• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    If the barrel was spinning on the extension, that is certainly a return to the manufacturer issue

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Fair enough, I misread. Not the only one here as well.

However you sir still need to rethink who the real fan(atic) is. Either you and your rabid hate of radical, or me with a large assortment of different makes. I am loyal to no one brand, and trying to discredit me by throwing freedom under the bus (who also have a wide rabid following of people who love them) simply shows that you are just like most politicians: refusing to see reality and living in your own private world.

You are MORE than welcome to dislike them, but spreading this nonsense as "fact" is ridiculous. You simply seem to have a personal vendetta that goes far beyond a dissatisfied customer.

Show me a single manufacturer that has never had issues. Shit, even some of the most tested and overly engineered things have issues, see NASA and SpaceX. After all, people are human.

How many firearms has Radical produced? Surely if they were so shitty the market would have put them out of business and there would be rampant reports of such.

No one is denying you saw real issues, the fact is you can't prove its consistent and regular as you claim. Hell, your PA statement has been refuted by others as well. As I said, show me one manufacturer that has never had issues. You won't be able to. Even $5k hand-built custom 1911s have had issues. Shit happens.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    What's your issue with Freedom?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've only had a few problems with Freedom in my limited experience with them (maybe 500 rounds), where I had some FTFires and quite a few blown primers. But my friends who shoot competitively have nothing but bad things to say about Freedom. Lots of light loads, or duds, blown primers, or badly deformed cases. You know I like keeping my money in Texas but not if it risks a gun blowing up in my face.

Hickeroar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2016
    Even Primary Arms doesn't want to deal with Radical...

This is patently false. I found the video in my previous post ^ by way of Primary Arms posting it on facebook... Here's the post from yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/primaryarmsllc/posts/1246267548730714

I don't own a Radical AR, and my friend who builds a lot avoids them because they're not always 100% milspec, but their owners by and large have no problem whatsoever with their rifles.

I feel like people just get off on some elitist feeling because they spent 3-4x as much for their personal favorite brand...

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Mine has been fine. Checked it out to make sure everything was GTG when I got it - like I do with EVERY firearm. Taken a number of deer and hogs.

I suspect the department's armorer would inspect them when they came in anyway, and return any w/ defects.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    This is patently false. I found the video in my previous post ^ by way of Primary Arms posting it on facebook... Here's the post from yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/primaryarmsllc/posts/1246267548730714

I don't own a Radical AR, and my friend who builds a lot avoids them because they're not always 100% milspec, but their owners by and large have no problem whatsoever with their rifles.

I feel like people just get off on some elitist feeling because they spent 3-4x as much for their personal favorite brand...
    Wait, so their parts are not mil-spec, and they often have reliability issues, and yet they and you are still okay with that? LMAO

But yeah, I am an elitist. You know, all my Mossbergs and PSA's and Smith & Wesson's.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    People are more likely to believe a single person with a single rifle, but not an FFL that builds ARs for a living LOL

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I like mine
    961f246b863a4d867724cba64474a3a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I've never owned one nor do I have personal experience with their firearms. But I have heard of people complain about them. They seem to be the Bushmaster and Remington in todays market. For the casual shooter, you may never experience a problem. But it you put a lot of rounds down range, the quality will likely show itself. From my perspective, there's usually a difference in quality from a $600 AR compared to a $1600 AR. Usually but not always. But where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I consider myself somewhat of an expert at being cheap, I've bought enough "junk" that I'm confident in my ability to spot a bargain. My brother is the opposite, he's convinced the most expensive is the best and sometimes that's a true statement but not always or even most of the time in my experience - you can't put a price on status. When I shoot his high-end, customized ARs I have to admit they have a nice balance, sweet trigger, crystal clear glass... and my bargain ARs shoot as many 10s, pull almost as tight groups and cost less than half. Over the years we've bought and sold quite a few between us and my Vortex glass is still just as clear as his Leopold for my old eyes, the action just as tight with no appreciable difference in reliability.

It's my opinion that "better" and "worse" are pretty subjective terms and depend heavily on taste and intended function. I think there's junk out there, I just don't think this is it and place it squarely in the "bargain" column. Some folks just aren't happy unless everything they have is the absolute pinnacle of envy and expense even if the difference in quality and function are indiscernible, that's not me though.

Sorry to be a contrarian however just because someone assembles ARs for profit doesn't provide any more weight to their opinion than someone who does it for the passion of it. There are true experts out there (certainly not me), usually an FFL trying to bump his margin a little with a parts swap isn't it and you'll pardon me if I take it with a grain of salt.

Remind me how many rifles Noveske donated?

Hickeroar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2016
    Wait, so their parts are not mil-spec, and they often have reliability issues, and yet they and you are still okay with that? LMAO

First of all, my friend said they're not 100% milspec. I personally don't know if they are or not.

Second, since when does being milspec have ANYTHING to do with quality or reliability? People shell out thousands on blatantly non-milspec "premium" AR-15s all the time. Some of the most expensive parts you can buy for an AR-15 are FAR from milspec. Pretending milspec has anything to do with quality or reliability is just absurd. 99.999% of the guns you could go down to the store and buy are not milspec because there IS NO milspec for them...

Third, I never made mention of their reliability being bad at all. In fact I provided a video showing that they tend to be quite reliable. You made that part up.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you just feel like arguing... Why don't we get back to the point of the thread here, which is about what Radical Firearms is doing for our LEOs. Talking crap about them because they're not your favorite brand is derailing the point entirely.

Last edited:

bignic83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    West of San Antone
    First of all, my friend said they're not 100% milspec. I personally don't know if they are or not.

Second, since when does being milspec have ANYTHING to do with quality or reliability? People shell out thousands on blatantly non-milspec "premium" AR-15s all the time. Some of the most expensive parts you can buy for an AR-15 are FAR from milspec. Pretending milspec has anything to do with quality or reliability is just absurd. 99.999% of the guns you could go down to the store and buy are not milspec because there IS NO milspec for them...

Third, I never made mention of their reliability being bad at all. In fact I provided a video showing that they tend to be quite reliable. You made that part up.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you just feel like arguing... Why don't we get back to the point of the thread here, which is about what Radical Firearms is doing for our LEOs. Talking crap about them because they're not your favorite brand is derailing the point entirely.

To be 100% mil spec, they would have to be classified as an M4 with select or burst fire correct?

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom