• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I don't understand. Is it not against the law to block a public commerce route like that. It is illegal to dangle a large foreign object that could be a danger to the public from a bridge like that?

So if a group of people gather on an overpass the crosses over a major highway and dangle something down to stop and block traffic is that going to be allowed to happen?

This is insanity.
    Target Sports

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Protesters have closed the Fred Hartman bridge between LaPorte and Baytown, Texas. I crossed over it this morning and saw it firsthand. They are dangling a net down from the bridge to prevent ships from entering the Houston ship channel. Bridge traffic is narrowed to two lanes and is backed up for miles.
    Ship traffic is backed up considerably. I can only imagine the cost associated with having to keep an ocean-going vessel full of cargo sitting idly by as these communist bastages protest. Traffic, including semi trucks, is backed up for hours trying to get out of the area - again impeding international commerce.
    Indications are that law enforcement will allow these protests to continue and make no effort to interfere. All this so the protesters have a national audience for the Democratic debates this evening. Supposedly, they are demonstrating in favor of renewable energy and cleaning up the environment.
    I suppose they will just drop their shorts and urinate/defecate into the water below as needed. What hipocritres.
    Too bad no one has the balls just to cut a few ropes.

What are they protesting ? I have never protested anything or even felt like protesting anything.
    If they were in my way, they would feel me GENTLY WAFTING them over the side of the bridge with the fender of my car. Then I would wish them a nice swim.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I had to look around online for photos before I could figure out how dangling a net (per the OP) could shut down anything. Then I saw pictures and realized they are dangling themselves over the water.

I don't care how passionate I was about something, I don't think I would choose that method to protest. I'm sure there are folks within a mile of them who might be tempted to take potshots in their direction. I hope nobody does, of course; the last thing I want for them is martyrdom. Still, it takes a special kind of stupid to make yourself hated by tens of thousands of people while simultaneously exposing yourself to 360 degrees of vulnerability.

Then again, I never played chicken in cars when I was a teenager so maybe I just don't understand the thought process going on here.

I wonder how it would go with paintball guns.

I’m sure the paintballer would still get in trouble. But I have to admit I would laugh historically at the helpless recipient dangling below the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had to look around online for photos before I could figure out how dangling a net (per the OP) could shut down anything. Then I saw pictures and realized they are dangling themselves over the water.

I don't care how passionate I was about something, I don't think I would choose that method to protest. I'm sure there are folks within a mile of them who might be tempted to take potshots in their direction. I hope nobody does, of course; the last thing I want for them is martyrdom. Still, it takes a special kind of stupid to make yourself hated by tens of thousands of people while simultaneously exposing yourself to 360 degrees of vulnerability.

Then again, I never played chicken in cars when I was a teenager so maybe I just don't understand the thought process going on here.
    upload_2019-9-12_14-11-41.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-12_14-11-41.jpeg
      upload_2019-9-12_14-11-41.jpeg
      8.3 KB · Views: 311

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I don't understand. Is it not against the law to block a public commerce route like that. It is illegal to dangle a large foreign object that could be a danger to the public from a bridge like that?

So if a group of people gather on an overpass the crosses over a major highway and dangle something down to stop and block traffic is that going to be allowed to happen?

This is insanity.

Seeing as you have to have a TWIC to get into the port all because of 9/11 and the anniversary was just yesterday I surely hope all these protesters are arrested and tried as terrorists. Make an example of them and stop this bullshit in the future.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Cut those ropes and after they have to swim in the ship channel, they will find some place to protest next time.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Yeah. From the description, I thought they were standing on the bridge dangling some sort of a net down. I say let them be. If a ship comes along and bumps them, too bad. They will just have to hang there until they get better. LOL Either that or people could use them for target practice. But that would be wrong. LOL

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    They seem to be suspended a very long way down and it seems it would be quite difficult for them to self recover after being dehydrated so they would need to be rescued. It might become quite expensive to facilitate a rescue.

Top Bottom