• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sunday for us too. Doing the Texas Balloon Spectacular on Saturday.

Bill

Hope this isn't too late, but check before driving out. We were planning to go, but I saw this on our neighborhood Facebook page...

So no balloons. It's 6:23pm and nothing. The weather is great and there's a gentle breeze. What a rip off. So much for first annual. And for them not to put on the event that there is not going to be any is really annoying. It's just an open space with food. What a waste of 15 dollars. If we had known we would have stayed home.

To which someone else replied...

Having grown up in Iowa where they used to hold the National Hot Air Balloon Championships.....it is not uncommon for them to not fly! I can't tell you how many times we went to my grandparents or Aunt & Uncles house to see the balloons and got to see NOTHING! The wind has to be next to nothing before they can safely fly......

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As for the Premier show, we had a pretty good crowd for breakfast (about a dozen folks) and the show was fun as usual. The crowd was well-sized but you could still easily get around. We talked with Michelle and Tim, and they are definitely coming back to San Antonio in 2016 (there is already a show scheduled for January). They said the Cedar Park show was just too difficult to schedule, as they weren't allowed to have any events at the venue during basketball season. However, San Antonio is still doing relatively well and they want to continue with it. Obviously the market has softened, but it's great to hear their sticking with it!

Cheers! M2

SPyKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    It was good seeing everyone this morning, and meeting new people. Event was better than the last time I went, and I still favor it to SAXET.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The Premier San Antonio Gun Show is returning just in time for Christmas! It will be December 19 & 20 at the usual spot (Freeman Expo Hall, 3201 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78219) during the usual hours (Saturday 9 am–5 pm and Sunday 10 am–4 pm). General Admission is still only $5 (cash only) and parking is $7 per vehicle (thanks Bexar County! :( ). More info on Premier's website: http://premiergunshows.com/shows/san-antonio-gun-show/

We're also going to meet for breakfast before the show on Saturday at 8am at the usual location.

Cheers! M2

SPyKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Have to see how much Santa leaves me with before I know if it's worth going. I love my XDM 40, but it's turned out to be a bit large to carry, even for me!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Have to see how much Santa leaves me with before I know if it's worth going. I love my XDM 40, but it's turned out to be a bit large to carry, even for me!

as I recall, I got $500 to $525 for both of mine (each), one in black and one in OD, private sale, VGC in box with all the gear. I want to say $525 but that was a while back. I also loved them as shooters, but they were too big.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Premier Gun Show in Dirty 'ol SA Dec 19, 2015

Visited the show today. Have not done so in many years.

Size of the venue has shrunk. The side-hall was not even opened to exhibitors as in the past, and there was a curtain that screened off about 1/5 of the main hall (whilst a number of large vendors' trailers were parked behind the curtain).

One vendor had more tables than I have seen at any gun show in recent memory, and his prices were on par with Academy Sports, and he had a far greater selection of guns. Good for him!

There were more artsy-fartsy tables with knick-knacks, jewelry, jerky, salsa, sausage, religious portraits, etc. than ammo tables.

As far as ammo -- It looked like a freak show. Most all the ammo looked like it had been dragged from show to show for years. The cardboard boxes were dog-eared and disfigured -- many were held together with clear tape.

As for .22 LR ammo, neigh on three years after the shortage began, sellers are asking $35 for Federal 325, $47 for Remington 525, and $18.50 for a 100 round plastic box of CCI Mini-Mags.

Some were selling Winchester M-22 one thousand box counts for $89, and the Remington Bucket of Bullets for $125.

.22 Magnum, no matter who made it, was selling for $25 per 50 rounds.

Please remind me to spend my money elsewhere.

Be well.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Yep, a massive dud. Aside from SAW and their LWRC collection there was nothing to hold my interest.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    How do say that? AJC has almost the selection of SAW, Alan(?) comes to both shows with his Knights stuff and Americana only is at SAXET.

A few years ago I would say premier lived up to its name but not anymore.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Drove down from Austin. Main reason was lunch with an old friend and we then went to the show. Major disappointment. Way too many non gun related junk tables. I would say if you were on a specific mission you may find a bargain, but not on ammo. I did ask the promoters about the Austin area show in Cedar Park and they said "We are not making money there", that is why they do not do them anymore. It was not the venue dropping them. Will not return to the Freeman show.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    How do say that? AJC has almost the selection of SAW, Alan(?) comes to both shows with his Knights stuff and Americana only is at SAXET.

A few years ago I would say premier lived up to its name but not anymore.

AJC is the only decent large vendor at SAXET, and even then their inventory has greatly decreased over the years. Otherwise, SAXET has just as many non-gun vendors as Premier, if not more; and it never changes.

Top Bottom