• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Even Primary Arms doesn't want to deal with Radical because they receive uppers with mismarked barrels, improperly torqued extensions and/or barrel nuts, etc. It's a free market. Spend your money with whomever you like.
    Dunno, they're still on their site, and when I was in their they were recommending one to a customer last week

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Dunno, they're still on their site, and when I was in their they were recommending one to a customer last week
    They have to check each barrel to make sure the chamber and bore actually match the marking on the barrel. Awesome quality!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Sorry, what does refusing to deal with them mean then?

Also I only deal with new ammo, thanks for trying.

I just think it's unfair to disparage an entire manufacturer based on hearsay and ignore the fact that ALL manufacturers have issues. It's just how things work in the world of mass production. And especially to complain about torque when the machining honestly is the most important thing, assembly is easily fixed.

Is it right? No. But its not the end of the world.

Here's an example maybe your small mind can understand. Sig Sauer is by far my favorite. I will absolutely label myself a fanboy of them - but I will also be the first to admit they have constantly have quality issues. Why? Mass production and cheap labor. You think every guy on the line cares every ounce about making a quality product? No, he just wants his minimum wage and to go home. Doesn't mean the manufacturer is shit, as long as they take care of it.

It sucks, but its the world we live in. Even magpul makes defective stuff occasionally.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Where did I say anything about PA refusing to deal with them? And Freedom Munitions makes new ammo also.

You are terrible at reading comprehension. Some people just can't handle it when others talk bad about companies they support. No need to get salty about it.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    When the barrel extension is not torqued and it spins on the barrel, it is not easily fixed. The gas system on an AR-15 is probably more complex than your simple mind can grasp. Once the barrel extension spins on the barrel, your gas system is no longer aligned because the barrel extension is what keys the barrel into the receiver.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Honestly I believe you are repeating someone else's bias with no actual personal experience and no more validity than "Glocks go kaboom"; are we talking dozens of FFLs or one guy that sells guns on the side out of his house? Is this a gunsmith or a self-proclaimed expert accredited by virtue of possessing an FFL? A couple of gun counter cowboys at Gander? A French model perhaps?

lmao, I actually worked with a gun counter cowboy at Gander who left to work at Radical Firearms, ironically.

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Even Primary Arms doesn't want to deal with Radical because they receive uppers with mismarked barrels, improperly torqued extensions and/or barrel nuts, etc. It's a free market. Spend your money with whomever you like.

Where did I say anything about PA refusing to deal with them? And Freedom Munitions makes new ammo also.

You are terrible at reading comprehension. Some people just can't handle it when others talk bad about companies they support. No need to get salty about it.

You sir need to calm down and remember literally what you just posted.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I really hate it when I have to side with an Oompaloompa, but he never said anything about refusing, as is pointed out by your quotation of both remarks.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    When the barrel extension is not torqued and it spins on the barrel, it is not easily fixed. The gas system on an AR-15 is probably more complex than your simple mind can grasp. Once the barrel extension spins on the barrel, your gas system is no longer aligned because the barrel extension is what keys the barrel into the receiver.

1. Remove the rail
    2. Pull the Gas tube
    3. Loosen barrel nut
    4. Remove barrel

This is where my knowledge lacks a little bit. Is the index pin Sun through the Barrel extension into the barrel? This would actually be a relatively easy fix and that you would replace the barrel and Barrel extension for a new one and then send it back to the manufacturer

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    1. Remove the rail
    2. Pull the Gas tube
    3. Loosen barrel nut
    4. Remove barrel

This is where my knowledge lacks a little bit. Is the index pin Sun through the Barrel extension into the barrel? This would actually be a relatively easy fix and that you would replace the barrel and Barrel extension for a new one and then send it back to the manufacturer

The index pin is only in the extension. If the extension spins on the barrel, your barrel will no longer index into the receiver with the gas port at the 12 o'clock. Yes it can be fixed but it is certainly not an easy tax. It's more work than even a seasoned homesmith would probably want to tackle. Redrilling the extension for a new index pin might be easy enough, but not if the new hole interferes with the old hole. I guess you could TIG the old hole and dress it, then redrill the new one. Or you could just buy your barrel from a manufacturer that is known to produce quality barrels whose barrel extensions don't spin off during normal service like removing a muzzle device.

You're right that the easiest fix would be to just send it back and buy a new one lol. :D

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I could not remember if the I could not remember if the pen went into the barrel

Top Bottom