Pruett's Raided

Status

Zen

May 6, 2009
Kingwood, Tx
My girlfriend works at Carter's Country on Treaschwig and just called me saying that the BATFE raided Pruett's Guns and Ammo today and arrested all the employees (Most of Jim's family). I can't find any news about this yet, nor do I know the reason for it (99% sure it's "Administrative Crimes" ... i.e. using abbreviations instead of full words but who knows).

Has anyone heard about this yet or have any details about it?

Zen

May 6, 2009
Kingwood, Tx
I called and only got the answering machine - probably Jim's just selling the hell out of some guns. I know the BATFE has been doing some house to house questioning regarding suspicious sales etc. so somebody might just be making up a story cause I don't see anything about it from usual sources.

Hopefully somebody knows for sure or can talk to Jim directly and make sure this is made up.

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
See if we can find out more from Outlaw Dave tomorrow at Shiloh.... He is still pretty tight with Pruett.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I know the BATFE has been doing some house to house questioning regarding suspicious sales etc.
You mean you read the article or got the email and didn't read the details of what the BATF is actually doing. Although a little distressing, they aren't just knocking on Joe American's door just because.

And I doubt it has anything to do with the Pruett story.

A_FIVE-O

Apr 6, 2009
Houston-Laredo
Guys,

I'll share some non-classified intel with the nice gun owners of TGT. Due to the hype of Stateside guns being found in Mexico the BATF has sent a bunch of ATF Special Agents from accross the U.S.A. down to South Texas on TDY for about 3 months. Targeted cities are El Paso, Houston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Laredo, McAllen, and Brownsville. There role is to investigate suspicous weapon sales and other various tasks. Don't worry if you are just a "Joe" American who collects lots and lots of guns. Its the true straw buyers and shady gun dealers that should be worried.

Status

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts