Guns International

Pros vs cons of jumping through the hoops to get a suppressor (is it worth it?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    CDC doesn't agree with you.

I do t believe anything the CDC says and OSHA stats are continuous noises for 8 hours per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Cant wait until Texas has made in Texas/used in Texas only.

And the feds will still arrest owners and the manufacturers if they don't go through their process.

They are now felons and SCOTUS refused to hear the case and so their convictions will stand.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    And the feds will still arrest owners and the manufacturers if they don't go through their process.

They are now felons and SCOTUS refused to hear the case and so their convictions will stand.

Yep, I'm familiar with the case.

Thats when the Gov & AG of the state should have stepped in, in his defense.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Funny how that works right. Almost like they are all working together to destroy any semblance of order in society, but God forbid you want to build your own suppressor and not pay some greasy covetous cocksuckers in washington a tax to do so.

Probably just hoping they kill themselves with an O.D. for population control. They sure the hell don't want any resistance from an armed society. Just another reason to lock up the good guys that would put up a fight against tyranny.

Ruby Ridge comes to mind.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Probably just hoping they kill themselves with an O.D. for population control. They sure the hell don't want any resistance from an armed society. Just another reason to lock up the good guys that would put up a fight against tyranny.

Ruby Ridge comes to mind.
    Easy way to end any resistance is to make sure everyone is doped out of their mind on pills and weed

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Easy way to end any resistance is to make sure everyone is doped out of their mind on pills and weed

Weed isn't as bad as alcohol IMO. Ive seen plenty of mean drunks... not so much with stoners. Like with any vice... it's all about taking care of your priorities. I seen a sticker a long time ago.

God made pot, man made beer ... who do you trust?

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    If that was the case the use of Narcan to revive O.D.Ed junkies wouldn’t be in national use!

the legalization of weed is about money some cockroach politicians want a piece of.

Big Pharma, Cotton Industry, Liquor industry, Lumber industry... the list goes on & on with industries paying lobbyists to make sure weed isn't legal.

There's a book out called THE EMPEROR WEARS NO CLOTHES that details all the products you could make from hemp, let alone the medical benefits of THC.

Oils, paints, fuel, lumber, clothes, are just a few that the hemp industry could dominate. An acre of hemp can be harvested bi annually... try that with wood.

ETA...
    Harry Anslinger in the 1930s was the biggest contributor for weed propaganda & making it illegal. The devils lettuce is the main cause for white woman getting raped & jazz music...not to mention... YOU'LL GO INSANE if you smoke it.

Back in the 1800's it used to be illegal not to grow hemp, it helped cloth soldiers, made sails & rope for the sailing ships of the time.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    1. Was it worth it to you personally? 2. What value does it bring to you? 3. Pro's vs. Con's?

1. Yes.......
    2. Neighbors never hear a thing......
    3. Only .22 cans with subsonics are movie quiet.........

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Weed isn't as bad as alcohol IMO. Ive seen plenty of mean drunks... not so much with stoners. Like with any vice... it's all about taking care of your priorities. I seen a sticker a long time ago.

God made pot, man made beer ... who do you trust?
    The only thing a stoner ever wanted to kill is a bag of chips...

p230

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    The only downsides I can see is having to divert money from buying more ammo and such to the suppressor fund and if you were so inclined to move to a less free state you might have to store them while you are there. Other than that I don't see any downside. They have made all of my rifles much more pleasant to shoot. I would have to double up on the hearing protection because they already ring pretty bad from my misspent youth. I have only tried my Walther PPQ with a suppressor but it was a big difference. Definitely not hearing safe BUT I was able to do away with one set of protection. Plus if you did have to use it in an emergency the damage would be less. My 9mm AR is really quiet with 147 gr subs and a 16" barrel. I have also noticed on my hunting rifles a decrease in recoil. I don't have any way to measure it but they sure seem more comfortable to shoot to me. Buy you some and don't look back.

Top Bottom