• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • track_warrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Ive owned a disco 2 and a disco 3 and loved both of them. Disco 2 was converted to a diesel so no reliability issues there. On my disco 3 hse with the v8 i had nothing but nightmares from electrical bugs that thank god were sorted by the dealer while i was still in warranty. They had to pull out all the wires from under the carpet to find the one that was making my dash and lights go crazy. Apparently they said it was a faulty cable. Nav screen also stopped working and was replaced under warranty. Solid trucks for going off road though.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Love my Disco. 2003 SE in the VIN range. Have 85K on her and loved every mile. From reading some of the posts against the Disco's, it would seem a majority of those posting have never owned one. Anyone who takes their Disco to the stealership outside of warranty is an idiot. There are plenty of forums and resources out there that you can use to fix your Disco on the cheap. Independent mechanics in Texas are easy to find as are spare parts. There is a Texas Rovers club that gives you access to a lift and others with the skills and knowledge to help fix anything that may go wrong. The RAVE manual (Rover Bible) is available free online for you to troubleshoot almost any problem. While yes they have their problems if you do your research and become active on the LR forums, you can save yourself alot of pain and money. I absolutely love my Disco.

DSCN1692.gif

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Not that there are not good ones out there, but the OVERWHELMING majority of info out there is less than favorable. Coupled with the fact that parts are not as available as other makes and there is no dealer near me.....I passed.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    True. There is a lot of negative feedback, alot of it justly deserved. These are vehicles that you do need to be prepared to put some time into. While it doesn't have that extra something, get a 4runner and be happy.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Keep in mind that tata an Indian company owns landrover, there isn't a whole lot of reliability coming out of India these days engineering wise and they are still using ford parts.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not that there are not good ones out there, but the OVERWHELMING majority of info out there is less than favorable. Coupled with the fact that parts are not as available as other makes and there is no dealer near me.....I passed.

Good call. We always make a lot of $$ whenever a Rover comes into the shop, unless the customer sees the estimate and has a mental breakdown. Which they often do...

People don't realize how badly engineered and built these things really are...

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Oh, and I'm sorry, but a Land Rover can never be cooler than this!

TrimmedFlares7Small.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

And after doing a little muddin' out at Camp Bullis...

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

Cheers! M2

Very nice. I believe the LJs will be the cj8s of the future. They seem to be kinda rare. I seen one in Shiner yesterday that looked similar to Yours. I don't think I seen one for months til yesterday. I am hoping to get one before people realize these are going to be kinda rare. I like the longer wheel base, and I believe they all came with dana 44s in the rear. Thanks for sharing these pics, it just reminded me how much I would love to own one.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    That's back near Polly's Chapel east of Bandera, there are loads of dirt roads back there but no real wheeling that I know of. And in case you aren't already aware, it is against Texas law to drive a motor vehicle in any state defined waterway.

About the only place I know to wheel near San Antonio is Cline Ranch, it's been a while since I was out there but it's nice. They only have "guided" tours though, no running around on your own. It doesn't look like much by their trail map, but trust me it will fill a day!

I actually dropped the windshield on the Jeep last night for the first time in nearly five years of ownership. It was tough the first time (took about an hour) but with the right tools and knowledge on how to do so I suspect it would take less than a half hour normally. My son and I drove through the neighborhood for (wearing eye protection, of course), it was too cold and windy to go more than 30 MPH. It was fun by after about 15 minutes we had enough, and I put everything back together.

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    That's back near Polly's Chapel east of Bandera, there are loads of dirt roads back there but no real wheeling that I know of. And in case you aren't already aware, it is against Texas law to drive a motor vehicle in any state defined waterway.

I actually dropped the windshield on the Jeep last night for the first time in nearly five years of ownership. It was tough the first time (took about an hour) but with the right tools and knowledge on how to do so I suspect it would take less than a half hour normally. My son and I drove through the neighborhood for (wearing eye protection, of course), it was too cold and windy to go more than 30 MPH. It was fun by after about 15 minutes we had enough, and I put everything back together.

Cheers! M2

Pic???

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Of Polly's Chapel? Here ya go...

IMG_3670.jpg

Or of the windshield folded down? Well, I took a few in the garage, but remember this was in the evening so I couldn't get any outside pics that were worth a damn....

WindshieldFoldedDown3.jpg

I might try it again during the summer, when the days are longer and warmer. Unfortunately, that also means there will be more bugs out, and there's a chance we'll end up looking like TRN's avatar!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom