• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    I think he is adding the $5 entry and $7 parking together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Plenty of open parking - even with the Hot Tub show running next door.

Vendor count continues to shrink. Only two 2 full rows past center now. More non-gun vendors: wanna buy a water infused air freshner contraption? Me neither.

Crowd was average though business appeared good. SAW was crowded (as usual) - all four 4473 spots were full up, with a line 6-8 deep queued up. In fact, I saw more 4473 spots busy than not.

A few new vendors, several established vendors absent.

• Saw two Delta Elite for $1000 (1 just under, 1 just above)
    • Spotted a few Coonan .357 - no price indicated, though that vendor's pricing on his other pistols was quite high.
    • Rock Island Armory M1911A1 in nickel for $679.
    • Colt Government 1911 for $799 with FO front sight.
    • Allan Yoast had a pair of Milt Sparks holsters for the M&P, $129.
    • .308 lower (non-anodized), $120
    • .308 lower & upper, matched billet set, $270
    • CCI MiniMags for $18.50. :beat:

DWD

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    SAW has so many tables that they normally have another table just for people to sit and fill out 4473's. Even with that table & 3 or 4 people working on it there's still a queue to buy stuff (SAW generally seems to have the best prices, but there's not much room for negotiation).

Normally there's more employees maning the 4473 table than the all their gun tables.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

My daughter & I went to the show yesterday after lunch & we were UNIMPRESSED. = I saw NOT even one thing that I was interested in buying. = A great deal of non-gun junk & not much QUALITY guns/ammo/accessories for sale

The only GOOD thing was that we found a NICE about 65yo instructor (Retired GUNNERY SGT, USMC) & his wife, who will train my daughter & her adoptive mother for their CHL/LTC at a DECENT PRICE. = A maximum of SIX students per class & 65.oo each.
    (Tom said that he & his wife will work with the two of them until they are COMPETENT with their firearms & IF I'm not satisfied that they will work with the 2 of them until I am.)

just my OPINIONS, satx

Last edited:

DarkwingDuck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Is that a new thing? I've always just seen people do em at the vendor's table!

I think he was saying these positions are at vendor tables.

SAW has so many tables that they normally have another table just for people to sit and fill out 4473's.

No, not a new thing. As you & M³ surmised and stemoo01 noted, some vendors -- eg, SAW -- have separate table(s) for 4473s. Others clear a portion of one table -- eg, Runner Runner Guns. And others yet just hand ya a clipboard where you stand. Was simply noting the vendors who had areas set aside (SAW & RRG, et al) were occupied more often than not. Didn't mean to imply a new procedure.

DWD

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    To All,

My daughter & I went to the show yesterday after lunch & we were UNIMPRESSED. = I saw NOT even one thing that I was interested in buying. = A great deal of non-gun junk & not much QUALITY guns/ammo/accessories for sale... satx

same for me, I've been to gun shows probably 5 or 6 times in the past 20 years (Houston, Atlanta, Ft Worth, San Antonio recently) and going to give it up
    there were some good deals and lots of individuals buying/selling/trading long long ago at the big shows in the Houston downtown convention center

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SA_Steve,

WELL SAID. - I think that I attended every BIG Houston & Dallas show, when we were stationed in those cities.

I collect Model 760 Remington rifles/carbines (in the odd-ball calibers & in the "higher grades"), capeguns & drillings. - I didn't even SEE a single drilling/capegun & the ONLY 760 that I saw was a "plain jane" rifle in .30-06, over-priced at 475.oo.

NOTE: I'm looking for a LONG-action 760 (with a bad/pitted/shot-out tube) to have re-bored/re-barreled in .35 Whelen, .375 Whelen or possibly .400 Brown-Whelen. = ANY .270 OR .30-06 would do as long as it's "all in one piece" & CHEAP.
    (I don't even care what it LOOKS LIKE, as it will be completely refinished in "flat-black Parkerizing" anyway. = The refinished/re-bored or re-barreled) 760 will be a WORKING RIFLE, fitted with a quality low-powered scope & recoil pad for BIG game)

yours, satx

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I took my 3yo sidekick to Dallas for the DACA show. Was larger than anything down here but about a quarter the size of the Orange County shows in my native state of Kalifornia. Anyway, the only stuff I saw in Dallas that caught my eye was Talion arms' grossly overpriced machine gun table and a separate table full for Steyr FALs that were for display only. A friend of mine who recently moved from Kali to Dallas met up with me there and had it not been for seeing him and his family for the first time in years, it would have been a wasted trip.

Overall, gun shows are not good for deals but they are an amusing way to pass the time.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I drove down from Austin (since we don't have shows here anymore :banghead: ) and took a gunless friend to his first ever gun show. The show seemed fine to me, about what they were doing at Cedar Park, a little bigger maybe than our old Saxet. I had planned on getting a 300AAC upper from Runner Runner but they only had two 5.56 uppers left.

I found a Marlin MR-7 in 270 WIN that I bought for $525 OTD kinda on a whim because it felt so nice and because I've been wanting a bolt action wooden stock deer rifle for a while. After I got home I did some research on it and it seems I got a pretty darned good underrated rifle, maybe overpaid a teeny bit but not enough to cause buyers remorse.

The friend is set on a revolver for home defense but wasn't ready to buy. He got to handle some and I was able to point out some of the different things for him to consider, and hopefully piqued his interest in other cool toys down the line. It was a good show, it was a good day. I'm happy.

Top Bottom