PPE is Getting Stupid Expensive

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
Gov Abbott is requiring more PPE & the prices are skyrocketing.

My normal PPE vendor has managed to keep a trickle of PPE coming to me at normal prices. I started looking for additional sources today.

The $0.40 disposable gown I normally wear is $4 - $7 on the open market. KN-95 went from $0.70 to $5.50. Clear face shields are $5.50.

If I have to source on the open market & with the new requirements my cost per surgery is going from maybe $5 to $50!

Damn.

Brains

Hey! Relax!
Apr 9, 2013
Spring
We sold through our PPE and have been doing everything we can to source more. Only thing we have a 2 layer cotton masks (FEMA took the 4 layer) and paper surgical masks. We refuse to gouge on prices, which means we also have refused high costs and also refused offers from companies that can't prove the quality.

It's tough right now, but manufacturing is running full tilt.

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
We sold through our PPE and have been doing everything we can to source more. Only thing we have a 2 layer cotton masks (FEMA took the 4 layer) and paper surgical masks. We refuse to gouge on prices, which means we also have refused high costs and also refused offers from companies that can't prove the quality.

It's tough right now, but manufacturing is running full tilt.
If you add a blue shop towel, it will improve the filtering a significant amount.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
Feb 24, 2009
cypress
I’m a real man dammit!! I don’t use that crap...then again I’ve already been sick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom