• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It was explained to me you're better off NOT washing / pre-washing / rinsing dishes before putting them in the washer. I've done the whole pre-wash thing before, and now I personally just load it up. About every week or two I have to clean out the little filter / trap that keeps food particles from doing down the drain.

100%

I just knock the large chunks off and put them into the dishwasher.

I also make sure to get hot water coming out the tap before I start it up. And that’s only because I had waaaay too much time to kill one day, and watched this video.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    This is a regular discussion…
    MIL/FIL wash dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Except they don’t wash the soap off.

More than once, I’m greeted by a dishwasher that’s overflowing with soapy suds.

So I typically have to take dishes out of the dishwasher, wash the soap off of them, then put them back into the expensive machine I bought that washes dishes for you.

Asking “do you wash your car before you take it to the car wash?” just results in blank stares LOL

For the garage conversion, MIL calls all the shots. FIL had just one request, and he was adamant about, like borderline angry:
    I don’t want a dishwasher! LMAO
    Got it...buy some liquid DWasher soap put it in a liquid soap bottle and let the inlaws prewash with that...add very little to the machine and all will be no suds so problem over

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    So we have this baby gate that separates Stetsons play room (AKA our living room) from the mud room and garage. It’s not good for babies to hang out in here, hence the gate.

This happened a few nights ago. MIL just came home from late bible study.
    MIL opens and walks thru the gate, but doesn’t close it behind her. Baby is awake and playing.

Me: can you close the gate behind you?
    MIL: yes, I close it every time
    Me: turn around, you left open, can you close it?
    MIL: who left it open? How can this be, I close it all the time
    Me: you left it open, I just watched you open it and walk thru it. Can you close it?
    MIL: we’ll somebody left it open and it wasn’t me
    Me: facepalm LOL
    Now we know why the liquor portion of your monthly budget exceeds all your utilities combined.

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    BTW, this is my new favorite thread.
    My Mom and Dad lived with us for the past 3 years. Mom passed away 5 months ago, and Dad just moved to an assisted living place last month.
    I can't tell you the screaming matches I had with my dad. I asked him for a Christmas gift to show me my real birth parents pictures since I HAD to be adopted. There's no way I am the product of their union.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    100%

I just knock the large chunks off and put them into the dishwasher.

I also make sure to get hot water coming out the tap before I start it up. And that’s only because I had waaaay too much time to kill one day, and watched this video.

Ok, I had time to burn, I watched the whole thing. Now I'm convinced we made a mistake by going to gel packs thinking they were cheaper / better. If we can use less soap and get a better wash, even better. Might even look at going back to powdered laundry soap. My wife loves the pod soap there - but she'll throw 2 or 3 frickin pods in with a towel load, I don't get it. That stuff is more concentrated than powder, and we have a "high efficiency" machine so you're not supposed to use a lot of soap anyway.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Even if I had a huge house I would put em up in a hotel. Been there done it. You're a good guy Pron.

Older I get the more I love alone time. Not in the mood for hearing a story that's been told 10 times in a year or have a conversation turn into how I should do something. You did the right thing by putting them in a shed. Let them earn AC. jk.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I never had the police called on me or had to call 911 for an emergency until I got married again and my wife brought her 20-something year old daughter (with her "intellectual disabilities") along. Then it happened three times in less than a year. Fortunately, the San Angelo PD told the daughter the next time they got called there then somebody was going to jail.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I never had the police called on me or had to call 911 for an emergency until I got married again and my wife brought her 20-something year old daughter (with her "intellectual disabilities") along. Then it happened three times in less than a year. Fortunately, the San Angelo PD told the daughter the next time they got called there then somebody was going to jail.

She didn't like your rules, or just abused the crap out of 911?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So this is a growing pet peeve of mine…
    When they “take out their trash” it just means they’ve moved trash from a full can from one of their rooms, to an empty can elsewhere in the house.

Grrrr…I literally just eptied this trash can
    2A169F2D-BE46-4321-8544-C2BB766994B3.jpeg
    30 mins ago

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    So this is a growing pet peeve of mine…
    When they “take out their trash” it just means they’ve moved trash from a full can from one of their rooms, to an empty can elsewhere in the house.

Grrrr…I literally just eptied this trash can View attachment 343020 30 mins ago
    How fucking lazy are these assholes? I'd fill their trash can right back up.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Probably not quite that elaborate…but I do want room for at least 2 cars, a lift and a gym/workout area

We’re considering something like this to build our next project in. Buy the space, do what you like to improve it (within bounds of contract), sell it when you’re done.

If it wasn’t less than 10 mins from the house, I wouldn’t considerate because our next project is about a 4-year build. We’d prefer to have our own 40x60 shop on property but the last two years priced us out of that game.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If it wasn’t less than 10 mins from the house, I wouldn’t considerate because our next project is about a 4-year build. We’d prefer to have our own 40x60 shop on property but the last two years priced us out of that game.
    Yeah originally we were gonna build them a separate unit, but material prices mixed that idea.

Cheaper to build a separate garage than living quarters. My city is run like a damned HOA…

Top Bottom