• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I enjoyed it, the layout is a bit different as they have tables along the halls outside of the arena and then more inside it. Michelle said that confused a few folks, they only saw the hall vendors and didn't realize that there were a lot more on the floor of the arena. It was crowded and I saw a few old friends (mainly vendors from the San Antonio show and SAXET), but I didn't pick anything up as I thought I had a deal for a Zastava M70A Tokarev from a guy in Austin but when I called he said he had already sold it! :(

Just a warning, GPS will take you on toll roads (183A) to get there. I just drove over to 183 and saved myself whatever they charge to drive that short section of the road. Had I planned my drive better, I would've stayed on IH-35 until the exit for 1431 (where the Round Rock Ikea is) and took that road straight in. For some reason my GPS thought it'd be quicker to take an earlier exit to 45 and put me on the toll road.

I did stop by Elite Arms on my way home, nice shop but some guy buying three Chinese Polytechs made me feel poor so I left! :D

Cheers! M2

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I enjoyed it, the layout is a bit different as they have tables along the halls outside of the arena and then more inside it. Michelle said that confused a few folks, they only saw the hall vendors and didn't realize that there were a lot more on the floor of the arena. It was crowded and I saw a few old friends (mainly vendors from the San Antonio show and SAXET), but I didn't pick anything up as I thought I had a deal for a Zastava M70A Tokarev from a guy in Austin but when I called he said he had already sold it! :(

Just a warning, GPS will take you on toll roads (183A) to get there. I just drove over to 183 and saved myself whatever they charge to drive that short section of the road. Had I planned my drive better, I would've stayed on IH-35 until the exit for 1431 (where the Round Rock Ikea is) and took that road straight in. For some reason my GPS thought it'd be quicker to take an earlier exit to 45 and put me on the toll road.

I did stop by Elite Arms on my way home, nice shop but some guy buying three Chinese Polytechs made me feel poor so I left! :D

Cheers! M2

Take 1431 from i35 go all way to either 183a to new hope dr or the street by shell station take left at the intersection (lonestar grill on right) go through new hope and 183a intersection.

Only sigs,toyota, and ak's allowed.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Take 1431 from i35 go all way to either 183a to new hope dr or the street by shell station take left at the intersection (lonestar grill on right) go through new hope and 183a intersection.

Yeah, it's already costing me enough in gas money (112 mile trip each way) plus parking, I ain't paying the state any more to drive on roads that should be free.

While it was nice to see the show at its new location (the first Austin gun show we went to was still in Austin), it's too far of a drive for me. I did it yesterday as I had other business up there, and stopped by Elite Arms and Pedernales Falls State Park on my way home (one of my favorite state parks); but with Premier shows back in SA as well as SAXET, it just isn't worth the time or gas to go that far for a smaller event. Of course, anyone closer to Cedar Park should try to make it...

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    f2b4cfa0a02ddbec33906a4ad834d5ce.jpg

280e8e9f69307413280ae089edbfc6bc.jpg

Only sigs,toyota, and ak's allowed.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    Hidden in the corner as you go from the floor to the outside ring I stumbled over a brilliant deal on primers. Something like $28/1k for Winchester large & small pistol, $127/5k.

Guy was a pleasure to deal with too :)

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Hidden in the corner as you go from the floor to the outside ring I stumbled over a brilliant deal on primers. Something like $28/1k for Winchester large & small pistol, $127/5k.

Guy was a pleasure to deal with too :)

Wish I had jumped on that one. Little did I know Academy jacked their primer prices up to like $4/100.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    Wish I had jumped on that one. Little did I know Academy jacked their primer prices up to like $4/100.

He might be at the next one, I'm fairly sure I saw at least the ammo stall (not sure on the extra primer table) last time it was on. Business was called ammo4u iirc.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    He might be at the next one, I'm fairly sure I saw at least the ammo stall (not sure on the extra primer table) last time it was on. Business was called ammo4u iirc.

ammo4u used to have those primers at $40/box. In my opinion, $27 or 25.40 for 5K is a "going out of business price". nothing left on the bone to stay afloat for a small time outfit, after expenses and taxes. At $2 a box profit, unkle same gets 50%, premier gets 50% of that for the table rentals, they just made $0.50 per box in their pockets.... divided by two guys.... Might as well stay home and relax !

Get em while you can at that price, they won't be there for long :)

Top Bottom