• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Drove down from Austin. Main reason was lunch with an old friend and we then went to the show. Major disappointment. Way too many non gun related junk tables. I would say if you were on a specific mission you may find a bargain, but not on ammo. I did ask the promoters about the Austin area show in Cedar Park and they said "We are not making money there", that is why they do not do them anymore. It was not the venue dropping them. Will not return to the Freeman show.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. I know Tim and Michelle very well, and the reason they ended their Cedar Park show was that the venue was booked up for basketball and hockey games. It was actually a good show for them, but the scheduling problems made it unmanageable.

But you are correct, the venue didn't drop them; they dropped the venue for those exact reasons, not the one you claimed!
    DK Firearms

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    In to just the past year Premier has lost a number of interesting dealers. The Ukrainian guy from the Houston area was one of them. While his prices were nuts you could see cool stuff that could be bought elsewhere. Likewise, Quantico had some great stuff, too.

Well, the former guy doesn't seem to attend anymore and Quantico brought a rather bland assortment of mid grade hand guns and the like.

If SAW drops out our follows the Quantico approach them premier will have zero worth seeing.

While far from perfect, SAXET was where I first saw the Sig MCX and MPX via Americana arms.

Guess we will just have to leave it right about here as I have no dog in this fight. I liked premier a lot but have been disappointed with their resuscitated product.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Sorry, but that's bullshit. I know Tim and Michelle very well, and the reason they ended their Cedar Park show was that the venue was booked up for basketball and hockey games. It was actually a good show for them, but the scheduling problems made it unmanageable.

But you are correct, the venue didn't drop them; they dropped the venue for those exact reasons, not the one you claimed!

Max, the man I talked to had a tag on, said Tim, lady next to him, very pleasant, long black hair, somewhat curly. And sorry to disagree, but that is exactly what he said to me, not a word about it being booked. Ask him if he remembers talking to the 6' older guy in a blue flannel shit, had a friend with me. Was around 12:30 or so Saturday afternoon. We had just gone straight down from the entrance since I generally walk shows rear to front. He did say that Cedar Park did treat them well.

I have no dog in the hunt and though I was disappointed, I have no reason to make this up.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I went back today to help a fellow from Houston who rented a table at the show. (Free parking and admission).

Attendance was quite poor. Lots of lookers and few buyers.

Why would a promoter schedule a gun show the weekend before Christmas, when most people are hitting the malls and shopping centers for Christmas gifts?

I had nothing better to do, and I surely did not want to drop any coin this time of year.

The promoters have scheduled another SA gun show for 9-10 January.

What are they thinking? Will we have more money in our pockets just a few days after Christmas?

Be well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Max, the man I talked to had a tag on, said Tim, lady next to him, very pleasant, long black hair, somewhat curly. And sorry to disagree, but that is exactly what he said to me, not a word about it being booked. Ask him if he remembers talking to the 6' older guy in a blue flannel shit, had a friend with me. Was around 12:30 or so Saturday afternoon. We had just gone straight down from the entrance since I generally walk shows rear to front. He did say that Cedar Park did treat them well.

I have no dog in the hunt and though I was disappointed, I have no reason to make this up.

Well, I've talked with Tim and Michelle numerous times, and that isn't what they told me. In fact, Michelle was disappointed that they couldn't keep that show going, as after SAXET caved in to the city of Austin they understood what an impact that would have on the gun community in that area.

In fact, if revenue was a case for cancelling shows, they would not have come back to San Antonio after the county double the cost of parking. Instead, they actually lowered the entry price to offset the parking increase. And yes, while the show has shrunk since it first began, they have remained committed to the San Antonio market; so the bottom line is not monetary.

I went back today to help a fellow from Houston who rented a table at the show. (Free parking and admission).

Attendance was quite poor. Lots of lookers and few buyers.

Why would a promoter schedule a gun show the weekend before Christmas, when most people are hitting the malls and shopping centers for Christmas gifts?

I had nothing better to do, and I surely did not want to drop any coin this time of year.

The promoters have scheduled another SA gun show for 9-10 January.

What are they thinking? Will we have more money in our pockets just a few days after Christmas?

Be well.

There were numerous gun shows across the state this weekend, so I guess everyone was thinking it would be a good time to have one a week before Christmas.

As for their show on the 9th of January, there's even going to be another gun show even prior to that so I guess they also think it's not too soon.

But I guess some people will bitch no matter what the situation. Would you prefer there were no gun shows at all?!?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By the way, don't think the insult to San Antonio in the title didn't go unnoticed. Obviously you don't like it here, so why bother to come down for the show?

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Max, Well, I do believe you, do not know why they told me something different. They did express regret over not having the Cedar Park show. The last one I attended in Cedar Park was pretty good, not a lot of "junk" tables and seemed well attended. We no longer have a show in the Austin area, the SAXET is very small and just not worth the drive from where I live.

BTW, we did meet once, a few years back, I think you had a youngster with you. So, let's just hope things improve in SA and hope they will return to Austin.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I went to the gunshow haircare products for my beard but came home with an H&K VP9

IMG_20151220_171247.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I didn't see any haircare products for my beard as otherwise I might not have walked out empty handed! :D

Seriously, although we did spend over three hours at the show, I didn't find anything I really needed (with a kid in college, stuff has to meet that criteria for me!). I saw some cool stuff, but I had to walk away. Kinda glad I did, as later on Saturday I had an opportunity to buy a like-new complete Jeep top for my LJ at less than half the usual price. The top I have is still in decent shape, but it's showing its age so the chance to pick up a replacement especially at that price was too good to pass up! It'll stay stored in my garage until it's needed, but like a reserve parachute I feel much better having it and not needing it than the other way around! :)

As already mentioned, the next show is 9-10 January. Unfortunately, I have something already planned that Saturday morning so I can't go; but we may make it either later that day or on Sunday. The one after that will be 9-10 April. I have no idea where I may be that weekend; but if I'm here we'll be going.

Cheers! M2

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Please list them, and tell me which ones you went to.

This is the worst time for a Gun Show, and the IRS will want their quarterly payment on Jan 15 next year.

Be well.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I got some powder and some Polly coated rounds from the reloading guys, along with some great knowledge of the history of bullets. Also got a Holosun 515 which makes Primary Arms sight, the thing is awesome! The guy in the front corner had more tables then I have seen at a show, if you needed a pistol he had it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The first Premier San Antonio Gun Show for 2016 will be January 9th & 10th at the Freeman Expo Hall (3201 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78219). Hours are still Saturday 9 am–5 pm and Sunday 10 am–4 pm. General Admission is still only $5 (cash only) and parking remains at $7 per vehicle. More info on Premier's website: http://premiergunshows.com/shows/san-antonio-gun-show/

A second show is scheduled for April 9th & 10th.

Sorry, due to a previous commitment we won't be able to do breakfast Saturday morning! :(

We'll most likely go Sunday morning.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Whoever goes to the show today, please post up a report. As stated, we aren't able to make it today due to a prior commitment; but we still might try tomorrow. However, with all this "excitement" over the "executive actions" announced by Obama this past week, I suspect it may be a madhouse. In many ways, I hope so as it will be nice to see a resurgence in gun show attendance; but I am not sure I will feel up to fighting the crowds tomorrow.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom