• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayeMechanico

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    I went out to the show last month for the first time in a good while. It was pretty cool, some cool used guns and lots of neat stuff to look at. I'm keeping an eye out for hard to find 300 win mag brass, and maybe a holster for my GP100. It'd be cool to meet some of y'all if you plan to attend.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is there any word from Premier on the fact that this is the last Cedar Park show, or is all this simply based on the fact that no other events are scheduled for the location for the rest of the year?

I went to this show a few months ago and it appeared to be doing well. I also spoke with Michelle and go not indication that it was going to end. Not to say things haven't changed, but as of July there was nothing that would lead me to believe this venue was ending...

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Is there any word from Premier on the fact that this is the last Cedar Park show, or is all this simply based on the fact that no other events are scheduled for the location for the rest of the year?

I went to this show a few months ago and it appeared to be doing well. I also spoke with Michelle and go not indication that it was going to end. Not to say things haven't changed, but as of July there was nothing that would lead me to believe this venue was ending...

I spoke with Premier yesterday packing in. It's venue issues again.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I spoke with Premier yesterday packing in. It's venue issues again.

What??? Why??? I know they have to work around the minor league hockey and basketball teams that play there but are there other venue issues? Has Williamson County finally succumbed to the liberal rot here in Travis? Please say it ain't so. This show is good and it's always had a good turnout the times I've been.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    it is a good show but I think most vendors don't realize that alot of gun shoppers now spend time looking at the actual cost of guns online before going and when they see they are priced way over what they can get them for they just don't buy. The days of haggling are shrinking when as a consumer you can get a good idea of what you can get an item for and if your not offered a reasonable starting point why bother making a real offer when you know you will get the rolled eyes and the no way I cant even buy them at that price answer.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    it is a good show but I think most vendors don't realize that alot of gun shoppers now spend time looking at the actual cost of guns online before going and when they see they are priced way over what they can get them for they just don't buy. The days of haggling are shrinking when as a consumer you can get a good idea of what you can get an item for and if your not offered a reasonable starting point why bother making a real offer when you know you will get the rolled eyes and the no way I cant even buy them at that price answer.
    I am pretty sure they *do* realize that. I overheard two conversations with different dealers in the limited time I was there yesterday where the customer was claiming they could get it for a lower price online. In one case the vendor said politely "That is a great price and it may be your best option, I will lose money if I sell it to you for that." another said not so politely "Go buy it from them then" and literally turned around and ignored the customer from that point on.

There are some sellers at the show that have prices that are very close to online for new guns. Within $10 on handguns. Yes, given our ability here in Austin to get cheap transfers it is often still cheaper to buy online and save the sales tax but I am willing to pay a little extra money to support a Texas seller and get my gun with no hassle and no waiting.

Of course, there are plenty of other sellers selling at absurd prices. It amazes me when I see people buy from them. I mean, it is one thing to go in and not be well informed on prices but it is entirely another to not realize that there are others sellers in the same building selling the exact same gun for $100 less.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    ^This. I see lots of guns, particularly handguns, at or very near on-line prices every time I go to a show. Anybody who says otherwise just doesn't look hard enough, or they're after something obscure, scarce or high demand. The only significant difference is sales tax, which is not the vendors fault, and even then that may or may not be cheaper than shipping + FFL fees. And it's certanly worth something, I would think, to walk out with your purchase done rather than having to hassle with setting up a transfer and stressing over delivery and scheduling a subsequent pick-up and all the inherent blips and glitches that go along with that.

Yes, there are tables that are proud of their guns, and you can easily walk past those. I too scratch my head when I see those guys making sales, but that's not my concern.

I don't pretend to know the expense structures involved or what it takes to break even, but the job of the promoter is to get people in the door and it seems that Premier has done a pretty good job of that. It's up to the vendors after that.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    ^This. I see lots of guns, particularly handguns, at or very near on-line prices every time I go to a show. Anybody who says otherwise just doesn't look hard enough, or they're after something obscure, scarce or high demand. The only significant difference is sales tax, which is not the vendors fault, and even then that may or may not be cheaper than shipping + FFL fees. And it's certanly worth something, I would think, to walk out with your purchase done rather than having to hassle with setting up a transfer and stressing over delivery and scheduling a subsequent pick-up and all the inherent blips and glitches that go along with that.

Yes, there are tables that are proud of their guns, and you can easily walk past those. I too scratch my head when I see those guys making sales, but that's not my concern.

I don't pretend to know the expense structures involved or what it takes to break even, but the job of the promoter is to get people in the door and it seems that Premier has done a pretty good job of that. It's up to the vendors after that.
    This matches my sentiment.

I hope they can work something out to keep the show there.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    I'll always look around to try and find the best deal, but I'm happy to pay a little extra to buy from a show. There's no-where else I can physically touch a bunch of guns without having a salesman control the interaction.

If I goto the show & then buy online all I'm doing is hastening the end of shows, short term financial win for long term no-show suckyness -> bad deal.

I really hope the cedar show carries on, else it'll be drive's to San Antonio :-(

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    1) It's illegally 30.06 posted, which should be fixed with the new law. No gun show should be 30.06 posted. Mandatory clear/check? Sure, but not posted.

2) Parking fee? Really? Who pays for parking to shop anywhere?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom