• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    So y'all don't think drawing a black woman with minstrel show coon lips isn't even the littlest bit racist?

Not when an Aussie is the one drawing the caricature. That COULD be (though I wouldn't think it) racist coming out of an American comic, but they do not have the history we do nor do they give a crap about it. Itts a caricature, it is made to mock features on the person and their actions.
    Dmz3QJWVsAAsegg.jpg
    Guns International

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I have seen the RACE card played many, many time in my career and almost without execution when it was played it was the ONLY leg on the stool they had.

PC is just another way to divide the nation and in fact is a keystone in the destruction of a nation, Hitler did it and so have many others over the years, its SOP communist overthrow.

Remember it was Congress that granted minorities special rights and privileges that whites do not have and start with them being a "protected class of people"...What in the hell got in the govt/Congress head to do anything like that. In fact IMO its UNCONSTITUTIONAL in more than one way.

Fat lips, what if the guy had drawn a pic of her with thin lips, would that have raised a stink??? $$$$$ bet on it!

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    PC is just another way to divide the nation and in fact is a keystone in the destruction of a nation, Hitler did it and so have many others over the years, its SOP communist overthrow.

No, SOP is to "UNITE" the nation against a common enemy, real or imagined.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Was watching the CBS morning show Monday morning when they were discussing this and the banter back in forth about women’s equality and other issues when John Dickerson piped in and said “and Race was a factor”. I like to fell off the bar stool. The main stream media will bring race in even when it’s just not there. This is so unfortunate because the reality of the overuse of the race card doesn’t help the true fight against racism. It actually works against it.

And to the cartoon? I don’t see anything racist about that cartoon. It’s actually kind of funny and very accurate for what it is and is trying to be.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Was watching the CBS morning show Monday morning when they were discussing this and the banter back in forth about women’s equality and other issues when John Dickerson piped in and said “and Race was a factor”. I like to fell off the bar stool. The main stream media will bring race in even when it’s just not there. This is so unfortunate because the reality of the overuse of the race card doesn’t help the true fight against racism. It actually works against it.

And to the cartoon? I don’t see anything racist about that cartoon. It’s actually kind of funny and very accurate for what it is and is trying to be.
    That is where we are today: Black does not get a promotion its racism, Serena does not win a tennis match, racism.

So who is in charge of the NFL, Goodell, the team owners, nope none of them, these 10 guys. In the military you don't have to raise the fist, just make a fist with your hand and you are subject to punishment under UCMJ. (Raised) fist is a threat and its a direct threat by blacks against whites, been that way for years (going back to the 60's Black Panthers). Far as I am concerned any man who raises his fist while the Anthem is playing is enemy mine!!!

Week 1: Ten Players Protested During the National Anthem

• Philadelphia Eagles Defensive End Michael Bennett sat on the bench during the anthem.
    • Miami Dolphins Receivers Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson took a knee, and Robert Quinn raised his fist.
    • San Francisco 49ers Receiver Marquise Goodwin raised a fist.
    • Los Angeles Chargers Tackle also Russell Okung raised a fist.
    • Denver Broncos Receiver Demaryius Thomas and Linebacker Brandon Marshall refused to take the field during the anthem.
    • Seattle Seahawks Linemen Duane Brown and Quinton Jefferson also refused to take the field during the song.
    ESPN has decided not to air the anthem for its Monday Night Football broadcast.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    So y'all don't think drawing a black woman with minstrel show coon lips isn't even the littlest bit racist?

I guess I'm in the minority but I see the tie in. I don't think that was necessarily the cartoonist's intention but it's hard to deny that history.

None of that has anything to do with her behavior. She has a history of treating the umpires like absolute garbage and I can't stand her for that. This isn't an isolated incident.

Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Serena's paddy was disappointing and not the behavior expected of a professional sports player. She deserved the lampooning just as McEnroe was back in the day. Mark Knight's caricature was consistent with his other work and therefore cannot be considered racist. Unfortunately Americas dark past affords this misinterpretation especially when fueled by the powers that be who wish to keep us all preoccupied with squabbles so they can all continue to get fat on our stupidity.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Political cartoons have historically used exaggerated features for comedy. The left does it to make fun of gun owners or the right. The right does it to the left. People have done it to Indians, Muslims, native Americans, African Americans, Jews, Christians, the list goes on. I do not care if it’s viewed as racist. Everyone has a right to express themselves freely.

It’s like people that hate the “n” word. I personally don’t use it but IMO people need to stop caring if it’s used. Why? If African Americans want to lead by example, great, but they don’t. That word is in slang, in music, and as long as it’s ok for blacks to call themselves that, I don’t care about it.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    No, SOP is to "UNITE" the nation against a common enemy, real or imagined.

BRB....I hear an imaginary enemy slipping in the back door!!!
    Political cartoons have historically used exaggerated features for comedy. The left does it to make fun of gun owners or the right. The right does it to the left. People have done it to Indians, Muslims, native Americans, African Americans, Jews, Christians, the list goes on. I do not care if it’s viewed as racist. Everyone has a right to express themselves freely.

It’s like people that hate the “n” word. I personally don’t use it but IMO people need to stop caring if it’s used. Why? If African Americans want to lead by example, great, but they don’t. That word is in slang, in music, and as long as it’s ok for blacks to call themselves that, I don’t care about it.

Nicker please. ..

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom