• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    "If a felon or addict is so dangerous as to not be allowed basic tools to defend themselves, they shouldnt be in society"

If they can't defend themselves and should be removed from society, sounds like self-correcting problem
    Felon is possession and addict purchasing are both purely administrative crimes. Both are truly victimless crimes that exist because part of the government was able to scare other part of the government into banning gun possession for people few would defend.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not to bring facts to this, but I seem to recall a similar ruling was released earlier this year. An indictment for was tossed by a federal court in Oklahoma.

Moving on, it seems the Fifth Circuit was very clear on p.29 of the ruling that, “We do not invalidate the statute in all its applications, but, importantly, only as applied to Daniels. Nor do we suggest that a robust Second Amendment is incompatible with other reasonable gun regulations.”

This ruling applies specifically to one person and 18 USC 922(g)(3) is still the law of the land.

The relevant portion is from 18 USC 922(g).

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person—

(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

Going over to 21 USC 802, the relevant definitioms are
    As used in this subchapter:
    (1) The term “addict” means any individual who habitually uses any narcotic drug so as to endanger the public morals, health, safety, or welfare, or who is so far addicted to the use of narcotic drugs as to have lost the power of self-control with reference to his addiction.

(6) The term “controlled substance” means a drug or other substance, or immediate precursor, included in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of part B of this subchapter. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco, as those terms are defined or used in subtitle E of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
    User is undefined, so plain language definitions apply.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Not to bring facts to this, but I seem to recall a similar ruling was released earlier this year. An indictment for was tossed by a federal court in Oklahoma.

Moving on, it seems the Fifth Circuit was very clear on p.29 of the ruling that, “We do not invalidate the statute in all its applications, but, importantly, only as applied to Daniels. Nor do we suggest that a robust Second Amendment is incompatible with other reasonable gun regulations.

This ruling applies specifically to one person and 18 USC 922(g)(3) is still the law of the land.

The statute is TItle I of the 1968 Gun Control Act. They are not invaliding that. Just the portion that was applied to Daniels, which was g3.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And solely to Daniels, not a blanket repeal.

"§ 922(g)(3) fails constitutional muster under the Second Amendment"

We do not invalidate the statute in all its applications, but, importantly, only as applied to Daniels

The judgment of conviction is therefore REVERSED, and a judgment dismissing the indictment is RENDERED

Bound by this interpretative sequence, we hold today that 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3), a decades-old felony provision of our federal firearms law, is unconstitutional as applied to Mr. Daniels

When they say "as applied", they are pointing to the fact Daniels was not shown to be under the influence when arrested. Applying the law to someone who is shown to be under the influence is a different case, not currently before court, so they did not go there.

Three judge rule, so not even close over.

eta some edits to clarify

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    But it isn't illegal, and isn't mind altering like a major narcotic.
    I've never seen, or heard of someone ODing snuff, or running around naked on the street.
    Never seen someone arrested for trafficking amounts of cigars.
    Post references if you have.
    Holly snit shelock, and you accuse me of being a leftist straw man.
    You have the makings of a great adolescent debater.

What are the signs and symptoms of nicotine poisoning?

Nicotine poisoning can occur in two stages: early phase and late phase.

Early phase symptoms after ingestion include:

Nausea and vomiting. Vomiting occurs in more than 50% of people with symptoms.

Increased salivation.

Abdominal pain.

Pale skin color.

Sweating.

Increased blood pressure.

Increased heart rate.

Rapid, heavy breathing (hyperpnea).

Loss of full control of body movements (ataxia), loss of balance, difficulty walking.

Tremors.

Headache, dizziness.

Muscle twitching.

Seizures.

Late phase symptoms include:

Diarrhea.

Low blood pressure (hypotension) and slow heart rate (bradycardia).

Abnormal heart rhythms.

Shock.

Coma.

Muscle weakness/paralysis.

Shallow breathing, difficulty breathing, respiratory failure.

How quickly does nicotine poisoning happen?

The early phase occurs within 15 minutes to one hour. Vomiting is the most common symptom of nicotine poisoning. The late phase occurs within 30 minutes to four hours.

How long do nicotine poisoning symptoms last?

Symptoms can last one to two hours if you’ve had mild exposure. If you’ve had severe exposure, symptoms can last up to 18 to 24 hours after exposure. Death can occur within one hour after severe exposure.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Think I will have some fast food for 'On Patrol Live' tonight, even though I think the show has went down hill after the STARZ move.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    You can say that with a strait face when our supreme leaders are dumping convicts out onto the street for what ever reason?
    come-on-man-angry.gif

Top Bottom