Target Sports

Pros and Cons of Handguns: Which is best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drawl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    what is better, a hammer or a saw? depends upon whether you are driving nails or cutting a board, right? We need more info. In general tho, a front pants pocket holster is THE way to cccw, so get a revolver (bulges a lot) or auto that you can stand to carry in that manner. 80+ % of the time, you never even have to fire, and half of the time, when just the sight of a gun fails, misses suffice, in order to stop an attack. IF that is, you get the gun out and visible to the attacker, in TIME for him to see it and stop. So all the arguments about stopping power, speed of repeat hits, etc, are mostly moot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    that is your opinion. do not profess it as fact.

My favorite way is a appendix carry. I carried a Glock 26. Made the leather holster myself. IWB.

You can draw with both hands. No heby jebys, when someone is close to your rear. Fast while sitting in a vehicle. Firearm doesn't jab your back.

Fat belly, or skinny. It's easy to hide fat Glocks.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    80+ % of the time, you never even have to fire, and half of the time, when just the sight of a gun fails, misses suffice, in order to stop an attack. IF that is, you get the gun out and visible to the attacker, in TIME for him to see it and stop. So all the arguments about stopping power, speed of repeat hits, etc, are mostly moot.

I'm not sure where to start with this post, but will briefly say that I entirely disagree with you. Going to the gun is a last resort to neutralize the attacker(s). Advocating "misses". Come on man, that is horrible advice.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Dog pile.......

The answer is that if you're proficient it doesn't matter what handgun you get. So get proficient as soon as possible. Buy more ammo before you buy more guns.

F14Scott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Katy
    Glock, Sig, Beretta, HK, or S&W. 9mm, .40, or .45. Put 200 rounds of ball and 50 rounds of your preferred defensive ammo through it. If no failures, get a good holster and you're GTG.

For me, it's a Glock 23 (mid frame in .40), Horandy 165gr FTX Critical Defense in a Comp Tac MTAC Minotaur IWB.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Over two months and only this one post? Seems the OP could have been a troll

Top Bottom