point.

If someone legally uses marijuana (under state law), they're lying on a 4473 when they fail to report their unlawful (under federal law) use of marijuana. As soon as enough databases are talking to each other, the people using state-legal marijuana will lose their ability to buy firearms through an FFL.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If they're unwise enough to check YES on that box, then they don't need a firearm anyway.

The Feds set a trap for the unwary. If you comply with STATE law and use pot, it's still a major felony and major narcotic by FEDERAL law. That Felony has very wide ranging consequences. If you sign up for medical MJ or get a "ticket" for pot use, your Firearms activities, your CHL and MAYBE your ability to own firearms may be history. If you register for medical MJ, you can't UNREGISTER for purposes of your 4473 entries. Also, if you pick up a ticket or get a possession charge, you're toast.

A lot of people can get their peters shot off when the Feds set this hook!

Don't let the Feds connect your shooting sports activities and use of MJ. With their huge computer capability, that's going to be real tough to keep separated!

OH....I do NOT use MJ or any other form of drug. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just hate to see these bastards screw our people through deception.

Flash

Last edited:

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA

The Feds set a trap for the unwary. If you comply with STATE law and use pot, it's still a major felony and major narcotic by FEDERAL law. That Felony has very wide ranging consequences. If you sign up for medical MJ or get a "ticket" for pot use, your Firearms activities, your CHL and MAYBE your ability to own firearms may be history. If you register for medical MJ, you can't UNREGISTER for purposes of your 4473 entries. Also, if you pick up a ticket or get a possession charge, you're toast.

A lot of people can get their peters shot off when the Feds set this hook!

Don't let the Feds connect your shooting sports activities and use of MJ. With their huge computer capability, that's going to be real tough to keep separated!

OH....I do NOT use MJ or any other form of drug. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just hate to see these bastards screw our people through deception.

Flash

-OR-

Just don't use pot. Medical marijuana is bullshit.

-PROOF-

I was actually curious about it (more of to see the placebo effect of it, I know it's useless) one day and took to Bing. I came across a MM forum and started reading. First, there's a shitload of people on there asking the easiest way to get a license. That proves that not everyone is there for legit medical reasons. A clear indication of a flawed system. Second, If these asshats were actually using this substance for medical reasons, and not personal highs, their sig lines wouldn't have stupid shit like "smoke weed every day" or 4:20 or a Bob Marley picture or some other sophomoric drug reference.

-CONCLUSION-

I'm glad these people can't possess firearms. Anyone that stupid should not even be allowed near inert ammunition.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    -OR-

Just don't use pot. Medical marijuana is bullshit.

-PROOF-

I was actually curious about it (more of to see the placebo effect of it, I know it's useless) one day and took to Bing. I came across a MM forum and started reading. First, there's a shitload of people on there asking the easiest way to get a license. That proves that not everyone is there for legit medical reasons. A clear indication of a flawed system. Second, If these asshats were actually using this substance for medical reasons, and not personal highs, their sig lines wouldn't have stupid shit like "smoke weed every day" or 4:20 or a Bob Marley picture or some other sophomoric drug reference.

-CONCLUSION-

I'm glad these people can't possess firearms. Anyone that stupid should not even be allowed near inert ammunition.
    Hypothetical-
    what if it was alcohol on the form. Drinking alcohol isn't an accepted medical use either and it can kill you much easier and faster. I'd be less worried about a person high on weed with a gun than a severely drunk person.
    I drink on the weekends sometimes ill plan on getting a buzz, but I'm a responsible gun owner. So am I too immature to own a firearm?

The law needs to be amended in a few places, MJ law reform needs to be one of them. Suppressor laws, OC laws, and SBR laws too. Let's look at these things from a reasonable perspective instead of being complacent or prejudice.

Top Bottom