APOD Firearms

Push comes to shove: How good a shot are you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How well can you shoot under pressure at 100, 200 & 500 yards?

• I’m a consistent sub-MOA Shooter at all distances in any situation

Votes: 1 1.7%
    • I’m a sub-MOA shooter at the range, likely 1-2 MOA otherwise

Votes: 12 20.3%
    • 1-2 MOA at the range, 2-3 under pressure at all distances

Votes: 14 23.7%
    • I can hit a moving van at 50 yards

Votes: 17 28.8%
    • I have enough ammo for my semi to hit anything eventually

Votes: 10 16.9%
    • Belt / Can-Fed GAU-19, all targets will be quickly destroyed

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Bro, you're 74 years old. I'm very aware of what your physical limits are, I've seen you guys at the range sweating with the air condition on. Relax. This is just a fun discussion grandpa. :laughing:

Just because your from commefornia and changed Austin to Austin suburbs does NOT make you "very aware" of my physical or any other limits. You have NO idea of what I can do and cannot do.
    You talk about how great you can shoot at a stationary target, a non shooting back target at that and hit it. My 20 year old grand-daughter can do that and with less shots than it takes you to hit any target.

Well , sonny boy, if you can make a joke of defending your or any ones life, I DO NOT want you anywhere near me when and if it comes to defending my country and my love ones.

What is happening to our freedom right now is NO joke.. Maybe when you grow up and become a man, you'll realize this.
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just because your from commefornia and changed Austin to Austin suburbs does NOT make you "very aware" of my physical or any other limits. You have NO idea of what I can do and cannot do.
    You talk about how great you can shoot at a stationary target, a non shooting back target at that and hit it. My 20 year old grand-daughter can do that and with less shots than it takes you to hit any target.

Well , sonny boy, if you can make a joke of defending your or any ones life, I DO NOT want you anywhere near me when and if it comes to defending my country and my love ones.

What is happening to our freedom right now is NO joke.. Maybe when you grow up and become a man, you'll realize this.
    I'd rather have old cripple guys covering my back than some loud-mouthed kid running his yap and bragging how good he is at shooting.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Actually If I had to pick someone for a CQB encounter, bad guys having no body armor, there's a guy in Palmer that's well known in the cowboy action shooting world, and I think he's 60 something...I would not ever dream of taking him on.

Yes, there are the 0.001% Jerry Miculek types who are really good in a pinch who could hit 6 targets in .98 seconds with a Barret M107 firing .50 BMG.

But let's be honest, most big belly biker types, 50 pounds overweight, pushing 75 years old, are literally turrets, nothing more. I'm not trying to be mean here, it's just the reality of life. If that's the type of "militia" you want to roll with, that's great.

But personally, I've seen those types at carbine classes, or at the range, and they literally sweat and breath hard just standing around. Not exactly "combat" ready.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yes, there are the 0.001% Jerry Miculek types who are really good in a pinch who could hit 6 targets in .98 seconds with a Barret M107 firing .50 BMG.

But let's be honest, most big belly biker types, 50 pounds overweight, pushing 75 years old, are literally turrets, nothing more. I'm not trying to be mean here, it's just the reality of life.
    How about you GFY?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

But let's be honest, most big belly biker types, 50 pounds overweight, pushing 75 years old, are literally turrets, nothing more. I'm not trying to be mean here, it's just the reality of l

But let's be honest, most big belly biker types, 50 pounds overweight, pushing 75 years old, are literally turrets, nothing more. I'm not trying to be mean here, it's just the reality of life.
    There you go, assuming again that you know me. Which you don't. All your doing is stereotyping people who ride a motorcycle. I'll say this a little louder.

YOU DO NOT KNOW ME AND HAVE NEVER MET ME. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CAN NOT DO.

And that's the reality of it.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

But let's be honest, most big belly biker types, 50 pounds overweight, pushing 75 years old, are literally turrets, nothing more. I'm not trying to be mean here, it's just the reality of life. If that's the type of "militia" you want to roll with, that's great.

But personally, I've seen those types at carbine classes, or at the range, and they literally sweat and breath hard just standing around. Not exactly "combat" ready.

Hot dawg, we got a genuine, rootin', tootin' know it all here fellers.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas

Yeah I don't know you personally but I know nature and science.

Not a lot of 74 year olds running an 8 minute mile (considered pretty slow by most standards), let alone a 6-7 minute mile. Not a lot of 74 year olds rucking 50 pounds over variable terrain for 5 clicks. Not a lot of 74 year old with great eye sight, the type required to be making shots at distance.

Also I don't remember ever asking you to be next to me during a fight, ever. You think I want a 74 old liability to be watching my six? A guy who wakes up 2-3 times a night to piss? Give me a break. :laughing:

Especially a hot headed immature geriatric who thinks it's cool to bully and start fights on the internet because someone "wasn't born in the same" area as them. I don't owe you respect, nor have I ever offered it. I certainly don't care what you or your family do during a fight. You do the best you can with what you got gramps. I know what I got, and it isn't going to be made better with an immature, out of shape, 74 year old in the mix. That I KNOW for sure. :roflsmile:

• Sad
    Reactions: gll

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Not a lot of 74 year olds running an 8 minute mile (considered pretty slow by most standards), let alone a 6-7 minute mile. Not a lot of 74 year olds rucking 50 pounds over variable terrain for 5 clicks. Not a lot of 74 year old with great eye sight, the type required to be making shots at distance.

Also I don't remember ever asking you to be next to me during a fight, ever. You think I want a 74 old liability to be watching my six? A guy who wakes up 2-3 times a night to piss? Give me a break. :laughing:

Especially a hot headed immature geriatric who thinks it's cool to bully and start fights on the internet because someone "wasn't born in the same" area as them. I don't owe you respect, nor have I ever offered it. I certainly don't care what you or your family do during a fight. You do the best you can with what you got gramps. I know what I got, and it isn't going to be made better with an immature, out of shape, 74 year old in the mix. That I KNOW for sure. :roflsmile:
    Wow! You really go out of your way to prove just how big a prick you can be, don't you?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

And you can read too. So go back and READ what the OP asked and reread it until you understand the words

"UNDER PRESSURE"

No where did the OP say anything about running rucking with 50 lbs for 5 clicks or any other military words. I'm trying to keep this simple for you. Take the time to understand what you read not just read to respond.

Me, a HOT HEADED IMMATURE GERIATRIC? :laughing:

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    And you can read too. So go back and READ what the OP asked and reread it until you understand the words

"UNDER PRESSURE"

No where did the OP say anything about running rucking with 50 lbs for 5 clicks or any other military words. I'm trying to keep this simple for you. Take the time to understand what you read not just read to respond.

Me, a HOT HEADED IMMATURE GERIATRIC? :laughing:

I don't see you being very successful under pressure, not gonna to lie. :laughing:

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Dinners ready. Got to keep on schedule for my food consumption. You know how us older people need our nourishment.

This should give my tormentor time to come up with some more of his/hers science and knowledge of us senior citizens.

Make sure to walk down any stairs slowly and carefully. Enjoy your meal!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom