• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    its a gun show there are never any good prices anymore :) lol just lots of guns to fondle then buy online

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Contemplating going, since I won't be able to make the San Antonio show later this month. But it's a 250 mile round trip (I avoid IH-35 whenever possible) and depending on the weather, it may not be a fun drive.

It is advertised as 450 tables, does that sound about right? Has anyone been to it and the SA show? Are the vendors the same, or are a fair number different?

The last time I went to the Premier show in Austin, it was still actually in Austin! :D

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    its a gun show there are never any good prices anymore :) lol just lots of guns to fondle then buy online

I always enjoy going to gun shows, even crappy ones (which the Premier shows are not!). I have found so many cool things at shows, such a Polish night vision scope and wooden Hungarian AMD-65 grips, that it keeps me going back. I often find deals but the nice thing is you always have an opportunity to haggle whereas online doesn't really allow it. Plus you get to actually see and handle the item before buying, I've bought more than a fair share of things online that turn out not to be exactly as described.

Lastly, there's the people you meet at these events. I not only get to see a lot of good friends, but also make a lot of new ones. And the folks that host this show are some of the nicest people you could ever meet! They have been extremely kind to the TexasGunTalk crew here in San Antonio and I for one believe we owe them because of it. As many of you now, we just had an extended gap since the last Premier San Antonio in August 2014. SAXET is fun but it's not nearly as enjoyable as the Premier show. We are overjoyed with the news that Premier was returning (at a cost to themselves, they are lowering the entry price to offset the increased cost of parking). They are sacrificing their profit because they know many of us love the show. I think we should demonstrate our gratitude...

Cheers! M2

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I did the smile to indicate it was tongue in cheek attempt in humor. If there was never anyhing bought and sold at the shows they would not exist. and Ya I am glad they put the show on I enjoy them as a good place to get some jerky :) WARNING HUMOR ALERT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So, anyone going this weekend? Weather looks like it might cooperate, I'm just not sure how early on Saturday I will be willing to get up to make that drive! :D

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    It'd be cool to have a meetup. I can't ever seem to make the Friday lunch for work. I'm MAKING time for the gun show.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Will try to make the show when the doors open Saturday morning, but given the distance I am driving and time I have to get up to do it, I don't think I'll be arriving early enough to do breakfast beforehand...

Top Bottom